Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Essential Money > Budgeting & Bank Accounts > Halifax and Lloyds fast payments (FB) service on ... (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Halifax and Lloyds fast payments (FB) service on the blink
Views: 12,081
# 1
trinidadone
Old 21-01-2013, 8:22 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Cool Halifax and Lloyds fast payments (FB) service on the blink

Hello All,

I thought I would let everyone know the faster payment service by Halifax bank is on the blink, only allowing next day payment.

I tried to make a payment from my halifax bank account to my santander bank account and a statement was displayed informing me of next day payment only.

Contacted Halifax banking and was advised they are aware of this problem. The problem has been ongoing since 11pm last nite. Customer Service have no idea how long this will go on for, and I have been advised to log onto my account later this morning.

UPDATE
FB seems to be back up and running now. I sent a FP from my Halifax bank account to my sandander account. It left the account promptly and within minutes arrived at Santander. What a stressful day, but i hope we are back to normal now for good.
thankyou to everyone who contributed, and well done to those who manage to get some compensation from Halifax or Lloyds
Trinidad - The hottest place to go

Last edited by trinidadone; 21-01-2013 at 9:48 PM.
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trinidadone For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
RustyShackleford
Old 21-01-2013, 9:05 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Perhaps it's the whole Faster Payment system? I'm having the same problem with Nationwide, except it doesn't make a slower payment, just re-credits my account.
# 3
trinidadone
Old 21-01-2013, 9:09 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford View Post
Perhaps it's the whole Faster Payment system? I'm having the same problem with Nationwide, except it doesn't make a slower payment, just re-credits my account.
well I used a faster payment from my M&S savings account to santander, no problem, but looks like more than one bank affected then, if nationwide is affected.
# 4
edward123
Old 21-01-2013, 9:09 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Attempted to transfer from First Direct to LTSB but won't go FP. Neither from LSTB to Santander FP but next day process. Transfer between Halifax and LTSB fine. Think I will wait til later today and try again.
Got a ticket from Parking Eye? Seek advice on Private Parking forum on MoneySavingExpert.
The Following User Says Thank You to edward123 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
SnowTiger
Old 21-01-2013, 9:23 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

A regular automated Faster Payment from my Santander account to a Lloyds account has been returned.

Code:
21/01/2013	 RETURN FASTER PAYMENTS CREDIT FROM...
21/01/2013	 STANDING ORDER VIA FASTER PAYMENT TO...
The Following User Says Thank You to SnowTiger For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
trinidadone
Old 21-01-2013, 9:24 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by edward123 View Post
Attempted to transfer from First Direct to LTSB but won't go FP. Neither from LSTB to Santander FP but next day process. Transfer between Halifax and LTSB fine. Think I will wait til later today and try again.
hey Edward, so i assume you was able to make a FP from Halifax and LSTB????

I keep getting the following message from Halifax:

"Unfortunately your payment won't go through immediately as a Faster Payment. Please only continue if you're happy for this payment to be processed the next working day".
The Following User Says Thank You to trinidadone For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
pmduk
Old 21-01-2013, 9:28 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

There seems to be several of these involving LBG companies, Perhaps that's where the fault lies?
The Following User Says Thank You to pmduk For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
edward123
Old 21-01-2013, 9:30 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinidadone View Post
hey Edward, so i assume you was able to make a FP from Halifax and LSTB????

I keep getting the following message from Halifax:

"Unfortunately your payment won't go through immediately as a Faster Payment. Please only continue if you're happy for this payment to be processed the next working day".
I have a SO from LTSB to Halifax which went through last night sometime. And when transferring same amount back to LTSB this morning no problems. With me then the problem seems to be with LTSB <----> different banking institutions.
Got a ticket from Parking Eye? Seek advice on Private Parking forum on MoneySavingExpert.
# 9
edward123
Old 21-01-2013, 9:31 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmduk View Post
There seems to be several of these involving LBG companies, Perhaps that's where the fault lies?
Who are they?

Edit....silly me...Lloyds Banking Group of course!
# 10
YorkshireBoy
Old 21-01-2013, 9:36 AM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by edward123 View Post
I have a SO from LTSB to Halifax which went through last night sometime. And when transferring same amount back to LTSB this morning no problems.
Transfers between LTSB & Halifax do not use the FP system. If you check online you'll see they're tagged "TFR", not "FPI"/"FPO".
The Following User Says Thank You to YorkshireBoy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 11
edward123
Old 21-01-2013, 9:38 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkshireBoy View Post
Transfers between LTSB & Halifax do not use the FP system. If you check online you'll see they're tagged "TFR", not "FPI"/"FPO".
You're right. Though I didn't claim that Halifax ---> LTSB was FP but a "transfer."
# 12
zennith
Old 21-01-2013, 10:13 AM

Hi, i've been having problems since 2.30am.....

I sent half of my money from The Co Op Bank to The Halifax Bank via faster payments.
My money has still not arrived at The Halifax, but it has left my Co Op account.

I have now phoned both banks twice, and each time i have been told it's the other bank that is having problems!

Now i know it's Halifax Banks fault - and The Co Op were right!
# 13
innovate
Old 21-01-2013, 10:18 AM
PPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinidadone View Post
I tried to make a payment from my halifax bank account to my santander bank account and a statement was displayed informing me of next day payment only.
The legally required turnaround is by end of next business day.
# 14
zzzLazyDaisy
Old 21-01-2013, 10:25 AM

Halifax and LTSB are on the same banking system, and transfers between the two are pretty instantaneous. So even if there was a problem with FP generally, payments between these two banks would not be affected.
I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.

Letter Before Claim from a parking company? DO NOT IGNORE - THE NEXT STEP IS COURT ACTION. See my thread (page 1 of the parking forum) and FIGHT BACK!
# 15
sankeylindsey1977
Old 21-01-2013, 10:53 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Hope this is sorted out soon!! I've had money transfered into my halifax account from paypal and barclays and none of it is showing in the halifax even though it's left the other accounts!!
# 16
twinkUK
Old 21-01-2013, 10:59 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Hmm I tried making a Faster Payments transfer from my Santander business account first thing this morning to my Lloyds personal current account. It's normally pretty much instant but hasn't arrived there yet. It's showing as having left Santander and I haven't had any kind of error message from them so I'm guessing the problem is somewhere in LTSB Group. Brilliant - that's my mortgage not getting paid today then. Which ironically is C&G, also part of LTSB!
Top Wins - £1,900 ITV Real Deal, titanium bike frame, signed guitar, 7 night eco break, Visual Sound Double Trouble distortion pedal, 100 iTunes credits, Blu-ray player, XTZ Speakers, TV/blu-ray player/speakers/PS3, FL Studio software, signed Twin Atlantic t-shirt, tix to Marc Almond, Bon Jovi, Charlatans & backstage with Peter Hook & Howard Marks
# 17
lionmike
Old 21-01-2013, 11:04 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Seems a bit more than a Faster Payment problem. We sent pay to staff by BACS to arrive today and all staff who bank with Lloyds & Halifax had their pay returned to our bank and not credited. Those who bank elsewhere had no problems.
The Following User Says Thank You to lionmike For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 18
sankeylindsey1977
Old 21-01-2013, 11:06 AM
MoneySaving Convert

I just spoke to a lady at the Halifax who said it should be fixed by later this afternoon and all faster payments will go through as soon as it is back up and running.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sankeylindsey1977 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 19
NannyMcPhee
Old 21-01-2013, 11:08 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankeylindsey1977 View Post
I just spoke to a lady at the Halifax who said it should be fixed by later this afternoon and all faster payments will go through as soon as it is back up and running.

Good to know
The Following User Says Thank You to NannyMcPhee For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 20
michaels
Old 21-01-2013, 11:12 AM

Would be great if the OP could update the title to include Lloyds as well.

Also this sounds like it could be as big as the RBS debacle - hopefully one of the MSE team could start working on it. I don't want to go through the halle of being charged by LTSB/others because paymetns don't happen because I am unable to redeposit my funds that have been stozed elsewhere for the weekend.
Sent from my ...electronic gadget which I am sad enough to think gives me status even though in fact it just shows that I am easily ripped off and a bit inadequate...