PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

the takeaway secret

Options
merlin1
merlin1 Posts: 715 Forumite
edited 21 May 2013 at 6:10PM in Old style MoneySaving
hi all, after a day of flying without crashing i have sat me bum down with a cup of tea, and thought i would put a recommendation for this book, The Takeaway Secret!

For anyone who likes takeaways this is an absolute gem! The kfc style chicken is damn near spot on, and the tandoori is perfect. the burgers are fab, simple little tips like what condiments to use to get that authentic taste - like gherkins pickled with dill for that maccy d's taste, and non brewed condiment on fish and chips it really is packed with all the favourites! it's got almost all the best takeaway foods from around the world.

I've had to order it for 4 other people since they see it, now they rave about too!

Apologies in advance if i am being a total noob and its something that you all have on your shelves! :D

Official MoneySavingExpert.com insert
: The Takeaway Secret shows how to recreate McMuffins, KFC, kebabs and more at home. Also if you scroll through the thread, you'll see MoneySaver's own hints and recipes to clone fast food.

Thanks to merlin1 for the fantastic post. The cheapest place to buy the book is Book Depository at £4.47, including delivery.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• kymbogs
    kymbogs Posts: 538 Forumite
    Options
    merlin1 wrote: »
    hi all, after a day of flying without crashing i have sat me bum down with a cup of tea, and thought i would put a recommendation for this book!

for anyone who likes takeaways this is an absolute gem! the kfc style chicken is damn near spot on, and the tandoori is perfect. the burgers are fab, simple little tips like what condiments to use to get that authentic taste - like gherkins pickled with dill for that maccy d's taste, and non brewed condiment on fish and chips it really is packed with all the favourites! it's got almost all the best takeaway foods from around the world.

i really dont want to sound like a running advert for this but its only £3.97 on amazon! i've had to order it for 4 other people since they see it, now they rave about too!

appologies in advance if i am being a total noob and its something that you all have on your shelves! :D

Thanks for this I think I'll get one as I really struggle with takeaway cravings and although I do make my own burgers, curry etc they are usually a. bit disappointing!
    :heartpulsSpoiling my two baby girls with love - it's free and it's fun!:heartpuls

I'm not very good at succinct. Why say something in 10 words when 100 will do?
  • merlin1
    Options
    you'll love it! the chap that wrote it developed a social phobia and couldnt leave the house, he missed his takeaways so researched and tested and tweaked til he got it right, his foreword and the subsequent chapter intro's make for a good read on their own. :cool:
  • purpleheather2810
    Options
    Sounds great, thanks for the recommendation!
    :D Skint but happy with my lovely family :D

Hypnotherapy rocks :j
  • fairtrade
    fairtrade Posts: 476 Forumite
    Options
    merlin1 wrote: »
    i really dont want to sound like a running advert for this but its only £3.97 on amazon! :D

I think the people from Amazon have read your post as it now up to £4.44:eek: but I have still ordered one! :j
    For myself I am an optimist - there does not seem to be much use being anything else.
    Sir Winston Churchill
  • gravitytolls
    gravitytolls Posts: 13,558 Forumite
    Options
    I take it the book's called Flying Without Crashing? If not, could you please provide a link. Apologies for sounding dim, but I've read the OP and for the life of me I can't see the book title or author!
    I ave a dodgy H, so sometimes I will sound dead common, on occasion dead stupid and rarely, pig ignorant. Sometimes I may be these things, but I will always blame it on my dodgy H.

Sorry, I'm a bit of a grumble weed today, no offence intended ... well it might be, but I'll be sorry.
  • merlin1
    Options
    fairtrade wrote: »
    I think the people from Amazon have read your post as it now up to £4.44:eek: but I have still ordered one! :j

ooopsy sorry! :rotfl:
    I take it the book's called Flying Without Crashing? If not, could you please provide a link. Apologies for sounding dim, but I've read the OP and for the life of me I can't see the book title or author!

:rotfl: the book title is " the takeaway secret" author is kenny mcgovern.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Takeaway-Secret-Cook-Favourite-Fast-food/dp/0716022354/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1281979443&sr=8-1

(it's me thats been flying without crashing today on the flylady thread!):D

ETA - i've done the tandoori chicken for us tonight, and will be seeing what his recipe for naan bread is like to go with it yum.
  • Bongedone
    Bongedone Posts: 2,457 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks. Ordered a copy.
  • elf06
    elf06 Posts: 1,547 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Me too. Got mine for £4.43 including the postage - never fails to amaze me that new ones can be cheaper than used ones!!!
    Emma :dance:

Aug GC - £88.17/£130
    NSD - target 18 days, so far 5!!
  • D&DD
    D&DD Posts: 4,405 Forumite
    Options
    I got one too:cool:
    Can't hide it from OH either as he's a postie and they give him all my amazon goodies to bring home :eek:

Anyone know where I can get another bookcase :rotfl:
  • merlin1
    Options
    excellent! post up everyone when it arrives eh?

i'm going to try one new recipe a week, although we have had the kfc style 3 times in 3 weeks! i dont deep fry it though, shallow fry til golden then finish in the oven.

what is good also is that he gives healthier cooking alternatives than the takeaway would do... a little less guilt, but its really much lighter on the pocket than ordering in! :rotfl: mind you having said that he has included subs and deli sandwiches too :cool:

ETA, my tandoori will be done soon so will review that soon! ttfn
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport