Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    loztiggy
    Beware karcheroutlet.co.uk
    • 18th Jan 11, 2:57 PM
    Beware karcheroutlet.co.uk 18th Jan 11 at 2:57 PM
    I ordered a Pressure washer from karcheroutlet.co.uk on december 16th, after numerous emails and calls advising nothing had arrived I finally received it on January 10th, and it was smashed to pieces.

I called the company up and they sent parcelforce round to collect the unit, And assured me another would arrive soon, yet nothing has come.

I have sent numerous emails since and had no reply, and when I call them nobody answers the phone. This has gone on for days now. Its as if they have dissappeared off the face of the earth.

So word of warning, DONT USE karcheroutlet.co.uk, Unless you are fond of losing money or being messed about.

I am just about to try and do a visa debit chargeback.
    Last edited by Former MSE Forum Manager; 21-02-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Page 1
    • Jeff Bridges hair
    • By Jeff Bridges hair 18th Jan 11, 3:12 PM
    • 5,974 Posts
    • 7,236 Thanks
    Jeff Bridges hair
    • 18th Jan 11, 3:12 PM
    • 18th Jan 11, 3:12 PM
    not a very nice looking website either even though they are registered in the uk.. Ideal world have these on all the time and yes its more money but you get the full kit with extension hoses and everything.. So please i got mine as cleaning the car is a bit much with out one.
  • loztiggy
    • 18th Jan 11, 3:21 PM
    • 18th Jan 11, 3:21 PM
    Hiya, the one I bought was a refurbished one, you got the bits and a patio cleaner extention with it (which i still have as he told me just to send back the unit itself), was only £40. I only actually need it to clean my back yard once a month or so, so dont really need a all singing all dancing one, just cant believe nobody answers the phones for days on end so im beginning to wonder if they have gone bust or something.
  • loztiggy
    • 18th Jan 11, 8:16 PM
    • 18th Jan 11, 8:16 PM
    Found similar reviews from the last few days, same story, I am guessing they have gone bust or something.
  • ictiger
    • 8th Feb 11, 11:41 AM
    • 8th Feb 11, 11:41 AM
    many thanks for the tip off;
    I wanted some accessories for a karcher steam cleaner (Karcher customer services was less than helpful and expensive
    anyway, after reading these comments and before placing the order at cleanstore (which was far cheaper than Karcher ) I filled in cleanstore's "contact us form and we'll reply within 15 minutes" on the web last Monday. A v. helpful guy called Mark called back within 10 minutes - he took the order and reassured me it would be delivered by Wednesday - all the items were actually delivered on Thursday. hope this helps
  • loztiggy
    • 8th Feb 11, 2:00 PM
    • 8th Feb 11, 2:00 PM
    I got mine eventually. It is really scruffy and well well used, and will only work for 5 minutes before needing a rest. Contacted them back and they couldnt care less, they didnt respond to my emails, calls or anything.

I would Excersise caution with this company.
    • deanos
    • By deanos 8th Feb 11, 4:53 PM
    • 10,625 Posts
    • 5,463 Thanks
    deanos
    • 8th Feb 11, 4:53 PM
    • 8th Feb 11, 4:53 PM
    I would email Karcher and let them know what's happening at the outlet that's using there name, they might be able to help you, Karcher service has been very good from my experience

http://www.karcher.de/uk/contact.htm
  • loztiggy
    • 8th Feb 11, 9:09 PM
    • 8th Feb 11, 9:09 PM
    Good Idea Deanos.
  • loztiggy
    • 10th Feb 11, 9:15 PM
    • 10th Feb 11, 9:15 PM
    Reported it to Karcher, and got a phonecall today from the outlet, offering me a free upgrade to a better model! Thanks deanos.
    • deanos
    • By deanos 11th Feb 11, 7:43 AM
    • 10,625 Posts
    • 5,463 Thanks
    deanos
    Reported it to Karcher, and got a phonecall today from the outlet, offering me a free upgrade to a better model! Thanks deanos.
    Originally posted by loztiggy
    Great service , glad its sorted
  • kevykat
    wish i seen this before.
    Just spent £130 on this site. opened the box and took out the washer, heaps of rattling about inside, opened it up incase it was a stone or something. Unfort it was not, the inside was totally smashed up and water !!!!ing out of it. this is totally pathetic. away to email karcher direct
  • loztiggy
    I emailed enquiries@karcher.co.uk and complained about the outlet and was promptly called and offered an upgrade.
  • kevykat
    so getting a new one sent out and getting something for my inconvenience dunno what though
  • smurfitt
    Karcher Outlet
    Website states 2-3 days for delivery. Still waiting 13 days later. They have no phone number but you can request a call through their website.
    However, they don't call and just send an email with promises of a 'no later than' date for delivery but still no goods.
    It appears I'm not the only one who has experienced problems with this outlet so will be contacting Karcher to complain.
  • ross58uk
    RE : Once you get through
    This is a very frustrating website, they didn't delivery after 3 weeks they called me back to say they no stock. The problem is they have no telephone number, I managed to finally get the number which 01293 778747. That is there customer service number.
  • abscomm
    No problems with Karcher Outlet now
    I have read all the comments here and I have to say that whatever bad experiences people may have had in the past, there was none of that with my recent purchase.

I ordered a refurbished Karcher unit at a very reasonable price. The website was very easy to navigate, all the contact information was very clearly displayed. My order was acknowledged immediately and emails were sent out at each stage of the order completion process. The unit arrived on my door step within 3 working days (it actually only took 2) as promised in pristine working condition, there were only a few very minor scratches on the casing which were entirley cosmetic as I would expect with a manufacturer refurbished model.

All in all, it was a wonderful purchasing experience and I would not hesitate one little bit in ordering from Karcher Outlet in the future if needs arise. I think Money Saving Expert should take heed of this and if not remove the previous comments then they should provide a disclaimer that the company in question Karcher Outlet in this case may have taken a good hard look at their operation and rectified previously existing problems.
    Last edited by abscomm; 07-01-2013 at 2:22 PM. Reason: Spelling mistakes
    • molerat
    • By molerat 7th Jan 13, 2:26 PM
    • 14,478 Posts
    • 8,899 Thanks
    molerat
    A newbie with just too much glowing praise ...... mmmmm .........
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • London50
    • By London50 7th Jan 13, 2:31 PM
    • 1,090 Posts
    • 1,006 Thanks
    London50
    And 7 MONTHS after the last comments.....mmmmmmmm.........
    • eschaton
    • By eschaton 7th Jan 13, 7:21 PM
    • 1,533 Posts
    • 1,247 Thanks
    eschaton
    A newbie with just too much glowing praise ...... mmmmm .........
    Originally posted by molerat

As dodgy as it looks, to be fair, the post may be accurate.

I ordered a Window Vac and a Vacuum for the car a few months ago. Great prices, very well packaged and fast delivery.

I would recommend and I definitely don't work for them
  • Sixchimnies Gundogs
    it seems the Karcher outlet is now owned/run by CleanStore .....who one of the older post in this thread referred to as being a better option...
    Ordered pressure washer yesterday - awaiting delivery this morning between 7.30 and 12 by Citilink, as confirmed by text message sent yesterday evening...

will let you know what happens
    Spaniels do it in the rough!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

323Posts Today

2,680Users online

Martin's Twitter