Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 29th Dec 10, 7:39 PM
    • 9,259Posts
    • 44,986Thanks
    Mooloo
    Mooloo's New Home, New Year and New Start part 3
    • 29th Dec 10, 7:39 PM
    Mooloo's New Home, New Year and New Start part 3 29th Dec 10 at 7:39 PM
    I have decided that its time to start the new thread thats been mentioned.
    I am now the proud Renter, of a Housing Association House, since they were able to find me a 3 bedroomed house, to accommodate the permanancy of my DGD, who I currently Foster.
    My DS is also living at home, (when he is here of late), and needed a room.
    We took over the tenancy on the 13th, but have only really just started to live here.

This year has been quite a year, with so many changes.

I hope that 2011 will become a year with less interuptions, less stress and a time where I can also enjoy my granddaughter, as well as time for myself.
    She is now 3, and should be getting some state assisted Nursery so things should continue as they were until I can find a Nursery nearer to me.

Molly, my friend on here, lives a few minutes away, and has pointed me in the direction of several options, and has made the move here less traumatic.

Money is often tight, and the income goes up and down, depending on which of the family is living at home and which is not.

I have been out of work for 2 years now! eek. I suffer with Cervical Spondylosis, and sciatica. Things are not always easy and I have now been allocated some Independant Living Allowance, to pay for some 10 hours help a week. My eldest Daughter, known on here as Biggest of Mooloo, although she hasnt posted in many a month, is now expecting my 4th grandchild, and is now no longer able to come and help me. She is also looking for somewhere to live and can no longer have DGD for respite care as she used to.

The twins are still a dilemma, but then they always have been.
    Twin1, mother of DGD, is struggling to keep her little house going, and often needs bailing out of difficulties. I have told her to re apply for DLA, but she still hasnt bothered.
    Twin2, mother of my two DGS's, is still fighting the Social Services to have her boys returned to her, with the help of her current BF, however as he is not the father of the boys, there is much hassle with the SS to allow him to even see the boys.
    Neither of the fathers are of much use, and we are going through some quite strenuous times with court cases. This will be continuing until at least May of 2011. The worst outcome, is that they will have to put the boys up for adoption. This is breaking my heart, and I feel so guilty that I cannot take the boys on. Even in the new house there would be no room, and I couldnt physically look after 3 children 3 and under.

I have a long term BF, but he is not living with me, and has no plans for us to live together. It breaks my heart at times, but in the end I realise that I have to just accept things as they are.

I am going into 2011 with a hope in my heart though, and am looking forward to making a decent garden out of the wilderness behind the house, MSE style as well.

I will again have to go through some financial changes, as the Guardianship of DGD is due to go to court this year, and then the benefits I can claim will be different. Again.

I am still fighting the SS for funding that they have owed me this last year, totally over £1,000.

So a year with some hope, and some massive changes afoot.

DS will be 18 in a few weeks time too! Hope he isnt expecting a big present! He had a sofa bed for Christmas.

The car is poorly sick, and has to go to the garage on the 4th. I already had to have a new exhaust a few days back, so its the obvious run of 3's??

Anyway, to those of you who have followed me through my trials and tribulations over the last 3 years, I hope that we have some good times to report and that the system for fostering is improved!
    If you are mad enough to follow me, I hope that I do not bore you too much. I tend to just write what I feel, and when I feel. I am quite an emotional person at times, and get quite frustrated with my physical difficulties that hamper my every day.
    Last edited by Mooloo; 29-12-2010 at 8:38 PM. Reason: oops 2012 wishing my life away!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
Page 1
  • Errata
    • 29th Dec 10, 7:49 PM
    • 29th Dec 10, 7:49 PM
    Hello - and welcome to your new thread
    Get the HA to clear your gardens of rubbish and cut the grass as soon as they feel the weather is good enough. Tell 'em you can do it up beautifully with flowers, fruit and veg and be a credit to them - but not until they've bottomed it for you!
    Happy new year to you, yours and to Molly and hers.
    .....................I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...
    • ifonlyitwaseasier
    • By ifonlyitwaseasier 29th Dec 10, 8:06 PM
    • 2,787 Posts
    • 20,347 Thanks
    ifonlyitwaseasier
    • 29th Dec 10, 8:06 PM
    • 29th Dec 10, 8:06 PM
    i'm looking forward to all the good things that are going to happen to you now mooloo

it's definitely your turn!
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• BallandChain
    • By BallandChain 29th Dec 10, 8:10 PM
    • 1,753 Posts
    • 1,893 Thanks
    BallandChain
    • 29th Dec 10, 8:10 PM
    • 29th Dec 10, 8:10 PM
    A new thread for a New Year and a new start. The time flies and before you know it Mooloo your DGD will be starting infants! Then you will have more time for you. Hoping that this year will be your year and wishing you lots of good wishes for the New Year.
    • gizmo111
    • By gizmo111 29th Dec 10, 8:21 PM
    • 2,261 Posts
    • 4,109 Thanks
    gizmo111
    • 29th Dec 10, 8:21 PM
    • 29th Dec 10, 8:21 PM
    Hi Mooloo,

Glad you are getting settled in at new home, sorry not been in touch but with the weather and illness and that xmas thing I've just not had time. Will post to you asap.

Take Care

PS - in your post did you mean 2011 or 2012? One of us may have just lost a year
    Mama read so much about the dangers of drinking alcohol and eating chocolate that she immediately gave up reading.
    • stressed.mum
    • By stressed.mum 29th Dec 10, 8:38 PM
    • 719 Posts
    • 3,242 Thanks
    stressed.mum
    • 29th Dec 10, 8:38 PM
    • 29th Dec 10, 8:38 PM
    Hi Mooloo hope 2011 is going to be your year and everything comes together. Hope the boys are returned to mum with the support she needs, DS manages to settle and DGD and mum can build a relationship. And you get some much needed rest and time with your BF

Stressed xxx
    Hoping to stick to the challenge this year!!
    Make £5 a day for 365 days - started Jan 17

YTD £ 435/£1785
    Cash - £ 415 Vouchers - £ 20
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 29th Dec 10, 8:53 PM
    • 9,259 Posts
    • 44,986 Thanks
    Mooloo
    • 29th Dec 10, 8:53 PM
    • 29th Dec 10, 8:53 PM
    Hi Mooloo,

Glad you are getting settled in at new home, sorry not been in touch but with the weather and illness and that xmas thing I've just not had time. Will post to you asap.

Take Care

PS - in your post did you mean 2011 or 2012? One of us may have just lost a year
    Originally posted by gizmo111

Oops changed it! I am wishing my life away!. God I dont think I could have waited for another year for the outcome of the boys case!.

No appologies needed for not being about, i could always PM if I had needed anything new to do.

I am going to ask the Housing Association about the garden as soon as it can be done.
    I still need to get as far as the top end of the garden!

Not sure how to plan it out until its been inspected, and its too wet to do that. I think that the rain today may have helped the snow to dissapear, but I havent looked out of the window this afternoon.

DGD is now in bed, and expecting me to also go up, but I think she has finally fallen asleep.

DS didnt come home in the end. No surprises there then. He now plans to come home tomorrow. So I will be stretching the chicken a bit.

I am trying to think about the best things I need for storage, and the shed is the first thing I will need to buy for storing the mower etc. Its under a sheet of plastic at the moment.

Thn I will want to line the cupboards under the stairs and use it for the over flow from the kitchen, my gadgets and baking things.
    I also have a myriad of cleaning things that I will use up before I buy anymore. All the things that used to be in my utility room.

Not to mention the storecupboard foods that I have brought with me.

The aim is to get back to menu planning, batch cooking etc, but I only have a small freezer now. Had to give the big one to twin2. No room for it.

Have decided that I will use the beach theme for the bathroom, as I already had some suitable stuff, and I will add to it when I can.
    I am liking the Cath kidston wallpaper, Boats. But not sure if it would be too much in such a small room. Molly may have to giveme some advise when she next comes to the house.

Molly is really not well at all. I am praying for her like mad. I hope that she will get better soon. We are going to have a Spa day that is courtesy of my eldest daughter. Something lovely for us to look forward too.

My claim for DLA has still not been sorted out. Must check that my doctor has replied to them.

The budget is the next thing to tackle, but its difficult to do that when I dont yet know what funding I am eligeable for. Something that I am beginning to realise is a constant problem in my life these last three years.

Anyway, enough rambling on for now.
    Onwards and upwards, and time to search out some Sheds to compare.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
    • duchy
    • By duchy 29th Dec 10, 9:00 PM
    • 17,988 Posts
    • 45,646 Thanks
    duchy
    • 29th Dec 10, 9:00 PM
    • 29th Dec 10, 9:00 PM
    Happy new diary Mooloo
    This is going to be a year of stability ahead-Just knowing you have the security of a HA tenency is going to make a massive difference I'm sure. Can't believe DGD is old enough that you're getting nursery funding-Time flies !
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

Apparently having a "Quirky and Hipster" wedding
    • MatyMoo
    • By MatyMoo 29th Dec 10, 9:02 PM
    • 2,817 Posts
    • 12,906 Thanks
    MatyMoo
    • 29th Dec 10, 9:02 PM
    • 29th Dec 10, 9:02 PM
    Another one mad enough to follow you here Mooloo

Wishing you a very peaceful 2011 in your new home and praying for good times for you and yours and Molly and hers.

Maty
    Proud Member of Mike's Mob
  • Errata
    Anyway, enough rambling on for now.
    Onwards and upwards, and time to search out some Sheds to compare
    Have a look in the local paper, or on the net, for a local shed company. They may have some demo models at a reduced price to make way for new models.
    .....................I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...
    • gizmo111
    • By gizmo111 29th Dec 10, 9:11 PM
    • 2,261 Posts
    • 4,109 Thanks
    gizmo111
    Oops changed it! I am wishing my life away!. God I dont think I could have waited for another year for the outcome of the boys case!.

I also have a myriad of cleaning things that I will use up before I buy anymore. All the things that used to be in my utility room.

Not to mention the storecupboard foods that I have brought with me.

The aim is to get back to menu planning, batch cooking etc, but I only have a small freezer now. Had to give the big one to twin2. No room for it.

Molly is really not well at all. I am praying for her like mad. I hope that she will get better soon. We are going to have a Spa day that is courtesy of my eldest daughter. Something lovely for us to look forward too.

Originally posted by Mooloo
    I'm here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=39674596&postcount=3753- I am going to make use of all that food and save me some money over the next couple of months.

Love to Molly - hope she gets better soon. Spa sounds great.
    Mama read so much about the dangers of drinking alcohol and eating chocolate that she immediately gave up reading.
    • rolo-polo1965
    • By rolo-polo1965 29th Dec 10, 9:16 PM
    • 642 Posts
    • 7,316 Thanks
    rolo-polo1965
    Welcome to a new thread Moloo.

Lets raise a glass or two to 2011.

I hope it is a better year for all of us!
    rolo-polo1965
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 29th Dec 10, 10:06 PM
    • 9,259 Posts
    • 44,986 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Think the store cupboard challenge is a good idea Gizmo. I shall have a good go, at reducing the stock pile of packets and tins that I had built up when I lived in the cottage, with no shops within 3 miles, and that closed down. Living here, there are shops within walking distance. (well maybe not mine, but DS's). Who knows if I am well in the summer months I might make it. Anyway, for now I need the cupboard space so its Menu Plan with the cupboard contents foremost in my mind.

Re raising a glass, to the new year etc, I shall have to join you with that another day, as I drank my bottle of wine yesterday! OOps. Well nearly actually there is some left come to think of it.

Have looked at sheds for quite a while. I need to sort out a base for one, and can get an 8ft x 6ft one for as little as £189.99! Amazing price.
    Fingers crossed that the garden is exploreable soon.

Now its time I went to bed. I had meant to have an early night! This is quite late for me.
  • floss2
    Happy new thread and happy new home Mooloo!

Shed base can be either concrete or flagstones....make sure whoever lays the base leaves a decent step outside to stand on so you don't end up with a muddy patch.

Also, can you put some free-standing wooden shelves (about £10-£12 from B&Q) in your pantry-to-be? That's what I have, one at the bottom end and one along the side, it leaves enough room to get the mop bucket, ironing board and Dyson in too.

Good luck with planning your garden - raspberries are good space fillers, and don't need much looking after once the first canes are in, except for picking & eating!

Best wishes for 2011 and beyond,

Love Floss xx
  • Js_Other_Half
    If you have room in the garden, get the biggest shed you can afford. In my experience with storage it's always better to have more ...lol. I'd also second the idea of free standing shelves, but this time in the shed if it's big enough.

Something like this might work? http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7017412/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CGarden+and+DIY%7C14418702/Trail/searchtext%3ESHELVING.htm
    The IVF worked;DS born 2006.
    • SingleSue
    • By SingleSue 30th Dec 10, 12:00 AM
    • 9,940 Posts
    • 55,725 Thanks
    SingleSue
    Oooohh shiny new thread!

I may not post much on your threads Mooloo but I always read them every day.
    Keep battling on, I will get there eventually..even if I don't know where there is! Eldests' diagnosis (4.5.10) is Ehlers Danlos Hypermobility type and now it looks like I have it too (13.1.11) eekk!
    • BallandChain
    • By BallandChain 30th Dec 10, 12:03 AM
    • 1,753 Posts
    • 1,893 Thanks
    BallandChain
    I just went to the Argos link Js Other Half posted and thought I'd look at the sheds. Here's one that is 8 x 7 ft was £299.95 now £199.95.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7056923.htm
  • Hardup Hester
    Hi Mooloo
    Good luck for the forthcoming year.
    Hugs Hester

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 30th Dec 10, 7:14 AM
    • 9,259 Posts
    • 44,986 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Shelving
    If you have room in the garden, get the biggest shed you can afford. In my experience with storage it's always better to have more ...lol. I'd also second the idea of free standing shelves, but this time in the shed if it's big enough.

Something like this might work? http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7017412/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CGarden+and+DIY%7C14418702/Trail/searchtext%3ESHELVING.htm
    Originally posted by Js_Other_Half

Many years ago, we had these shelves in the childrens bedrooms. They broke eventually, moving so often, taking them apart.
    I think that they will be great for the shed, but too deep for the cupboard under the stairs.
    I think I also need shelves that are closer together for the stairs. Especially if its any of the food stuffs storeage.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 30th Dec 10, 7:24 AM
    • 9,259 Posts
    • 44,986 Thanks
    Mooloo
    I just went to the Argos link Js Other Half posted and thought I'd look at the sheds. Here's one that is 8 x 7 ft was £299.95 now £199.95.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7056923.htm
    Originally posted by BallandChain

Like the look of that. Although I had wanted a shed with Windows originally. I will have to get permission for a shed this size. The Tenancy agreement says i can errect ! structure, 8ft x 6ft without permission.

The garden is big enough to take quite a substantial building as next door have a double garage at the bottom of thiers. (alas they have the space at the side of the house to drive a car up there, and my side of the fence doesnt.) I do wonder about the boundary, having been moved once upon a time, as the concrete posts for washing line, are justabout touching the fence. So no way I could hang washing there. It would just be on thier fence panels.

I have ordered a Rotary line and cover. Neat idea. The total is just under £100. But I should be able to get the washing dry even on a wet day.

Time to get a move on, find something clean to wear to go and see the boys. But I need to put my jeans on first to clear out the car of the plant pots etc etc so I dont get dirty.

Twin2 tells me that the psychologist is going to be observing our contact meeting today. I am not happy about that. I am sick of having to be observed to see my grandchildren as it is. Although ther should be no reason for that feeling. Its just a niggle that gets to me at times. I love to see the boys, and will not let it spoil our precious time together.

x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,661Posts Today

10,476Users online

Martin's Twitter