IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Charge Notice at John Lennon Airport

Options

Comments

• kritou
    kritou Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    ManxRed wrote: »
    .......... Talk about over-reactions and reading something into things that simply aren't there. .......

Thats strange, I thought I was the one under suspicion of being a possible PPC agent ..........
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    Options
    No. I was merely explaining to you why we might sometimes get suspicious with people who come on here and attempt to contact newbies offline.

No one's accused you of anything.

You're over-reacting.
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • Dave1111
    Options
    Hi There

I received a Parking Charge Notice this morning following waiting outside a car hire place near John Lennon Airport. I wasn’t park on any lines of any colour. The apparent reason for the contravention is “Stopping on a roadway where stopping is prohibited. The letters says that there were signs up which entering the “site” I agreed to. I didn’t see any signs.

Any advice on what to do please?
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    Yes ignore them, its that simple providing you are the RK of the vehicle.
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • little_miss_spender
    Options
    Hi there
    I am also getting letters from the same company regarding parking at john lennon airport in exactly the same situation.I received a ticket in the post.
    We have received a letter today and somewhere on this thread it mentions if they mention the freedom of information. Well they don't but this is what they do say which I feel is important to note!

They put in their letter the paragraph below:-
    "We are fully aware of anecdotal information being presented via the internet and on various websites and you may well feel this guidance is worth following. We strongly urge you to seek independant legal advice rather than rely on those opinions")

Couldn't believe what I was reading fancy telling people not to take advice from the internet wonder why that is lol!!!

Further down the letter they state the following

Under the terms and conditions associated with this PARKING CHARGE NOTICE it is important to note that the driver who enters into a contract with "CLIENT" for the parking of a vehicle at this car park, whether by purchasing a ticket or otherwise is responsible for the resolution of this breach.

They are totally unbelievable this lot (Roxburghe debt collectors on behalf of vehicle control services)

Fine now gone up to £142.00

not paying it its a joke and a scam all they have is a reg number and i am the owner but not the driver so i didnt enter a contract with anyone and therefore it is not my responsibility as they state in their letter they would have to prove i was driving and i was not aware that my car had been taken to the airport and havent a clue who had. so ignore i will and they can take me to court should they wish to do so.

LMS x
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    Options
    not paying it its a joke and a scam all they have is a reg number and i am the owner but not the driver so i didnt enter a contract with anyone and therefore it is not my responsibility as they state in their letter they would have to prove i was driving and i was not aware that my car had been taken to the airport and havent a clue who had. so ignore i will and they can take me to court should they wish to do so.
    While I applaud your recognition that the whole thing is a scam and a complete joke, that last paragraph isn't quite correct (although debatable - read on).

Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 does make you, the registered keeper, liable for parking charges if you do not tell them who the driver was. So, you can't go to court and say "I was not the driver, tough" any more.

But now, the debatable bit:
    1) POFA has yet to be tested against centuries of contract law, where a third party (you) cannot be held to a contract between two other parties (the driver and the parking company).
    2) There was probably no contract anyway. The normal claim is that there was adequte signage, so a reasonable person would see the signs, read them and agree to the terms by parking in the car park. I have yet to see any such signage on the entry to these airports which could possibly be seen, read, understood and agreed to while driving past at 30mph.
    3) I would contest that POFA doesn't apply anyway. However they dress it up, it is NOT a parking charge, as you didn't park (presumably just stopped to drop off/pick up passengers). They are attempting to dress up their interpretation of what would be a traffic violation, were it on a public road, as a parking charge. It is nothing of the sort, so therefore no POFA; you can go down the "I wasn't the driver" route after all, and claim that POFA does not apply.

Not that it'll ever get that far anyway.
  • Dave_TH
    Dave_TH Posts: 183 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there
    I am also getting letters from the same company regarding parking at john lennon airport in exactly the same situation.I received a ticket in the post.
    We have received a letter today and somewhere on this thread it mentions if they mention the freedom of information. Well they don't but this is what they do say which I feel is important to note!

They put in their letter the paragraph below:-
    "We are fully aware of anecdotal information being presented via the internet and on various websites and you may well feel this guidance is worth following. We strongly urge you to seek independant legal advice rather than rely on those opinions")

Couldn't believe what I was reading fancy telling people not to take advice from the internet wonder why that is lol!!!

Further down the letter they state the following

Under the terms and conditions associated with this PARKING CHARGE NOTICE it is important to note that the driver who enters into a contract with "CLIENT" for the parking of a vehicle at this car park, whether by purchasing a ticket or otherwise is responsible for the resolution of this breach.

They are totally unbelievable this lot (Roxburghe debt collectors on behalf of vehicle control services)

Fine now gone up to £142.00

LMS x

In reality what right minded company would worry about internet forums, if the claim was 100% legit they would have issued court papers already, they bluff and bluster in the hope you will fold and pay, why else up the anti by increasing the so called "fine" we all know its an unenforceable invoice
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    "We are fully aware of anecdotal information being presented via the internet''

Try Googling that phrase, so many people type it out thinking it's a unique letter! You will find dozens of posts like yours!

And it's not a fine. Ignore it and tick off the letters against the preview pics:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2329119

If you don't see that letter under 'your' parking firm you will see it under another one. It's there. Seen it mentioned & ignored loads of times.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • quirkovski
    Options
    Smiliar case to the OP, have followed advise and ignoring letters had four so far, with this the latest.......

EDIT - cant seem to post links on this site, its a letter from Grame White of 'Notice Of Intended Legal Action' explaining potential court costs that could be £207.25p.

To far into it to stop ignoring them, had two phone calls off them too, first one to my mobile wanting me to confirm my address, which i refused as i said i had never heard of the company before and would like to know what the call was regarding. They got ratty and hung up on me.

They then phone my house which is ex-directory, i was out but they left a message for me to contact them immediately. Which i have not. Then the letter above arrived this morning.

Hopefully i am nearing the end of this chain of letters????
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Graham White always charge £207.25 , take a look at the google search below

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&tbo=d&site=&source=hp&q=graham+white+%C2%A3207.25&oq=graham+white+%C2%A3207.25&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.3...2028.13026.0.13569.21.16.0.5.5.0.237.1856.7j7j2.16.0.les%3B..0.0...1ac.1.2.mobile-gws-hp.8OeNJ7KgK70

And yes you are close to the end, I think it's one more letter offering a discount and end of scam for you. By the way roxburghe and graham white are exactly the same company
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport