A day from the diary of a BMW driver...

Options
worried_jim
worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post

"The other day I was cruising along as usual coming onto one of my motorways, which was very busy with inferior cars.

First off, I couldn't believe that the volume of traffic DIDN'T slow down for me AT ALL as I came off the slip road! I had to squeeze into a barely big enough gap between two cars in order to get onto my motorway!

The driver of the car behind me did realise his mistake though and honked an apology to me with a long blast of his horn.

Unbelievably, I had to do the same again before I could get to the BMW lane. Anyway, once I was in the BMW lane and posing along at 110 mph enjoying the adulation that the inferior car drivers were giving me, I noticed an inferior car ahead of me which was not only in the BMW lane of my motorway, but was driving at a ridiculous 70 mph! Naturally, I got within a foot or so of his rear bumper and flashed my headlights to remind him he shouldn't be in the BMW lane of my motorway and to get out of my way.

Of course, once he realised it was a BMW behind him, he did just that, but I could hardly believe it when he pulled straight back out behind me! He also tried to keep up with me and when he realised I would out-run him, he put on some blue lights in his front grill and urged me to get onto the hard shoulder so that he could congratulate me on my excellent car. Needless to say, I was eager to oblige and when we had stopped, the man gave me a piece of paper confirming what I already knew - that my car goes fast!

Apparently he wants everyone to know what a superior car I have, so I had to take my drivers licence to a police station to be sent away to have some points put on! (They're not free points either - they're £20 each and I was only allowed 3.) But the man at the police station said that because I drive a BMW, it won't be much longer before I earn the full 12 points, and then I won't even NEED a driving licence, so they will take it off me!

See, now THAT'S the sort of respect you get when you own and drive a BMW!

Comments

• James_N
    James_N Posts: 1,090 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    See, now THAT'S the sort of respect you get when you own and drive a BMW!

Although you have it spot on re many BMW drivers. Surprisingly, drivers of REAL quality / rare motors often don't behave like this, even though their vehicle out-performs everything around it.
    Under no circumstances may any part of my postings be used, quoted, repeated, transferred or published by any third party in ANY medium outside of this website without express written permission. Thank you.
  • BugsyBrowne
    BugsyBrowne Posts: 5,697 Forumite
    Options
    Depends what BMW you drive as you won't get any respect from me if your flashing me with 4pot under the hood.
  • colino
    colino Posts: 5,059 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    jim, too long a read for me to bother, but does it paraphrase into, "wish I could afford a decent car"?
  • harveybobbles
    harveybobbles Posts: 8,973 Forumite
    Options
    Depends what BMW you drive as you won't get any respect from me if your flashing me with 4pot under the hood.

Makes me laugh when people debadge them so you cant tell what engine is in it. Until you see one pathetic tail pipe and then you know its a 4 pot lol.

I'd personally debade a higher end model so people thought it was a povvo model.

Brilliant story OP.

I've just emailed it to some of my BMW frineds hehe.
  • colino
    colino Posts: 5,059 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Funny how the 6 cylinders have only one tailpipe too though eh?
  • BugsyBrowne
    Options
    colino wrote: »
    Funny how the 6 cylinders have only one tailpipe too though eh?

I am talking the 3 series & 5 series with the one tailpipe with the 5 series hurtling past you with the big 19" 172 spyder alloys only to notice the oval tailpipe on the back.
  • scotsbob
    scotsbob Posts: 4,632 Forumite
    Options
    "The other day I was cruising along as usual coming onto one of my motorways, which was very busy with inferior cars.

First off, I couldn't believe that the volume of traffic DIDN'T slow down for me AT ALL as I came off the slip road! I had to squeeze into a barely big enough gap between two cars in order to get onto my motorway!

When you came onto the motorway there was a broken white line, you only cross that if your way ahead is clear.

The Highway code clearly states that you must give priority to traffic already on the motorway.

Other traffic does not need to slow down or give way to you.
  • BugsyBrowne
    Options
    Is worried Jim going to come clean on what BMW model he has?
  • wannabehermit
    Options
    No longer applicable to BMW drivers, remove the BM and replace with a V. You know if there's a car on the road being driven like a to$$er it's got golf or passat written on the back.
    Clean credit file:12 mths
    Car loan: FREE! :j
    THE PLAN: 1.Pay off debt £8808.42(£3254.45, £1570.32, £2698.33, £0:dance:, £1000, £285.32) 2.Save monthly for Christmas/insurance etc £150 per month 3.Save for emergencies /£1500 4.Save for our B&B £????depends which one takes our fancy :D
  • interstellaflyer
    Options
    James_N wrote: »
    Although you have it spot on re many BMW drivers. Surprisingly, drivers of REAL quality / rare motors often don't behave like this, even though their vehicle out-performs everything around it.

My experience is that it's generally the salesmen in their 318 and 320d rep mobiles that behave like this, mind you the old joke that the difference between a Hedgehog and a BMW is the the BMW has the pricks on the inside tends to apply to a large number of BMW drivers.
    I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure