Tmobile price increase

Options

Comments

• RandomCurve
    RandomCurve Posts: 1,637 Forumite
    edited 18 April 2013 at 6:14PM
    Options
    DamePeggy wrote: »
    Have you got a copy of your Ts&Cs? Not just the ones on their site?

Did T-Mobile tell you that they'd changed the Ts&Cs? They didn't tell us Orange customers about the changes they'd made. Check out the cancellation terms in your original Ts&Cs and see what grounds they have to allow you to cancel if they are changed. I'd be interested to know if they've added a slippery 'material detriment' clause rather than the (much easier to prove) 'detriment' one I signed up to.

See my post number 140 in this forum re T&Cs.

I also have a dispute with Orange re the change in the T&Cs, but I don't think it applies to T-Mobile as the original contract gave them the right to change T&Cs without telling us (How on earth can that be legal?), but the changes they have made actually makes it easier to claim a Breach!!!

Also as Powerful-Rogue says there are two sets rather than changed T&Cs
  • powerful_Rogue
    powerful_Rogue Posts: 7,524 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Post 2

I called 01707-315000and asked to speak to Mr Swantee – I was put through to the Executive office:

ME: “Hello do you have the authority to cancel a contract without penalty to me”
    LADY: “Yes in certain Circumstances”
    ME “Good because I’m tired of going round in circles.. ..I then explained the Breach and mentioned that I was not happy that they have a cancellation number in their contract, but nobody there has authority to transact the contractual obligations!...,SO given the circumstance will you cancel the contract as requested?”
    LADY: “I’m not sure I’ll have to check I know there is an investiga…..Er,can I call you back?”
    ME: “Would that be today”
    LADY: “Yes or tomorrow at the latest”
    ME “Okay goodbye”

She called me back within 5 minutes (at last a plus pointfor T-Mobile).

LADY “Unfortunatelywe are unable to take questions on this at the moment as our legal team is lookinginto the price rise letter and the T&Cs
    ME “ According to the T&C’s you are supposed to cancelimmediately – I expect the cancellation will be backdated to when I first contacted you, and I will need a PAC code and an unlock code – can you confirm that this will happen?”
    LADY: “I can note it on the account”
    ME “When will T-Mobile have finished its review”
    LADY: “I don’t know”
    ME “Okay I’ll call you back next week if I have not heard anything”

So they are clearly rattled! I suggest you all call the 01707-315000 number.

What has to happen before the media or the regulators stop sitting on their hands and DO SOMETHING?? I’ve contacted journalists at both the Guardian, and the Metro as they had articles about how customers were being hit with price hikes. But they have not responded even though I have shown them how this is in Breach. Do you think they might take up the story if enough of us email them? I have the email addresses (am I allowed to post them?)

Very interesting! Ive posted a link to your post to two other forums that have threads on this.

http://forum.whatmobile.net/showthread.php?t=50204
    http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387488-T-Mobile-price-increase-_Cancel-contract%286-Viewing%29-nbsp
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Post 2

I called 01707-315000and asked to speak to Mr Swantee – I was put through to the Executive office:

ME: “Hello do you have the authority to cancel a contract without penalty to me”
    LADY: “Yes in certain Circumstances”
    ME “Good because I’m tired of going round in circles.. ..I then explained the Breach and mentioned that I was not happy that they have a cancellation number in their contract, but nobody there has authority to transact the contractual obligations!...,SO given the circumstance will you cancel the contract as requested?”
    LADY: “I’m not sure I’ll have to check I know there is an investiga…..Er,can I call you back?”
    ME: “Would that be today”
    LADY: “Yes or tomorrow at the latest”
    ME “Okay goodbye”

She called me back within 5 minutes (at last a plus pointfor T-Mobile).

LADY “Unfortunatelywe are unable to take questions on this at the moment as our legal team is lookinginto the price rise letter and the T&Cs
    ME “ According to the T&C’s you are supposed to cancelimmediately – I expect the cancellation will be backdated to when I first contacted you, and I will need a PAC code and an unlock code – can you confirm that this will happen?”
    LADY: “I can note it on the account”
    ME “When will T-Mobile have finished its review”
    LADY: “I don’t know”
    ME “Okay I’ll call you back next week if I have not heard anything”

So they are clearly rattled! I suggest you all call the 01707-315000 number.

What has to happen before the media or the regulators stop sitting on their hands and DO SOMETHING?? I’ve contacted journalists at both the Guardian, and the Metro as they had articles about how customers were being hit with price hikes. But they have not responded even though I have shown them how this is in Breach. Do you think they might take up the story if enough of us email them? I have the email addresses (am I allowed to post them?)

What was the ladies name ?
  • adamoneill88
    Options
    Random curve - that's interesting. I was told over an hour ago that I would be contacted by a manager after requesting my letter of deadlock...surprise surprise still no call! I contacted CICAS earlier and they have sent out a pack to me in the post. I need to fill this is and send it back together with my letter of deadlock (if tmobile agree to give me). If they don't agree to give me a letter of deadlock then I have to wait 8 weeks before I can raise the complaint with CISAS. For anybody not aware, CISAS is the relevant ombudsman that can step in to resolve the dispute.

Adam
  • adamoneill88
    Options
    Your making this very complicated when it dosent need to be!

Powerful_rogue - I'm just trying to cover all angles. If their legal team can find anyway to wriggle their way out of this they surely will!
  • RandomCurve
    Options
    21Twinkle wrote: »
    What was the ladies name ?

I'd rather not say as she is the only helpful (and human) person I've spoken to at T-Mobile. Give the number quoted a call and see how you get on.
  • RandomCurve
    Options
    Random curve - that's interesting. I was told over an hour ago that I would be contacted by a manager after requesting my letter of deadlock...surprise surprise still no call! I contacted CICAS earlier and they have sent out a pack to me in the post. I need to fill this is and send it back together with my letter of deadlock (if tmobile agree to give me). If they don't agree to give me a letter of deadlock then I have to wait 8 weeks before I can raise the complaint with CISAS. For anybody not aware, CISAS is the relevant ombudsman that can step in to resolve the dispute.

Adam

As long as you can prove you have asked for cancellation for Breach I would just hang fire until T-Mobile complete their deliberations - with of course the occasional call and letter if necessary.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Adam

CISAS have confirmed to me that you don't need the letter of deadlock or to wait 8 weeks, if T-Mobile have advised that they refuse to communicate any further with regard to the breach of the T&Cs that is in itself an admission of deadlock.

T-Mobile said the following in an email:
    As an Executive Assistant I am empowered to respond on behalf of the board of directors the Executive Office is the highest point of escalation. You have now exhausted our escalation procedure therefore you would need to seek independent advice regarding the price increase.
    As I have fully explained my position I will not be communicating further with you regarding this issue.

CISAS said the following in response to me asking about deadlock and forwarding the above email:
    As the company has already indicated to you that they will not be corresponding further with you, you are entitled to use the scheme.
    ====
  • DamePeggy
    DamePeggy Posts: 114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    T-mobile havent changed the terms and conditions. They have two sets running. One set for customers that joined before 30th October 2012 and one set for customers that joined after.

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/terms-and-conditions/terms/

Sorry, I didn't want to confuse the thread - it looks like you've got plenty of grounds to cancel on the wordings currently up on Tmobile's website.

However, I just wanted to point out that just because they are on the site, does not mean that they are necessarily the ones that people would have signed up to before the end of October 2012. Orange have the same pre-and post- October split, but they changed the pre-October wordings without telling anyone - which I believe is grounds alone for customers to cancel without charge. The fact that Tmobile's pre-Oct 2012 Ts&Cs were (like Orange's) produced in 2013 made me a bit suspicious that they were pulling the same trick - if the Ts&Cs hadn't changed, then why not just link to the old document?

So if they've also made changes without telling you, you may have grounds to cancel if they manage to weasel out of your current complaint. It could be that if there was a previous wording that you may have even stronger grounds - best of luck either way.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 April 2013 at 9:22PM
    Options
    I am a pre Oct customer, I saved the T&Cs as a PDF some time ago (late last year as i recall, from the T-Mobile site) and page one says
    The legal terms You need to know about Your pay monthly telephone service. Version 58A dated November 2010.
    ====
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport