KKO Mobile charges ???

alyssa_liss
alyssa_liss Posts: 647 Forumite
posting on behalf of my OH

he has realised today that he has been paying £4.50 a week since april , ontop of his regular mobile bill. Apperently he has joined this site to download ringtones etc.. . He most defenatly did not.

he rang the company and they have basically said tough. He said you are a fradulant company and they just said yes.

He had been to vodaphone and told them and they have said they cant do anything. they can TRY to block it but if it doesnt work he will have to block his whole account. ie cancel his contract and pay them cancelling fees etc...

Can anyone give us any advice on what to do.

Comments

• Techhead_2
    Techhead_2 Posts: 1,769 Forumite
    The regulator is phonepayplus, go to their website for details of how to make a complaint and get a refund.
  • alyssa_liss
    alyssa_liss Posts: 647 Forumite
    Techhead wrote: »
    The regulator is phonepayplus, go to their website for details of how to make a complaint and get a refund.

thank you will have a look now
  • flashg67
    flashg67 Posts: 3,989
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    KKO's site appears to be in french only but their FAQ page - https://www.kko-mobile.com/faq.html gives some numbers to send an sms with the word 'STOP' in it under the 'Comment resilier' (how to cancel) section. Translation from Google of that page -
    How do I cancel?

To proceed with the termination of the subscription the user will meet the following method according to the billing method selected when subscribing to the subscription:
    SMS

The user must send an SMS containing no surcharge "STOP" to short number Cellfish Media that was used when subscribing to the subscription. . For information, these numbers can be: 88333, 88688, 88666, 88218, 88020. .
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've had exactly the same. they charge through payforit I didn't ever receive a text message saying they'd started the sevice so there's nothing to reply to. The company's email is [email protected]
  • pmduk wrote: »
    I've had exactly the same. they charge through payforit I didn't ever receive a text message saying they'd started the sevice so there's nothing to reply to. The company's email is [EMAIL="support@kkomobile.co.uk"][email protected][/EMAIL]

Hi I've had exactly the same. I have now asked for the details of the company to take legal action against them. If they can't provide any details, I will take legal action against my mobile service provider to recover the charges as they have paid to KKO Mobile indirectly from my account. Can anybody please provide any other suggestions?
    Thanks
  • pmduk
    Forumite
    Have you tried a complaint to phonepay plus?
  • Vodafone CAN add a Premium Rate SMS Bar to your account to stop these message - Vodafone Customer Services fail yet again!
    David :)
    £1 of debt is too much for me!
  • pmduk wrote: »
    Have you tried a complaint to phonepay plus?

Phonepay Plus is different than payforit. But I threaten my mobile provider to take legal action as they have deducted money from my account and to my surprise they have refunded full amount!!! I would advice everybody to do the same.
  • pmduk
    Forumite
    Phonepay plus is the regulator for these services. they can fine or even suspend a company for breaching the rules
  • KKo mobile are doing exact same thing too me. Vodafone say there is nothing they can do as i set this subscription up. I had never even heard of them before tonight. They said i could txt stop to 81973, but this msg will not send.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure