DCM Nottingham / DCM Money Solutions in administration?

Options

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Interestingly the OFT still list online their licence as "current". As far as I know, it should be automatically revoked when a company goes into administration.

snapshot5x.png
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • John_Barton
    John_Barton Posts: 10 Forumite
    edited 10 March 2011 at 9:40AM
    Options
    I'm in a similar predicament- I'm harbouring visions of a claw hammer in one hand.........

£5000 I've paid them. Two years worth of payment down the drain.

We need to stick together. I get some small comfort in the fact there are more of you out there.

I feel like a fool.

I don't think anyone should think they are a fool. I was with DCM since 2002 and my debts have hardly gone down at all. I've ended up with 2 charging orders in the bargain that DCM said were just par for the course. They did a VERY good job of reassuring you that everything was ok, when in actual fact its was definitely not.
    I'm not an unintelligent person but money matters just faze me and I always thought I was doing my best for my family, but nearly 10 years on I'm not any better off.
    I feel pretty sick about it all now :(

So now I'm left with not being quite sure what debt I have. So far I've requested my credit record from Experian and spoken to National Debt Line, which was a sobering experience. I think I have 3 CCJ's which hopefully will show in the credit report. I need to make sure these are being paid, but how do I find out what the court agreed payments on those are ??
    I've put off going to CCCS as yet as I feel foolish saying I'm in debt but all my records have gone. The guy from NDL said it might just be a matter of waiting for letters and phone calls.
    As all my debts are pre 2002 I'm assuming DCM made a payment now and then to stop them being 'statute barred' (if that's the right terminology). Otherwise I might have been seeing if a few could be written off.

On a personal note I'm not sleeping well and my wife and I are on very shaky ground as the debts are all mine. I don't say this for sympathy but I want people that were also robbed by DCM to know they are not alone.
  • nottsman45
    Options
    I agree none of us are fools, we have been taken in by a very clever con trick. I am going to talk to Consumer Direct and the CAB today and see what they think I should do, I will post their advice here later.
  • Dave763
    Options
    Hi All

I'm totally new to this forum but came across it using a google search...

I joined DCM in late 2004 and have paid them over £25,000 up to last month. SOME has been paid to creditors, I've had a bit back, and then there is their fees...

But all in all I'd say they've fleeced me for close to £10,000...

I see some of you are all in similar positions...

D'you think theres any chance of us getting some of our money back?

And just for info, I'm currently transferring everything to a company called Hannover Sterling, with a view to going down the IVA route (Something I probably should have done years ago!)

Regards
  • Mothermercury30
    Options
    Thank you all for making me feel like less of a fool. I am not unintelligent myself-far from it- but these guys are very, very (Or were!) convincing in the extreme.

I did sleep last night, thankfully, but I have contacted quite a few of the creditors/got things on hold, and called the CCCS, who appeared very helpful indeed, and were recommended in most cases.

What this thread needs is a TV national campaign- someone like GMTV or, if you live in Wales, "The Ferret" to bring attention to this.

I'll keep you all posted. You do the same, eh?
    DFW Nerd Number 1378, and proud to be dealing with my debt.
    [STRIKE]£22000 in debt.[/STRIKE]£5000 in Debt as of November 2013.
    Debt-Free Date- Estimated August/September 2014.

DON'T pass debt habits onto your children- teach them.
  • Grumpelstiltskin
    Options
    fermi wrote: »
    Interestingly the OFT still list online their licence as "current". As far as I know, it should be automatically revoked when a company goes into administration.

snapshot5x.png

Looks like there was a shuffling around of directors last autumn.

http://www.dellam.com/05534642-DCM%20MONEY%20SOLUTIONS%20LIMITED.html

BTW Sentley Robert Wilson appears to be a Doncaster based solicitor.
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • John_Barton
    Options
    I think the main thing here, is to share information on what's happening, which will benefit us all.
  • Grumpelstiltskin
    Options
    Have you considered there may have been fraud committed here?

It may be worth a phone call to Nottinghamshire Police plus Nottingham Trading Standards.
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • John_Barton
    Options
    Just sent an email to Trading Standards Nottingham. It would be better to ring them but in an open office its difficult for me.
  • peteuk
    peteuk Posts: 1,336 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am sorry to hear the problems people have had/having, but it seems odd that people can pay money to a company and not check it is going to the companies the owe to. Equally if companies are not recieving payments then they would contact the indervidual.

I have been on a DMP for about 5 years, with the CCCS and check my balances at least twice a year. May be I am the exception to the rule.

Its a horrible situation which only compiunds the stress of being in debit.

Pete
    Proud to have dealt with our debts
    Starting debt 2005 £65.7K.
    Current debt ZERO.
    DEBT FREE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts