Cost for brake fluid change for a 1.0 VVTI Yaris?

Options
I have been quoted £60 plus VAT for a much needed brake fluid change for my Yaris. I normally pay this much for larger cars with brakes on all four corners.

Correct me if I'm wrong but as the Yaris only has brakes up at the front, and not the rear, doesn't that mean that the time to bleed and refill the brake fluid should be half the time compared to a car with brakes on all four corners?

Or am I wrong and even on the Yaris 1.0 vvti it has brake fluid bleed valves on all four sides?

Therefore should I be quoted half the price, aka £30 plus VAT?

Comments

• tykesi
    tykesi Posts: 2,061 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Brakes only on the front wheels?

Are you for real?
  • jaydeeuk1
    jaydeeuk1 Posts: 7,714 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    !!!!!!.
  • BeenThroughItAll
    Options
    I have been quoted £60 plus VAT for a much needed brake fluid change for my Yaris. I normally pay this much for larger cars with brakes on all four corners.

Correct me if I'm wrong but as the Yaris only has brakes up at the front, and not the rear, doesn't that mean that the time to bleed and refill the brake fluid should be half the time compared to a car with brakes on all four corners?

Or am I wrong and even on the Yaris 1.0 vvti it has brake fluid bleed valves on all four sides?

Therefore should I be quoted half the price, aka £30 plus VAT?

SRSLY? OMG LOL !!!!!!.

No, really, are you actually having a laugh?

Are you?

Half the price because a Yaris has half the brakes? Really. Are you taking the wee-wee?

That has to take the cake for your funniest post ever. You've ACTUALLY tried giving people advice on what cars to buy, then you come on here saying your Yaris only has brakes on the front?

Words fail me.
  • darkmatter101
    Options
    tykesi wrote: »
    Brakes only on the front wheels?

Are you for real?

Yes, thats correct, there is no brake discs/calipers or pads at the rears. Only for the fronts. This is normal for smaller cars
  • BeenThroughItAll
    Options
    Yes, thats correct, there is no brake discs/calipers or pads at the rears. Only for the fronts. This is normal for smaller cars

!!!! me. You actually believe that.

Have you ANY idea what you're talking about, or have you finally confirmed to us all that you literally are completely clueless about vehicles.
  • tykesi
    tykesi Posts: 2,061 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

:T

Proof please!

Care to google brake drums/shoes?
  • Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    Options
    April 1st is a bit way off yet. :rotfl:
  • darkmatter101
    Options
    Look everyone that was obviously a joke.

Anyway how much should a good price be for brake fluid change? around £45 including VAT?
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Anyway how much should a good price be for brake fluid change? around £45 including VAT?

Last time I paid to have it done... around £60.

DIY... less than a fiver.
  • BeenThroughItAll
    Options

Obviously. Just like the Lexus was 'delivered'. It was written so obviously in jest.

Anyway, I thought you had an A3 now? Or is that another 'joke'?

ETA: I've just screen-captured this page, just so I can go back in the future if I need a laugh.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure