Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    • 12,776Posts
    • 46,332Thanks
    savingwannabe
    The Happy Savings Fund
    • 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    The Happy Savings Fund 18th Feb 15 at 6:31 PM
    I am going to copy over all my posts about my new kitchen or lack of it!!!!

I am changing my thread name back to a more saving focussed one so I don't get distracted.

Addendum: I have changed the name again as I am planning to chill out now I have savings and am going to continue to save for happy times. lol.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 03-12-2016 at 8:16 PM. Reason: to re-focus my savings
    Happiness Fund (Dec 1st 2017)
    Reminder: I HAVE EVERYTHING I COULD WANT so SAVE!!!!
Page 64
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 14th Jul 17, 8:04 PM
    • 12,776 Posts
    • 46,332 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Enjoy the fete. I hope weather stays nice too.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 15th Jul 17, 6:23 PM
    • 12,776 Posts
    • 46,332 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I spent £14 on day out with girls (ate rubbish food not happy about that) and travel. I also did a £16 healthy food shop and gave £5 to charity. Total spend today £35.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 16th Jul 17, 8:28 AM
    • 12,776 Posts
    • 46,332 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Ive lost a kilo :

Hurrah. I might do some jogging today, I have sooo much healthy food. After a while it becomes moreish. My floors need a good mop but I am not sure what else I should do.

Ive put my 7000 Kitchen Fund into my mortgage overpayment and now have £500 savings. I think it is a sensible use of my savings as then I am not tempted to spend it.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 16-07-2017 at 9:18 AM.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 16th Jul 17, 1:42 PM
    • 2,861 Posts
    • 18,076 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Well done on the weight loss and mortgage overpayment SW.
    Aims for 2017 -
    1. save as much as possible. spend as little as possible but still have a social life !
    2. no takeaways !
    3. shop once a week - no "top-up" shops - no unnecessary spending !!
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 16th Jul 17, 4:50 PM
    • 12,776 Posts
    • 46,332 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Bless you, I have jogged for 20mins on trampoline - I don't feel tired but will ache tomorrow as it's the first time in 8 months I think. I did 12 mins on cross trainer too.

I was proud of myself for jogging. But note to self - do not jog in front of a mirror - especially when I have spare tyre that looks like a Michelin Man!!!!!! I am sooooo ashamed. I want it gone. Where the heck did it come from? I looked up liposuction but it costs £6k I would rather use it for the mortgage so I am going to have to exercise it off slowly.

I have been eating largely fruit and veg for days. I do have Weetabix, pasta meals too. I wonder if I can lose more weight by the weekend when my parents come. I am a lardycake. A v well dressed lardycake however.
    • VintageHistorian
    • By VintageHistorian 16th Jul 17, 5:18 PM
    • 208 Posts
    • 1,358 Thanks
    VintageHistorian
    Well done on the overpayment SW! And congratulations on the weight loss too! Exercising and losing weight slowly will be better for you and your body in the long run!
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Make £3 a Day in September2017 - £15.90/£90 (2017 total - £164.27) | Womble #03 - £4.32 | Overpayments in 2017 - £749.69
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 17th Jul 17, 8:11 AM
    • 12,776 Posts
    • 46,332 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    hello I know it is good to do it slowly but I am mortified at how big I have become and wish it would just go. lol. !!

I am hoping to burn a few calories with a walk today. I am also going to try to eat a lot of fruit too.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 17th Jul 17, 2:15 PM
    • 12,776 Posts
    • 46,332 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    It is really hot. I am trying to do some work but struggling with the heat. It will be 27 degrees tomorrow
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 17th Jul 17, 2:38 PM
    • 2,861 Posts
    • 18,076 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Don't forget fruit has a lot of sugar too. Chilled carrot sticks and cucumber battons & celery are good if you like them and filling with less sugar.
    Aims for 2017 -
    1. save as much as possible. spend as little as possible but still have a social life !
    2. no takeaways !
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 17th Jul 17, 4:16 PM
    • 12,776 Posts
    • 46,332 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I have been eating an awful lot of fruit and did a £10 top up shop of fruit and a few veg today. I should cut back! I wish i'd bought cucumbers or celery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't done any exercise yet but when I walked to and from the supermarket this morning I did feel thinner and fitter.

I have done some work prep and am now going to chill and consider exercise. The boys have invited me to holiday with them in Poole this week. I said I would pop up on Friday and Saturday so I could get some work done. I have nearly been on holiday for 2 weeks. Yikes.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 17th Jul 17, 5:33 PM
    • 2,861 Posts
    • 18,076 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Oh lucky you, I've been to Poole and think its lovely. Wow I cant believe the first 2 weeks of your holiday have flown by already !
    Aims for 2017 -
    2. no takeaways !
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 17th Jul 17, 8:36 PM
    • 12,776 Posts
    • 46,332 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I have done one long piece of work working for a few hours every day but not at the weekends. I have so much to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a one hour walk today and also jogged for 30mins on trampoline. Tomorrow I will step it up a notch as nothing hurts...... Yet.

Just found out that one of my friends is meeting me at a beach I haven't been to in a while. We are going to meet after breakfast then walk for miles. Am getting fit hurrah !!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 17-07-2017 at 9:35 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 18th Jul 17, 6:32 AM
    • 12,776 Posts
    • 46,332 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I was supposed to be going for a walk but my friend didn't sleep last night due to the heat so it's been cancelled. Once I killed the spider on my open window I slept like a log!

At 4pm today I will have been on holiday for 2 weeks. So far I have lost 1kg, although i have only been jogging for two days? and cross dressing for 2 weeks i feel happier, healthier and look better. Still a long way to go. I want to lose 10kg in total. I have pretty much cut out processed food - but is Weetabix processed? - I am not giving that up as it is addictive with dried fruit.

I applied for a DBS check today for this hosting students malarkey. A bit weird as I already have one for my main job. I must also take my passport in on Monday to confirm I am not an alien. So excited as it means I will soon be able to take in students and make some extra.

Exercise done today - 10 mins on crossdresser; mowed grass (that's twice this week as it is growing so fast and looks messy);
    Ive eaten healthily but no one exercises at 27 degrees least of all me so I hardly did any exercise today

I am still waiting for the predicted thunder and lightening, it's rained in Poole briefly where the boys are on holiday but not a jot here. I did some work though.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 18-07-2017 at 8:04 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 19th Jul 17, 1:13 AM
    • 12,776 Posts
    • 46,332 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Am dead excited as it's thunder lightening and pouring rain. I feel like one of the witches in Macbeth.

I thought today was going to be rubbish as it is overcast outside. But I got an email from one of my accounts and they are going to give me £4 as a reward payment for my current account. Kerrching. Every bit helps.

I worked my socks off this afternoon I was just opening the outside bin and saw an invasion of maggots. OMG. I have sprayed loads of flykiller on them. They are all gone. I am disgusted. Yuk.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 19-07-2017 at 4:27 PM.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 19th Jul 17, 4:56 PM
    • 2,861 Posts
    • 18,076 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Blimey SW you were up late / early lol. Heck of a storm though but I was too tired and sore and took a tramadol so I didn't get up to watch it

I get maggots in my outside bin too. They are horrible but I don't think you can avoid them in the summer unless you have a lid that seals up properly to stop the flies getting in.
    Aims for 2017 -
    2. no takeaways !
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 19th Jul 17, 5:04 PM
    • 12,776 Posts
    • 46,332 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    hello my lovely, I have just posted my red coat on G+mtree so excited. First time ever.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 19th Jul 17, 5:29 PM
    • 2,861 Posts
    • 18,076 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    yay exciting, hope it sells soon !
    Aims for 2017 -
    2. no takeaways !
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 19th Jul 17, 6:44 PM
    • 12,776 Posts
    • 46,332 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I am going to stay with the boys on holiday in Poole on Friday they've been asking me for days but I was half way through some work I am going to be done by Friday. It's so kind of them to invite me. It's completely free.

I keep seeing all of these articles about people travelling abroad and feel a bit poor. If it wasn't for my friends I wouldn't have gone anywhere this summer. Where did I go wrong?
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 19-07-2017 at 7:07 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 20th Jul 17, 1:24 PM
    • 12,776 Posts
    • 46,332 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    It was v rainy this morning and I logged on to a site where people feel miserable about the job we all share. I have had to take a step back as it was sooo negative to agree with all of it. I think most people in their forties feel like this and we can work round it. We live in the UK, we have gorgeous houses and gardens, we can wonder around freely, the seaside is round the corner, we have tv and the internet and we have friends and family. There is so much to be grateful for. So what if I am having a massive pay cut I still have a job and I have my health back. Even though I am working through my holiday (2 hours a day) am going to do my best to have fun and look for opportunities to make money and enjoy myself.

Ok then I cleaned my bin - all the maggots had already pegged it and I water jetted it with gusto and two bottles of bleach - as you can never be too sure. Bingate is over.

Today I am going to do some washing, cleaning, work and get ready for my visit to Poole. I haven't done exercise for two days but the boys said I can walk like crazy there.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 20-07-2017 at 1:27 PM.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 20th Jul 17, 2:30 PM
    • 2,861 Posts
    • 18,076 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    I am glad you are feeling more positive today SW. Our priorities change and we concentrate on ourselves and our homes rather than a holiday abroad. I'd rather go without a holiday if it means getting into debt. We can still have lovely holidays in the UK with friends and family. Enjoy your weekend in Poole you deserve a nice break x
    Aims for 2017 -
    2. no takeaways !
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

290Posts Today

2,506Users online

Martin's Twitter