Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    Second job tax code?
    • #1
    • 19th Aug 04, 12:50 AM
    Second job tax code? 19th Aug 04 at 12:50 AM

    I currently work full time for 20,740 gross a year. I've recently bought a house and so to help oil the financial cogs I've started reading this site (thanks!) and started a Saturday job at a small IT company.

    However I am a little confused as to what my tax code should be at the new company. My tax code is 474L at my full time job but what should I expect at my new place? Should it be the same? Surely my allowances have been taken into account at my full time job so all the income from my second job should be taxed at 22%. (My total income doesn't take me into the upper bracket so that should make it simpler).

    I'm asking because they have never taken anyone before who already has a job and so they are asking me if I know what my tax code should be.

    I just want to make sure everything is above board and I don't get stuck with a big tax bill next year.


Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

261Posts Today

1,363Users online

Martin's Twitter