PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

locations of scoop and saves

Options

Comments

• joey-lou
    joey-lou Posts: 160 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Queen.Bess wrote:
    I love the idea of these shops! Bury St Edmunds used to have one years ago, but that's long gone! Glad to hear there's one in Sunny Hunny, but was wondering if there was one in King's Lynn, or another NOrfolk town?
    As you are in suffolk there is one in Lowestoft at the bottom of the high street.
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    anyone know of any in london?

i used to go to one in Stretford, Manchester where I used to live and I didn't know these places existed any more! They are gems!

OH my god, i know which one you mean! I *think* there used to be one in lewisham but ive not seen it recently, maybe it was a figment of my imagination.

I dont know if anyone else has said this , but there *was* one opposite Stockport bus station, next to Superdrug and before the massive Chestergate tavern. Im sure it was still there @ Xmas.
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • angelavdavis
    angelavdavis Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    There is one in Horsham (not sure of road but its down from Pizza Express :confused: )and also one in Kings Road, Hastings.
    :D Thanks to MSE, I am mortgage free!:D
  • Chocmonster7
    Chocmonster7 Posts: 2,606 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There is sone of these types of shops in Darlington (it's in Bondgate) but these days I find that their prices are on par with places like Netto/Lidl/Aldi and you don't have to carry the stuff home from town!
  • more_money_for_me
    Options
    There is one in Barmouth and another in Bala. Although we find it works out cheaper buying bulk fruit and nuts trough the food coop we are members of.
  • natzini
    natzini Posts: 561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    There is one at the Open Market in Brighton, and one in the Guildbourne Centre in Worthing.

They aren't called 'Scoop and Save' but they operate in the same way.

Un sou est un sou
  • jcr16
    jcr16 Posts: 4,185 Forumite
    Options
    we have a similar type shop on isle of wight called easy weigh. it is fab. they also have a website and u can order online and have home delivery orders over £5 get free delivery otherwise it 50p. also u can go in there and buy everything in huge potato sack size bags if u wish and they diliver it. they so helpful if they don't have what u want they order it or try and find somewhere that does. i love it.

it fab for herbs and spices as most are 10p per 10g i think it is. so if trying a new recipe u can buy just what u need before buying loads of it.
  • spiddy100
    spiddy100 Posts: 582 Forumite
    Options
    rach wrote: »
    there is a weigh and save in the precinct in Boscombe, Bournemouth, but i think the new local food coop is even better

there is also one in North Road in Durham (or there was when i lived there)

Sorry to go O/T but what's the food coop Rach? I don't shop in Boscombe much but am planning a trip to go to Primark :D
    That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest. Henry David Thoreau
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We have one, but having looked at their prices I don't think it works out any cheaper at all, so don't bother with it.
  • alec_eiffel
    alec_eiffel Posts: 1,304 Forumite
    Options
    There's a food weighouse (I think it is) in Preston.

It's in the Guild Hall shopping centre thing near the bus station
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport