IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
Main Site Forum Register Community Today's Posts Forum Search
or Login with Facebook
Private parking fines UKCPS Ltd
Views: 55,306
# 1
Minniehaha
Old 26-08-2011, 8:25 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Angry Private parking fines UKCPS Ltd

Yesterday my daughter, daughter in law and four children went into a retail park and parked two cars. I believed we could park for two hours ( however I was wrong, it was 1hour 45 minutes ! )
We walked around the shops, looking and checking prices of school uniforms and clothes for ourselves. How ever there is a Pizza Hut on site and the children wanted to go for lunch. We waited approx 20 minutes to be seated and have our order taken. We waited a further 25minutes for the food and drinks. ( they were busy and getting busier all the time )
We had two toddlers under two who, as anyone with children that age would know it's diffcult to rush. The older two wanted desert, but we said no as we had to get back to the cars.
When we got back to the car , both my daughter and daughter in law had parking tickets with a 60 charge and if not paid in fourteen days goes up to 100 !
We were absolutely gutted, 120 charge because Pizza Hut was busy !
I have spoken to the parking company who say they can't do anything for 48 hours as they don't have the information until then.
The car park was half empty when we arrived and the same when we left.
Please help ???
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 2
Fergie76
Old 26-08-2011, 8:31 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniehaha View Post
Yesterday my daughter, daughter in law and four children went into a retail park and parked two cars. I believed we could park for two hours ( however I was wrong, it was 1hour 45 minutes ! )
We walked around the shops, looking and checking prices of school uniforms and clothes for ourselves. How ever there is a Pizza Hut on site and the children wanted to go for lunch. We waited approx 20 minutes to be seated and have our order taken. We waited a further 25minutes for the food and drinks. ( they were busy and getting busier all the time )
We had two toddlers under two who, as anyone with children that age would know it's diffcult to rush. The older two wanted desert, but we said no as we had to get back to the cars.
When we got back to the car , both my daughter and daughter in law had parking tickets with a 60 charge and if not paid in fourteen days goes up to 100 !
We were absolutely gutted, 120 charge because Pizza Hut was busy !
I have spoken to the parking company who say they can't do anything for 48 hours as they don't have the information until then.
The car park was half empty when we arrived and the same when we left.
Please help ???
1. It's not a fine, it's a speculative invoice. Scam, if you like.

2. If you had read the 1000's of other posts on here, similar to yours, you would know just to ignore them. Certainly don't bother contacting them or appealling. There is no such thing as an appeal.

3. Complain to all the you visited yesterday, especially Pizza Hut and tell them that you will be taking your business else where until the vermin are gone out the car park.

4. Read the stick thread at the top of the board and it will tell you the various begging letters you can expect, all becoming a bit more desperate for your money.

5. So in summary - Do not contact them in any way!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fergie76 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
trisontana
Old 26-08-2011, 9:00 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

I wonder who set that stupid time limit of one hour and forty-five minutes? Could it be UKCPS so that they could be sure of entrapping as many motorists as they can? It's about time that shop keepers and landowners wake up to the fact that they will be losing customers because of the activities of these PPCs (Parasite Parking Companies).
I am an "internet guru" (copyright Stephan Hall @ UKCPS)

Last edited by trisontana; 26-08-2011 at 9:55 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to trisontana For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
notts_phil
Old 26-08-2011, 9:07 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Minniehaha

Dont even bother phoning the company, nothing will happen they will tell you to appeal.

The is no such thing as an appeal, it just saves them 2.50 on getting your address details from the DVLA

You will over the next few months get various threatening letters, but if you look on the stickies at the top of this board you will see what to get and be able to play snap.

So follow this advice and no need to feel gutted.

You wouldnt fall for email scams would you?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to notts_phil For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
Minniehaha
Old 26-08-2011, 11:28 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Many thanks for your replys. It is not me that will get the court summons, but my daughter and daughter in law. We were booked 7 minutes over the allotted time. I spoke by phone to one of the retailers when we got home, they said the man is there all day every day sat waiting in his car.
If this is the same as a scam e-mail, how come they can get away with this ? Ruined our family day ! But will take your advice. Thanks again.
Letters in the post to Pizza Hut and other retailers in the retail park.
# 6
trisontana
Old 26-08-2011, 11:38 AM

Last year UKCPS were thrown off a retail park in the Manchester area for "aggressive ticketing and harrasment of customers".

As for a court summons that won't happen, especially if no contact is made with the parking company. On that note please be careful what you say on here as staff from UKCPS monitor this forum hoping to glean information regarding the identity of the driver.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trisontana For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
AlexisV
Old 26-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Expect a PM from Peter Haswell spouting some guff. Ignore him.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AlexisV For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
Minniehaha
Old 26-08-2011, 12:36 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Thumbs down

Thanks again, for your help. I don't understand why they don't put parking meters in these places, at least everyone knows where they stand.

Pizza Hut customers were queued out on the pavement when we left, so I hope no one else got a ticket !
# 9
trisontana
Old 26-08-2011, 12:46 PM

But why have that artificial time limit when, as you said, the car-park was only half full? Once again that this proves that PPCs are not there to "manage" parking, but to con money out as many people as possible over silly made up "rules".
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trisontana For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
notts_phil
Old 26-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

You only get a summons for a magistrates court. You have dine nothing illegal.
The Following User Says Thank You to notts_phil For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 11
notts_phil
Old 26-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Is peter hasbeen still hanging round trying to fool people?
# 12
Coupon-mad
Old 26-08-2011, 1:10 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

EDITED FOR NEW READERS (2014)

SEE MY SIGNATURE - THE ADVICE HAS CHANGED FROM 2013 ONWARDS. THIS THREAD IS ANCIENT - HAD YOU NOT NOTICED IT'S FROM 2011???

DO NOT IGNORE A FAKE PCN, PLEASE CLICK NOW TO PAGE ONE OF THE FORUM:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
Ticket in a private car park in England/Wales?... DON'T PAY IT BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT- the advice changed in 2012/13!

CLICK on '>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking>' end of the small blue 'Home>Forums>' link, top of the page, to see current threads.
Do NOT read older advice to ignore, unless it was in Scotland or NI.

Last edited by Coupon-mad; 28-02-2014 at 10:19 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Coupon-mad For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 13
Minniehaha
Old 26-08-2011, 4:45 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Many thanks again for your replies. I had a very sleepless night with worry over this and I won't be going back there again !
The Following User Says Thank You to Minniehaha For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 14
Kite2010
Old 26-08-2011, 9:03 PM

Send a letter to the manager of that Pizza Hut & any other shops on the retail park that thanks to harassement from a contractor acting on their behalf (the PPC) you shall no longer be spending your money there instead at (name local rival) where they don't harasse paying customers with made-up parking invoices.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kite2010 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15
robredz
Old 27-08-2011, 8:10 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kite2010 View Post
Send a letter to the manager of that Pizza Hut & any other shops on the retail park that thanks to harassement from a contractor acting on their behalf (the PPC) you shall no longer be spending your money there instead at (name local rival) where they don't harasse paying customers with made-up parking invoices.

I would find out who the Managing Agents are for the park, as it is THEY who have brought in the PPC, the retailers will have no say in the matter, and are most likely as annoyed as customers who have had the unenforceable invoices due to the adverse effect on their trade of the ppc.

For those aggrieved by Parking Eye on the Mostyn Champneys in Llandudno, address complaints to the site manager:

Colin Gilligan
01244 534 354 (option 2) or email info@broughton-park.com

The managing agents are Savills

Savills (Manchester)
Fountain Court
68 Fountain St
Manchester
M2 2FE

0161 236 8644

Only by heaping odium on those who will collude with these parasites will we show them their error in bringing the ppcs in.

If we can find this information for other retail parks, we can start attacking the organ grinder, rather than their greedy not so tame monkeys.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to robredz For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 16
Coupon-mad
Old 27-08-2011, 8:49 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

EDITED FOR NEW READERS (2014)

SEE MY SIGNATURE - THE ADVICE HAS CHANGED FROM 2013 ONWARDS. THIS THREAD IS ANCIENT - HAD YOU NOT NOTICED IT'S FROM 2011???

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
Ticket in a private car park in England/Wales?... DON'T PAY IT BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT- the advice changed in 2012/13!

CLICK on '>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking>' end of the small blue 'Home>Forums>' link, top of the page, to see current threads.
Do NOT read older advice to ignore, unless it was in Scotland or NI.

Last edited by Coupon-mad; 28-02-2014 at 10:20 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Coupon-mad For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 17
Minniehaha
Old 30-08-2011, 8:42 PM
MoneySaving Convert

No private messages so far ! Thanks everyone !
The Following User Says Thank You to Minniehaha For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 18
Minniehaha
Old 18-09-2011, 7:52 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Update : Both girls have recieved letters saying they can still only pay 65 if they pay in the next few days or the charge will increase to 100 ! I have told them both to ignore the letters which are not very professional looking anyway. I will try and scan one on for people to see. Thanks for all your help.
# 19
Minniehaha
Old 25-09-2011, 8:02 PM
MoneySaving Convert

They have now recieved 2nd letter, It's now 100, next letter is them being taken to court !!
# 20
Inflatable Armadillo
Old 25-09-2011, 8:20 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniehaha View Post
They have now recieved 2nd letter, It's now 100, next letter is them being taken to court !!
Tell them to stay strong, they are not going to be taking your daughter and daughter-in-law to court, this is all part of the scam and the harassment angle. They want 'you' to cave in, they want to scare 'you' and then once they have 'your' money, they are laughing all the way to the bank with it, knowing they have suckered yet another person out of their hard-earned cash!

If 'you' have not contacted them then the threat-o-grams will stop arriving soon and they will give in and move on to other targets. If they smell blood (or actually cash!) they will keep on for as long as possible.

Did you get any replies from the the retailers on the site to your letters? What you should do, is save up the threat-o-grams and post photo-copies (with all personal details removed) to all the shop managers on the site and direct them to this website.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Inflatable Armadillo For This Useful Post: Show me >>