No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries in January 2012 Challenge!

Options
AND HERE WE GO AGAIN FOR ANOTHER YEAR! As usual this initial post has been shamelessly copied from the many previous months! A big THANK YOU to sarah*a for starting us off last month.

Welcome all newbies and regulars to this very friendly and chatty thread where we give lots of lovely tips on how to use up your stash and lots of support and encouragement if you need them.

Keep up the pampering and keep down the spending: let’s make the naughty step an empty and lonely place this month (rather than one so long that it can be seen from space)! Will this be the month when the "usual suspects" rein it in a bit? Let's see..... (but I doubt it!)

Remember - those products do nothing for you while they are locked in drawers, boxes and cupboards!

We are eternally grateful to Katie Clampet who set up this fab challenge in January 2010.

Here's her original challenge post:

"No buying any new toiletries, cosmetics, perfume etc... until I have used up ALL the ones I already have. I got a huge amount of (really nice) stuff for christmas but I am going to resist the urge to browse Boots, Asda, Superdrug etc, and pop another tub of cream, face scrub, shampoo or conditioner into my basket. I reckon the stuff I have will last me until possibly June. I have decided that the money I save I will put into my special holiday account.
Anyone else?"

Lots of us have taken part in the challenge over the past few months and are making great progress in reducing our stashes and unnecessary/excessive spending.

Regulars ignore this, but a quick resume is always helpful for newbies;

Why not add the challenge to your sig as a reminder?

We have a "Swaps Group" on Facebook when you can swap good condition items with other like-minded addicts. PM Sarah*a or xoxo or Trudji for more info on joining.

How about taking a bit of time to do a stock-take and see if there are any gaps in your stash that you might need to spend on this month? Some of us set a budget for the month for essential purchases or to help with withdrawal symptoms, others like to go cold-turkey!! Other ideas which some people find useful: Listing everything out so you can cross things off as used to increase the sense of achievement, and putting a sum of money in a pot each time you use up an item to save for something you really want, or simply to assist in making future essential purchases "cash neutral".

Remember the challenge is about making the most of your money, enjoying your products, finding which products really suit you best and are worth buying, giving yourself a well-deserved pampering and breaking the habit of buying for the sake of buying. In money-saving tradition, it should also be about making your products l-a-s-t as long as possible (although the temptation of using an unloved shower gel extravagently to finish it off is sometimes too much to bear!)

Brand new products (or opened perfume) sell well on ebay
Unsuitable products can be used for other jobs (shower gel/shampoo as handwash etc)

Some items can be returned to certain stores for exchange (for essential items or gifts!!) without a receipt

Unwanted items can be recycled as gifts or for gift hampers (saving the money you'd have spent on gifts)

Unsuitable items can be donated to charity as mentioned earlier.

It helps to avoid the places where temptation lurks for you; be it QVC, Boots, Bodyshop, the supermarket toiletries aisles, grabbit board, online toiletries browsing, seductive department store beauty counter offers etc. Remember retailers are making offers and promotions all the time, so there willl always be another deal!*

*Honest!

Good luck all for January and indeed the rest of the year, and remember to keep popping in for inspiration and support, and to report your UU's and IN's.

Especially any January sales bargains - we want a nosy and to keep your stash lists updated ;)

Welcome to all newbies - the more the merrier. Please introduce yourselves so we can welcome you properly!

Oh - and anyone thinking "OMG my stash is FAR bigger than all of theirs, I cant possibly join" - believe you me, we have been doing this challenge for well over a year some of us - you wont scare us, and I can almost guarantee that someone somewhere will have had more and survived.... we are very supportive (and protective - so dont be scared !!) oh - and we are nosey!!|

Useful abbreviations!

WIBA? - Will I Buy Again?
UU - Use Ups
IN - Self explanatory - stuff you've gained into your stash - warning, lines may be given out for unnecessary purchases or you may be sent to the naughty step!
WNBA - Will Not Buy Again!
Glitch - when a shop/online store make a pricing mistake so you end up paying less or even get freebies!
PYN(M/T/W/Th/F/Sa/Su) DELETE AS APPROPRIATE! - Paint Your Nails Monday/Tuesday...... it allows everyone to try and finish those dastardly nail varnishes with group support! You can never be too groomed for this thread Also see PY(T)N... - for toenails!
Splutterer - the stage where an item is nearing the end of it's life and spluttering - also the most annoying and seemingly never ending stage!
GWP - Gift With Purchase - a sample or mini sized item
HG - Holy Grail - this is the product you would go back for time and time again, it does the job brilliantly, and is either economical, or so fantastic price becomes no object!
NPI - Near Purchasing Incident (OMG we all have those!)
LHJ - Long Haul Job - for those products - love 'em or hate 'em - that never seem to end no matter how often you use them
PRCP -Pink Rose Candle Philosophy. From Erma Bombeck who said, 'If I had my life to live over again I would have burned the pink candle sculptured like a rose that melted in storage'. Don't keep things 'for best' or 'for a special occasion'. That day never arrives. Give the best to yourself now and enjoy it. (Thanks to McCulloch29 for introducing this thought provoking sentiment to us)
GA- for an out that was given away rather than binned or UU, to charity, as a present, or "just because!".

TA - for an out that was thrown away due to going off (generally as it has been lurking at the back of a stash since time immemorial) or for any other reason such as a broken container or spillage.

If anyone can think of any more we can add to the list so newbies won't be intimidated by our jargon!

Graduates

Here is a list of our lovely, fragrant ladies who have polished and pampered their way through their products and managed to get their toiletries stash under control. Ladies - congratulations You are an inspiration to the rest of us, xx . Thanks also to erm, me (:o) who suggested we start the Graduate list. To join the list of graduates let us know by posting that you are graduating in big colourful letters, that way the OP can easily spot you and add you to the list, or better still - pm the OP as the thread can move really quickly! You may also wish to add how many products you have used up during the challenge, good luck ladies xx

1.mineallmine - graduated with honours March 2011
2.Bronnie - graduated with honours March 2011
3. lostinrates - graduated with honours around June 2010

Previous threads:

In case you need to refer back to a previous stash list or product review - here are the links for the past few months challenge threads:

December: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=3643977
November: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=3583027
October: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=3520791
September: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=3457221
August: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=3392750
July: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=3330436
June: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=3264270
May: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=3201982

New Year Challenge:

Since it is the New Year, why not list how many products you used/stashed last year (if you have been keeping count)? If you want to, why not set yourself a target for the number of UUs, purchases or amount of money you want to spend on toiletries this year, to help you focus more on the challenge? (That's a target you are aiming not to exceed, ladies, not surpass at supersonic speed! :rotfl:)
Please call me 'Pickle'
No More Buying Books: ???
No More Buying DVDs: ???
NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
P
roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

Comments

• InaPickle
    InaPickle Posts: 5,968 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    And second post, too! ;)

Last year I UU/GA/TA a MASSIVE 130 toiletries and has 11 ins*.

For the purposes of this challenge I only count things I don't need as the time of purchase as ins, otherwise the count would be getting silly by now. So if I run out of shampoo and need a fresh bottle, I don't count the bottle I buy as it will be used straight away, or would be definitely used and needed soon. However, if I buy yet *another* body butter, that it definitely counted as I already have a ton. :o:p

My aim this year and just to keep whittling the stash down. I have gone from two drawers absolutely rammed full, one S&G box from the tote bag from last year's Boots OOTW full and a shoebox full of mouthwash under the bed (I have to use an expensive mouthwash that I buy in sufficient bulk when on offer to last until the next offer as they don't seem to be too frequent) to two drawers worth of stuff. The drawers are full enough, but not rammed, and I am definitely getting there. I think I could justify throwing out some make-up I have recently realised is really quite old, but I will have to sort out before I know how many items that involves.

I'm winning! Slowly, yes, but I will beat this toiletries stash if it's the last thing I do! :rotfl: :T
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: ???
    No More Buying DVDs: ???
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P
    roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

• littlepinkstars44
    littlepinkstars44 Posts: 2,950 Forumite
    edited 20 January 2012 at 3:32PM
    Options
    I dabbled on and off with this challenge last year, but this time I'm back and I need to get my stash down to a reasonable size!
    I won't be including make up, just toiletries.

So here is my list. (red = in use)

Shower Gel/Soap
    [STRIKE]Impulse Real Love Shower Gel 250ml[/STRIKE]
    S&G Clean on Me 500ml
    S&G Clean on me 100ml
    Body Shop Sweet Lemon Shower Gel 100g
    [STRIKE]Body Shop Spiced Vanilla Shower Gel[/STRIKE]
    I love Strawberries & Milkshake Shower Gel 100ml
    Lush Snow Fairy Shower Gel 500g
    Lush Snow Fairy Shower Gel 500g
    Lush Snow Fairy Shower Gel 100g
    Philosophy Gingerbread Girl Shower Gel 100ml
    Clarins Bath and Shower Concentrate 200ml
    Lush Angels Delight Soap
    Lush Angels Delight Soap
    Lush Snowcake Soap

Bath Products
    S&G Calm One Calm All Bubble Bath 500ml
    Lush Magic Wand Bubble Bar
    [STRIKE]Lush Magic Wand Bubble Bar
    Lush Magic Mushroom Bubble Bar
    Lush Candy Mountain Bubble Bar[/STRIKE]
    Lush Candy Mountain Bubble Bar
    Lush Gingerbread House Bubble Bar
    Lush The Melting Snowman Bath Melt
    [STRIKE]Lush Cinders Bath Ballistic[/STRIKE]
    Lush Cinders Bath Ballistic
    Lush Space Girl Bath Ballistic
    Lush Space Girl Bath Ballistic
    Lush So White Bath Ballistic
    Lush Lil Lush Pud Bath Ballistic
    Lush Twilight Bath Ballistic

Body Scrubs
    S&G Peaches and Clean Scrub 250ml
    S&G Pulp Fiction Scrub 250ml
    S&G Flake Away 500ml
    Body Shop Spiced Vanilla Scrub 200ml
    Body Shop Cocoa Butter Scrub 200ml
    Body Shop Candid Ginger Body Scrub 200ml
    Lush Buffy
    Lush Sugar Babe

Body Lotion
    Body Shop Vanilla Duo Butter 200ml
    Body Shop Sweet Pea Duo Butter 200ml
    Body Shop Spiced Vanilla Butter 200ml
    Body Shop Candid Ginger Butter 200ml
    Body Shop Shea Butter 200ml
    Body Shop Brazil Nut Butter 200ml
    Body Shop Almond Butter 200ml
    Body Shop Blueberry Butter 200ml
    Body Shop Passion Fruit Butter 200ml
    Body Shop Papaya Butter 200ml
    Body Shop Wild Cherry Butter 200ml
    [STRIKE]Body Shop Spiced Vanilla Body Lotion[/STRIKE]
    I love Strawberries and Milkshake Body Lotion
    S&G The Righteous Butter 500ml
    S&G The Righteous Butter 500ml
    Garnier Summer Body 500ml
    Lush Heavanilli Massage Bar
    Lush Strawberry Feels Forever Massage Bar
    [STRIKE]Lush Shimmy Shimmy Massage Bar
    Lush Shimmy Shimmy Massage Bar[/STRIKE]

Hair products
    [strike]Tresemme Naturals Shampoo
    Tresemme Naturals Conditioner[/strike]
    [STRIKE]Charles Worthinton Full Volume Shampoo
    Charles Worthington Full Volume Conditioner[/STRIKE]
    Body Shop Berry Shampoo
    Body Shop Berry Conditioner

Body Shop Rain Forest Shampoo 100ml
    Body Shop Rain Forest Conditioner 100ml
    Body Shop Rain Forest Mask
    [strike]John Freida Brilliant Brunette Shampoo
    John Freida Brilliant Brunette Conditioner[/strike]
    John Freida Brilliant Brunette Mask
    Aussie Mega Instant Conditioner
    Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructer Conditioner
    [strike]T Gel Shampoo[/strike]
    L’oreal Studio Hair Spray
    L’oreal Absolut Repair
    Toni and Guy Shine Spray
    Charles Worthington Blow Dry Spray
    Charles Worthington Dry Shampoo
    Lush Jumping Junniper Shampoo Bar
    Lush Ultimate Shine Shampoo Bar

Hands and Feet
    S&G Heel Genius
    S&G Hand Food 250ml
    S&G Hand Food 250ml
    S&G Hand Food 100ml
    Atrixo Camomile 50ml

Lush Tiny Hands
    Lush Tiny Hands
    Lush Charity Pot Sample
    Lush Charity Pot Sample
    Bath And Body Works Sweet Pea Hand Sanitiser
    Nail Polish Remover
    Nail Polish Remover

Face
    Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Mild
    Clinique Take The Day Off
    Clinique Clarifying Lotion

[STRIKE]Clinique Clarifying Lotion[/STRIKE]
    S&G Off Your Face Wipes
    St Ives Face Wipes
    [strike]St Ives Face Wipes[/strike]
    Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Face Scrub
    L’Oreal Face Wash
    Garnier Toner
    Clarins One-Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser
    Clarins Hydra Quench Intensive Serum
    Mac Pro Eye Make Up Remover
    Lanacane Anti Chafing Gel (I use it as primer)
    Gosh Velvet Touch Primer
    S&G Face Soap and Clarity 150ml
    Body Shop Vitamin E Facial Oil
    [STRIKE]Body Shop Tea Tree Face Scrub[/STRIKE]
    Body Shop Blue Corn 3 in 1 Mask
    Body Shop Oats and Honey 3 in 1 Mask
    Body Shop Aloe Vera Face Wash
    Body Shop Aloe Vera Toner
    Body Shop Aloe Vera Day Cream
    Body Shop Aloe Vera Night Cream
    Body Shop Aloe Vera Eye Cream

Body Shop Aloe Vera Serum
    [STRIKE]Body Shop Aloe Vera Face Scrub[/STRIKE]
    Mac Fix +
    Mac Fix + Rose
    [STRIKE]Mac Studio Fix Moisture Lotion[/STRIKE]

Lip Balms
    Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Lip Butter
    Body Shop Yes Yes Yes Lip Butter
    Body Shop Aloe Vera Lip Treatment
    Body Shop Natural Lip Roll On Berry
    Korres Jasmine Lip Butter
    Mac Pink Fish Tinted Lip Conditioner
    Mac Tender Baby Tendertone
    Mac Sweet Tooth Tendertone
    Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub
    Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub
    Lush Let Them Eat Cake Lip Bam
    Lush Maple Taffy Lip Balm
    Lush Snow Fairy Lip Tint

Dental
    White Glo Toothpaste
    White Glo Toothpaste
    Dentyl PH Cherry Mouthwash

Deodorant
    Body Shop DeoDry Stick Nice and Breezy
    Body Shop DeoDry Stick Fresh and Floral
    Body Shop DeoDry Stick Cool and Zesty
    Dove Beauty Finish Roll on
    Dove Beauty Finish Roll on
    Sure Crystal Diamond 150ml
    Sure Crystal Pure 150ml
    Sure Crystal Aqua 150ml
    Sure Minerals Fresh 150ml
    Sure Minerals Pure 150ml
    Dove Beauty Finish 250ml
    Sure Crystal Diamond 250ml

Fragrance
    DKNY Women 50ml
    S&G Mist You Madly 250ml
  • Pink_Giraffe
    Options
    Hi, I'd really like to join this please! I have huge amounts of stuff to use up - mostly in the cosmetics line. I found a box yesterday (still unpacking from moving at the end of October) with 30 nail varnishes in, and I'm sure there's another one somewhere!!
    I will pop back and put a full inventory on, probably tomorrow as going out for the day soon, I think this will scare me into using stuff up instead of buying more.
  • chickywiggle
    chickywiggle Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    i did this last year (tho didn't post).

am proud to say i used up most of my stash.

i think i bought (because we had run out):
    handwash.......... then remembered the bubble bath in the dispenser trick so now i just top it up.
    toothpaste

and a hair colour cause i loved it.

will report on my stash when i don't have a baby asleep on me.
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm back too. I really enjoy chatting to you ladies and seeing your reviews of products. The only aim I have is to try and not get sucked into promotions, glitches, money off vouchers this New Year and only purchase when I really need to replace something (hasn't that been the aim all along??). I feel I'm getting better through this challenge (although my recent confessional re: shower gels has even highlighted to me that there's a problem here!) because I do actually consider more whether to purchase something or not.

QVC used to be a problem for me re: cosmetic spending and having been out of work and then in lower paid temp work for a long time I feel I've curbed this. Will need to watch myself now I'm back in permanent work though as the old "go on I'll treat myself" thoughts may creep back in however I'm hoping that what I've learned re: those "value" kits will keep my spending at bay. Do need to save more money this year as we have the mortgage to pay off (yay) and as we celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary this year we have a cruise booked which needs to be paid for.

Take care everyone and look forward to chatting to you all again. x
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • Absinthe_Fairy
    Options
    My aim for this year is simply to get my stash down to a manageable level. I'm sure I bought more than I used up last year!

Here is my updated stash, with red for products in use and strikethrough for those I used up in December:

North East (parents' house)
    Simple Cleansing Lotion
    Simple Toner
    Simple Light Moisturiser (mini)
    Soap & Glory Glad Pits
    Soap & Glory Clean On Me
    Soap & Glory Flake Away
    Soap & Glory Righteous Butter
    Soap & Glory Glad Hair Day Shampoo
    Soap & Glory Hair Supply
    Soap & Glory Girligo (mini)
    Soap & Glory Girligo (mini) x 2
    Soap & Glory Glam-A-Lot (mini)
    Soap & Glory Mist You Madly (mini)
    Soap & Glory Clean On Me (mini)
    Soap & Glory Flake Away (mini)
    Soap & Glory Hand Food (mini)
    Soap & Glory Righteous Butter (mini)
    Soap & Glory Off Your Face Cleansing Wipes
    Whispers Body Scrub
    Whispers Body Lotion
    Whispers Bath Salts
    Thai Spa Bath Soak
    Thai Spa Body Lotion
    Thai Spa Bath Salts
    Soap & Glory Righteous Butter
    Lush Snow Fairy Shower Gel
    Lush Glogg Shower Gel
    Lush The Jilted Elf Shower Jelly
    Lush Whoosh! Shower Jelly
    Lush Northern Lights Soap
    Lush Angel's Delight Soap
    Lush Snow Globe Soap
    Lush Snowcake Soap
    Lush Candy Cane Soap
    Ro's Argan Body Conditioner
    Hello Kitty Liberty Bath Bubbles
    Hello Kitty Liberty Body Wash
    Hello Kitty Liberty Body Scrub
    Hello Kitty Liberty Body Scrub (mini)
    Hello Kitty Liberty Body Butter x 2
    Hello Kitty Liberty Body Spray
    Hello Kitty Liberty Body Spray (mini)
    Marks & Spencer Cocoa Bean Body Butter

London
    Soap
    [strike]Soap & Glory Feel the Knead Massage Soap[/strike]
    Lush Snow Globe
    [strike]Lush Angel's Delight[/strike]
    Lush Northern Lights
    Lush Candy Cane
    Lush Demon in the Dark
    Lush Gavernie
    Lush Pineapple Grunt
    Lush Sea Vegetable
    Lush Ice Blue
    Lush Ice Blue (sample)
    Lush Porridge (sample)
    Lush Bohemian
    Lush Vanilla in the Mist
    Lush Summer Pudding
    Lush Summer Pudding (sample)
    Lush Sultana of Soap (sample)
    Lush Noubar
    Lush Avowash
    Lush Miranda
    Lush Alkmaar
    Lush Milky Bar
    Lush Red Rooster
    Lush Sexy Peel
    Lush Lemslip
    Lush Lily Savon
    Lush Centenary

Shower Gel
    Lush Gold, Frankincense and Beer Shower Jelly
    Lush Jilted Elf Shower Jelly
    Lush Iced Wine Shower Jelly
    Lush Glogg Shower Gel 100g
    Lush Slammer Shower Gel 100g
    Burt's Bees Exfoliating Body Wash
    The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Creamy Body Wash
    The Body Shop Almond Shower Gel
    Lush It's Raining Men Shower Gel 100g
    Soap & Glory Clean Girls Shower Gel
    Soap & Glory Wash Almighty
    Soap & Glory Clean On Me
    The Body Shop Strawberry Shower Gel
    The Body Shop Papaya Shower Gel
    Soap & Glory iFoam Shower Gel
    The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Shower Gel
    The Body Shop Dreams Unlimited Body Wash
    The Body Shop Olive Shower Gel
    The Body Shop Moringa Shower Gel
    The Body Shop Sweet Lemon Shower Gel
    The Body Shop Wild Cherry Shower Gel
    The Body Shop Dewberry Shower Gel
    The Body Shop Mango Shower Gel
    The Body Shop Strawberry Shower Gel (mini)
    Lush The Olive Branch Shower Gel
    Lush Creamed Almond and Coconut Smoothie
    Lush Joy of Jelly
    Lush B Never Too Busy to be Beautiful Shower Gel
    Lush Back for Breakfast Shower Gel
    Lush Chai Shower Gel
    Lush Sonic Death Monkey Shower Gel
    Lush Flying Fox Shower Gel
    Lush Lime Smoothie
    The Body Shop Fuzzy Peach Bath and Shower Gel
    The Body Shop Green Apple Bath and Shower Gel
    The Body Shop Spiced Pumpkin Bath and Shower Gel
    Lush Ghost Shower Gel
    Lush Snowshowers Shower Jelly
    Lush Turkish Delight Shower Smoothie

Bath
    Soap & Glory Calm One, Calm All
    Lush Dreamtime Bath Melt
    Lush Fizzy O'Therapy Ballistic
    Lush In the Nude Bath Melt
    Lush Cinders Ballistic
    [strike]Lush So White Ballistic[/strike]
    [strike]Lush Melting Snowman Bath Melt[/strike]
    Lush Magic Wand Bubble Bar
    Lush Magic Wand Bubble Bar x 2
    Lush Gingerbread House Bubble Bar
    Lush Superstar Bubble Bar x 3
    Lush Lil Lush Pud Ballistic
    Lush The Melting Snowman Bath Melt x 2
    Lush Three Gold Rings Bubble Bar
    Lush Three Gold Rings Bubble Bar x 2
    Lush Smaragadine Bubble Bath
    Lush Flying Saucers Bubble Bath 100g

Body Lotions/Butters
    [strike]Lush Potion Body Lotion[/strike]
    Lush Dream Cream Body Lotion 100g
    Lush Creme Anglaise Body Lotion 100g
    Lush Chocolala Massage Bar
    Lush Iridescent Glitterbug Massage Bar
    Lush Shimmy Shimmy Massage Bar
    Soap & Glory Glow Lotion
    The Body Shop Shea Whip Body Lotion
    Burt's Bees Honey & Orange Wax Body Lotion
    The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Hand & Body Lotion
    Soap & Glory The Daily Smooth
    Soap & Glory Butter Up
    Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter
    Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter
    Soap & Glory Mist You Madly
    The Body Shop Strawberry Puree Body Lotion
    Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter Lotion 500ml
    The Body Shop Floral Acai Body Butter Duo
    The Body Shop Coconut Milk Body Lotion
    The Body Shop Moringa Milk Body Lotion
    The Body Shop Sweet Lemon Whip Body Lotion
    The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Body Lotion
    The Body Shop Wild Cherry Puree Body Lotion
    The Body Shop Mango Whip Body Lotion
    The Body Shop Dewberry Body Lotion
    The Body Shop Dreams Unlimited Body Lotion
    The Body Shop Watermelon Body Lotion
    [STRIKE]The Body Shop Spiced Vanilla Body Butter (mini)[/STRIKE]
    The Body Shop Shea Body Butter
    The Body Shop Brazil Nut Body Butter
    The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Butter
    The Body Shop Almond Body Butter
    The Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter
    The Body Shop Coconut Shimmer Body Butter
    The Body Shop Passionfruit Body Butter
    The Body Shop Wild Cherry Body Butter
    The Body Shop Papaya Body Butter
    The Body Shop Mango Body Butter 50ml
    The Body Shop Dreams Unlimited Body Butter 50ml
    The Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter 50ml
    The Body Shop Sweet Lemon Body Butter 50ml
    The Body Shop Moringa Body Butter 50ml
    The Body Shop Moringa Body Butter
    The Body Shop Olive Body Butter
    The Body Shop Strawberry Puree Body Lotion (mini)
    Nivea Creme (mini)
    Lush Charity Pot 95g
    Lush Ginger Lotion
    Lush Skin Sin
    Lush Buffy Body Butter x 2
    Lush Each Peach Massage Bar
    Lush Hottie Massage Bar
    Lush Black Magic Massage Bar
    Lush Merry Xmas Massage Bar

Body Scrubs
    Soap & Glory Scrub Actually
    Soap & Glory Some Like It Hot Body Scrub
    Soap & Glory Scrub Em and Leave Em
    Soap & Glory Spa Sugar Crush
    Soap & Glory Pulp Friction
    The Body Shop Shea Body Scrub
    The Body Shop Brazil Nut Body Scrub
    The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Scrub
    The Body Shop Strawberry Body Polish
    The Body Shop Raspberry Body Scrub
    The Body Shop Moringa Body Scrub
    The Body Shop Sweet Lemon Body Scrub 50ml
    The Body Shop Mango Body Scrub 50ml
    The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Body Scrub
    The Body Shop Olive Body Scrub
    The Body Shop Wild Cherry Body Scrub
    Lush Sugar Babe Sugar Scrub
    Lush Australian Igloo Sugar Scrub
    Lush Australian Igloo Sugar Scrub

Teeth
    Aquafresh Toothpaste
    Aquafresh Whitening Toothpaste
    Lush Aquatic Toothy Tabs
    Lush Ultrablast Toothy Tabs
    Lush Breath of God Toothy Tabs
    Lush Atomic Toothy Tabs
    Lush Dirty Toothy Tabs

Deodorants
    Sure Clear Diamond Deodorant
    Sure Radiant Deodorant
    Lush The Greeench
    Lush Coconut Deodorant

Hair
    Lush Reincarnate Shampoo Bar
    Lush Irresistible Bliss Shampoo Bar
    Lush Gentle Lentil Shampoo Bar
    Lush Ultimate Shine Shampoo Bar
    [strike]Dove Hair Therapy Conditioner[/strike]
    [strike]The Body Shop Olive Glossing Conditioner (mini)[/strike]
    Schwarzkopf Yoghurt & Red Berry Smoothie Conditioner
    Schwarzkopf Yoghurt & Red Berry Smoothie Conditioner
    Lush Jungle Conditioner
    Lush Recon Hair Treatment
    V05 Hot Oil x 4
    The Body Shop Macadamia Straightening Balm
    The Body Shop Brazil Nut Define & No Frizz
    Lush The Strokes Hair Treatment
    The Body Shop Banana Shampoo
    The Body Shop Banana Conditioner

Hands
    Lush Handy Gurugu Hand Cream
    Soap & Glory Hand Food
    Soap & Glory Hand Food
    Soap & Glory Hand Food
    The Body Shop Hemp Hand Cream
    The Body Shop Hemp Hand Cream
    Lush Helping Hands Hand Cream
    Soap & Glory Endless Glove Hand Mask
    [strike]The Body Shop Almond Nail & Cuticle Treatment[/strike]
    Cowshed Cow Pat Hand Cream
    L'Occitaine Hand Cream
    The Body Shop Soft Hands Kind Heart Hand Cream

Feet
    The Body Shop Peppermint Intensive Foot Rescue
    The Body Shop Peppermint Purifying Foot Mask
    Soap & Glory Heel Genius

Face
    Soap & Glory Scrub Your Nose In It
    St. Ives Apricot Scrub (mini)
    Simple Light Moisturiser
    Simple Rich Moisturiser
    Simple Cleanser
    Simple Toner
    Lush Enzymion Moisturiser
    Boots Cucumber Facial Wipes
    Boots Cucumber Facial Wipes
    Boots Sensitive Facial Wipes x 3
    Nivea Facial Wipes
    Lush 9 to 5 Cleansing Lotion
    The Body Shop Vitamin C Radiance Mix
    The Body Shop Vitamin C Face Spritz x 2
    The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Makeup Remover
    The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Makeup Remover
    Soap & Glory Face, Soap and Clarity Face Wash
    Lush Queen of Hearts Facial Soap
    Lush Buche de Noel Cleanser
    The Body Shop Vitamin E Cleanser (mini)
    The Body Shop Vitamin E Toner (mini)
    The Body Shop Vitamin E Day Cream (mini)
    The Body Shop Vitamin E Night Cream (mini)
    The Body Shop Passionfruit Cleansing Gel
    The Body Shop Cucumber Cleanser
    The Body Shop Cucumber Toner
    The Body Shop Carrot Moisture Cream
    [STRIKE]Burt's Bees Radiance Day Cream (mini)[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Burt's Bees Radiance Night Cream (mini)[/STRIKE]
    Burt's Bees Radiance Eye Cream (mini)
    Benefit Eye Cream (mini)
    The Body Shop Aloe Eye Defence
    The Body Shop Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask
    Simple Kind to Skin Deep Cleansing Face Mask Tube
    [strike]Montagne Jeunesse Face Mask Sachet[/strike]
    Lush Sweet Lips Lip Scrub
    Lush Mint Julips Lip Scrub
    [strike]Carmex Cherry Lip Balm[/strike]
    [strike]The Body Shop Born Lippy Strawberry Lip Balm[/strike]
    [strike]The Body Shop Born Lippy Satsuma Shimmer Lip Balm[/strike]
    Vaseline
    Vaseline Creme Brulee
    The Body Shop Shea Lip Butter
    The Body Shop Spiced Vanilla Lip Balm
    The Body Shop Merry Cranberry Lip Balm
    The Body Shop Candied Ginger Lip Balm
    The Body Shop Hemp Lip Protector
    Nivea Lip Balm
    Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm
    Carmex Cherry Lip Balm (Tube)
    Burt's Bees Lip Tint
    Soap & Glory Hocus Focus Lotion

Travel Bag
    Simple Light Moisturiser (mini)
    Boots Toothpaste (mini)
    Dove Shampoo (mini)
    Dove Conditioner (mini)
    Dove Shower Gel (mini)
    Dove Body Moisturiser (mini)
    The Body Shop Strawberry Shower Gel (mini)
    The Body Shop Strawberry Puree Body Lotion (mini)
    Burt's Bees Shower Gel (mini)
    Burt's Bees Moisturiser (mini)
    Sealed Pot Challenge Number 1225
    £365 in £365 Days 2013
    No Buying Toiletries 2013
  • Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    thanks for getting us started in this new year Pickle, i'm in again for another year (or two, or three)

this year just gone i GA/TA/UU'd up 173, i don't know what my INs were but i'd guestimate they were less than 30 :)

my stash list is as follows:
    Hair
    Treatments/Colourants
    Advance techniques Dry Rescue 100ml
    Advance techniques Oxygenating scalp treatment 100ml
    V05 Hot oils 15ml x2
    Superdrug - Rich Chestnut Hair colourant
    Avon Cherry hair freshener
    Elvive Hair shine spray
    Shampoo
    Paul Mitchell Instant Moisture Daily Shampoo 300 ml
    Herbal Essences 200 ml
    Asda anti chorine shampoo & conditioner
    Nizorel Shampoo 120ml
    VO5 Gloss me smoothly shampoo 500ml x2
    Conditioner
    Paul Mitchell Instant Moisture Daily Treatment 200ml
    superdrug Coconut & Sweet Almond conditioner 300ml
    Herbal Essences fruit Fusions 400ml x2
    Natural extracts Coconut conditioner 400 ml
    timotei repair & nourishment 400ml
    VO5 Gloss me smoothly conditioner 500ml x2
    Alberto Balsaam conditioners x2
    Body
    Shower Gel
    Sanctuary Body Wash 250ml x2
    Sanctuary Foaming body mousse
    Sancturary creamy body washBody Wash 75ml
    Body Scrub 50mlBoots Naturals Mango wash 75ml
    Scrubs
    Sanctuary Salt Scrub 650g x3
    Deodrant
    Dove go fresh roll on
    Dove Go freshBody creams / Lotions
    Sanctuary Kyphi body butter 300ml
    SSS Dry Oil body Spray 150ml
    Sanctuary Kyphi Nourishing Intensive Salve 50ml
    Sanctuary Mande Lular Body souffle 500 ml x2
    Sanctuary Mande Lular Body souffle 150ml
    Sanctuary Crème Souffle 475ml
    Avon After Sun Lotion 500ml
    baby oil 300ml
    Bells Coconut oil 90g
    Boots Brazil Nut body cream 50ml
    Hand & Nail Stuff
    No7 Hand Revitalising Scrub 25ml
    Aqueous Cream 500g x5
    Sanctuary Hand Wash & Soak 200ml
    Intensive Hand Mask 100ml
    Dermol 200 shower emollient
    Nourishing nail polish remover pads
    Get Em Off Artificial Nail Remover 200ml
    Nourishing Nail Polish remover 200ml
    Flower shop Anti bac handwash 400ml x2
    Avon hand cream
    Foot stuff
    Boots Prepare to Bare Foot polish 150ml
    Boots Foot Fizz 250g
    Foot works Revitalising Spray 100ml
    Sanctuary Foot Souffle 150ml
    Foot shaped Pumice Stones x3
    Scholl Verruca removal gel 5ml
    Scholl Party Feet 1 pair
    intensive heel softening cream
    Virgin Vie cooling foot lotion
    Talc
    Dektarine talc
    Johnsons Baby talc 500g
    Face
    Facial Stuff
    No 7 Radiance Revealed Exfoliator 75ml
    No 7 Gentle Foaming Face Wash 150ml
    Superdrug essentials toner
    Avon eye regenerist cream
    No7 Cleans & Care Eye Make up remover
    Lancura Eye Roll on
    Asda spot roll on treatment
    Anthena face wipes
    No 7 quick thinking wipes
    Boots cucumber face wipes x3
    No 7 Soft & Soothed Cleanser 30ml
    No 7 Soft & Soothed Toner 30ml
    Refine & rewind Intense Perfection serum 5ml
    Nivea Q10 eye cream sachet 1ml
    Nivea Q10 Night cream sachet 1.5ml
    Nivea Day cream sachet 1.5ml
    Nivea Night cream sachet 1.5ml
    Lidl Q10 day cream
    Lidl Q10 night cream
    No 7 Radiance Revealed Exfoliator 75ml
    Superdrug Vitamin E Face Wash 100ml
    Superdrug Vitamin E Facial Scrub 100ml
    Superdrug Vitamin E Moisture Cream 50ml
    other
    Elidel Cream 60g
    J Lo Live Eau de parfum 50ml
    Feminine wipes
    Asda triple blade razor with spare cartridge
    Nair Facial Hair remover
    200 Cotton buds x2
    Avon Sun lotion 25 SPF 150ml
    Handbag tissues 10 x2
    Movelat Relief Cream 40g
    Oral b toothbrush heads x4
    Surgical Spirit 250ml
    tea tree oil 10ml
    Bells Epsom Salts 200g
    Johnsons cotton bud tubs x2
    Nair in shower hair removal
  • Helen1971
    Helen1971 Posts: 177 Forumite
    Options
    Hello, I'm back as well. Determined to keep up the good work this year! I'm doing OK with shampoo/conditioner/body lotion but more focus needed re shower gel and especially make up!

Had a wardrobe clear out yesterday afternoon before we went out so feel virtuous although slightly daunted at the amount of ironing/mending I need to do. I was at the point where I'd look in the wardrobe before going to work and think "aaarrrggghhh, I haven't got time to iron that/where are my black trousers?/why can I never find ANYTHING?" so drastic action needed!

Happy 2012 everybody.
  • theonlynuttytart
    Options
    I'm back in too! I was on last year and i did well but have had a few slip-ups!

I know i'm going to have some more in the Boots 75% off sale too!

However its not all bad, things are definitely going down and i gifted a lot at christmas.

The most remarkable thing is i have gone a whole 12 months without going to or purchasing anything from the no 7 counter. Its a miracle! I used to be there every month! :j
    Sealed Pot Member 1269 :D VSP... TO UPDATE!
    No more toiletries challenge..... Making progress! :T
    GROCERY CHALLENGE £100 January 2012 :j
    I MUST RESIST CHOCOLATE! WELL SOME OF IT ANYWAY!
    :EasterBun:EasterBun:EasterBun
  • MoneyQueen
    MoneyQueen Posts: 927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can I join please? I joined last year but then fell off the wagon. I don't have a problem with buying lots of stuff(atleast not now). I just can't be a!!!! to use them. I have 3 months to improve my skin and hair and loose weight as I am going to Vegas in April. So really need to work on it. I will not be posting a stash list as I don't have an updated one at the moment but will be mentioning any UUs or INs.

MQ
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport