Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Fraser
    • By MSE Fraser 17th Nov 15, 4:00 PM
    • 30Posts
    • 4Thanks
    MSE Fraser
    Add your feedback on energy supplier So Energy
    • 17th Nov 15, 4:00 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier So Energy 17th Nov 15 at 4:00 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

So Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 4
    • Elijah Bailey
    • By Elijah Bailey 11th Jul 17, 1:45 PM
    • 85 Posts
    • 94 Thanks
    Elijah Bailey
    I have just received four e-mails from EDF stating how "sorry" they were that I was leaving. Not sorry enough to offer a competitive tariff to fleeing customer though.
    • graymanuk
    • By graymanuk 20th Jul 17, 1:36 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    graymanuk
    I switched to SO Energy Hippo in April 2017. They were not the absolute cheapest, but seemed the best value for a company with decent customer service ratings. The switch process was highly automated and efficient with good communication at each stage Everything was in place by the scheduled date. I did have to chase up my previous supplier who managed to close my account but continue taking direct debits(!), but this was not the fault of SO Energy.

Having suffered through a couple of suppliers with lousy billing systems, SO appear to have their act together in that regard with a modern look to their web site and their systems actually work. The first statement was exactly on time and correct, something that my previous supplier took 6 months to achieve.

Since the online and billing systems work fine, I've had no need to call customer service. I did ask a question by email and received a rapid response written by a friendly human.

So far,so good!
    • lisa110rry
    • By lisa110rry 3rd Aug 17, 3:21 PM
    • 1,712 Posts
    • 3,017 Thanks
    lisa110rry
    Where has the past year gone? My contract with So (So Falcon) is ending soon and I received a helpful email showing their projections for next year (25% lower gas usage across the year with my new boiler and Hive!) which I checked against my spreadsheets and found to be spot on. Using these kWh consumption totals I went to MSE's Cheap Energy Club and ran the comparison. One or two suppliers with lower figures (and poor ratings), but only £1/month cheaper, so I opted to enjoy So for another year on their So Jaguar tariff. I've just emailed So to say how pleased I am to be their customer. After many, many years of toil and trouble with energy suppliers, they're great! I'm glad that most others are finding the experience equally painless.

One thing to add, So Energy give notice in their t&cs that they expect your account to hold at least one month's payment in credit. But on the other hand, they equally expect to manage your payments so that there isn't a large credit at the end of your contract (this statement made to me in a telephone call). It does look like this is happening because my payments are tapering down now.
    “And all shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be exceeding well.”
    ― Julian of Norwich
    In other words, Don't Panic!
    • Elijah Bailey
    • By Elijah Bailey 4th Aug 17, 11:48 AM
    • 85 Posts
    • 94 Thanks
    Elijah Bailey
    Happy to report a smooth switch to the So Impala tariff. My SoEnergy account is now active and no contact with customer services has been required at all.

EDF have already returned my balance credit too. I thought they might take their time with that but I have been pleasantly surprised.
    • YorkshireRobb11
    • By YorkshireRobb11 23rd Aug 17, 2:09 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    YorkshireRobb11
    Top notch!
    I've been with So Energy for a year. The introduction/transfer was painless (as it should be) and the service is second to none. I had cause to ring them for small issue and they picked up the phone quickly and resolved the issue promptly. I tend to switch every year to get the best deal but have had some horrors in the past by switching to certain companies (big and small) so was a little hesitant to try out this new company. The website is a joy to use. My tariff is due up in Sept 2017 and a quick glance at the other options shows several that are cheaper but they have terrible reviews. Some of the bigger companies like E.On (been impressed with them in the past) and NPower (meh!) are about the same price. I'm therefore going to sign up for a further 12 months as more than happy with the service. Would recommend.
    • oscar1974
    • By oscar1974 18th Sep 17, 5:39 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    oscar1974
    I'd certainly recommend
    Switched to So a year ago from one of the Big 6. Happy to say I am re contracting with them for another year.

Their customer service is good - I contacted them about a revised Direct Debit (an increase which they review every 6 months) which would mean that in the summer I would be in credit, but I didn't agree with the increase so they happily kept it the same - I still ended up in credit at the end of the year anyway!

Their bills are clear and entering your meter readings are easy, and they offer you their better tariff at the end of the year. I did a comparison and wouldn't really have saved much switching to another supplier with terrible customer service reviews.

They are also happy to bill you at standard rate electricity on an old economy 7 meter, which some suppliers will tell you that you'd need a new meter installing (at a cost of course).

Overall, great, small supplier.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,043Posts Today

5,272Users online

Martin's Twitter