My Hermes delivered to porch ??

Options
Thought this might be best in the Ebay board :)

Had a card dropped through the door from My Hermes today, trouble is it was not filled in at all :cool:

The only thing i am waiting for is John Lewis, gave them a call and the item was posted via My Hermes and they checked the tracking and it says "Delivered to Porch"

JL said they will ring back tomorrow with an update, Anyone know what that means as i don't have a porch :o

Comments

• Obviously_the_best
    Options
    It could mean a bin nearby to your porch, as often if there isn't a place listed on the HHT that matches where it was left their courier often just select porch or letterbox.
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    Had a look and there is nothing on my drive or behind the bins, unless someone has robbed it , like i say we don't have a porch :(
  • hm71_2
    hm71_2 Posts: 1,980 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i had this the other day- i had a card stating 'behind bins' unfortunately my fromnt garden is very small and completely visible from the road i have a very low wall & no gate. so when i went to get parcel nothing was there- mine was my girls prom shoes from debenhams & they were so helpful sent the item out again and recieved safe & sound. i know hermes drivers are paid a pittance & are on very tight schedules but i wish they would leave parcels with a neighbour :(
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

FEB challenge £128/£270 balance £142
    £2 saving club £140
  • Obviously_the_best
    Options
    They really are payed pittance, some are payed as little as 45p flat rate per parcel, they don't even get payed again if they have to make a return visit.
  • sarahb
    sarahb Posts: 314 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am shocked to hear how little they get paid ! My Hermes delivery man is very good and collects from / delivers to my porch by mutual agreement. I hate it when things get left with our neighbour as don't get on them and neither of us want to go round to collect from them.
  • polka3306
    polka3306 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    The Hermes delivery man round my way is so ignorant... opens the door and shouts parcel.. throws it on the stairs and disappears!.
    had a few cards saying item "left in porch" .. dont have a porch but its always been left with a neighbour.
    hope your parcel turns up.
  • trukdiver
    trukdiver Posts: 747 Forumite
    Options
    polka3306 wrote: »
    The Hermes delivery man round my way is so ignorant... opens the door and shouts parcel.. throws it on the stairs and disappears!.
    had a few cards saying item "left in porch" .. dont have a porch but its always been left with a neighbour.
    hope your parcel turns up.

The only time I ever had anything delivered by MyHermes, it was left in a bin bag next to the bin! There was no card and I only knew it had been delivered because the tracking on their website said "left in a safe place".
  • hellokittygal
    Options
    I had a parcel delivered by them from Next.
    They threw it over the gate to the back garden, which has a big sign sign saying "Warning : Dog"

It was no surprise that the dog ATE the parcel!
  • Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    Options
    I recently ordered from JL. After a week contacted them to find out where it was, Hermes had lost the parcel. From talking to JL CS it appears JL have only recently moved to Hermes but are regretting it already. Got a refund, the item is on offer until 27 April but has never been in stock since I ordered it. Next time I will either go to JL shop or their local distribution centre.
  • StaffsSW
    StaffsSW Posts: 5,788 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MyHermes are a perfect example of "you get what you pay for." Yes, they are cheap, and for good reason too. I've had the misfortune of using them twice and twice I've ended up with £20 worth of credits due to their appalling service. I've chosen to lose the remainder of credit than risk upsetting another customer. What use is the £32 or so if it just leads to more problems?

(and their CS agent trying to explain to me that my next deliveries would be free, really didn't understand when I explained that despite being free to send, it could end up costing me money through lost custom)

I'm genuinely surprised at John Lewis choosing them as a preferred courier agent, given that they themselves are a perfect example of why you should pay a little extra for quality service.
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport