PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

UPDATED *its done!*Our buyer wants to bury their dead dog in our garden

henpecked1
henpecked1 Posts: 404 Forumite
edited 4 August 2010 at 8:28PM in House buying, renting & selling
Hope you can help. Our buyer turned up this am to say their dog had died and they wanted to bury it in our garden as they couldnt bear the thought of leaving her behind that their house when they move. They had the dog in the boot with a pitchfork.

I couldnt giv them an immediate answer as I was abit flummoxed in my Pajamas presented witha dead great dane.

Should i take this as a sign of commitment and let the bury the dog. I said I would let them know either way. I wouldnt want to jeapodise the sale...:A

Comments

• Tell them to pop the Great Dane in their freezer and they can bury it when they actually own the house
  • westv
    westv Posts: 6,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I'd say yes. Good for the plants.
  • hethmar
    hethmar Posts: 10,678 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Id say yes - these people are obviously committed to the house and to their dog. I know how difficult it will be for us to move with our dogs buried here. It took a lot of guts for them to come to you and ask.
  • delain
    delain Posts: 7,700 Forumite
    Goodness me! You open the door probably expecting to see the postman wanting you to sign for something and you get your buyers with their dead dog!

That's a good story for the grandkids in years to come anyway :rotfl:

At least they're commited to buying your house. Are you actually allowed to bury dogs in gardens? :think:

I'd say yes but make them write and sign a letter saying that it's their dog and they want it buried there in case they try to say anything about very large corpses turning up later on.

Off topic, we moved into a house once and when my mum was gardening she found the skeleton of a very large dog, bless her it was the ribcage she saw first and ran over the road to my grandad because she thought they were human remains!

She was very embarrassed when it was explained that the previous tenants bred large dogs :rotfl:
    Mum of several with a twisted sense of humour and a laundry obsession :o:o
  • henpecked1
    Just called them. They would like to bry him where the pond is at the moment. They said they were going to fill in the pond as they have a child. Problem is I keep Koi in it and I wasnt planning on taking them with me.

All seems a nightmare now. Yes the pond space would be ideal, but what do I do about the fish?
  • See? It's all a ploy to get you to cover the cost of removing the pond. it's probably not even their dog, they've just borrowed the corpse from a neighbour.

Tell them if they want to bury the blessed dog, they do it themselves at their own expense. Could you sell the koi? I would have thought that they might fetch a price worth all the aggro
  • delain
    delain Posts: 7,700 Forumite
    henpecked1 wrote: »
    Just called them. They would like to bry him where the pond is at the moment. They said they were going to fill in the pond as they have a child. Problem is I keep Koi in it and I wasnt planning on taking them with me.

All seems a nightmare now. Yes the pond space would be ideal, but what do I do about the fish?

Put them on Gumtree. Or tell them they're quite welcome to do what they want, as long as they find a suitable home for the fish and do the donkey work themselves.
    Mum of several with a twisted sense of humour and a laundry obsession :o:o
  • neas
    neas Posts: 3,801 Forumite
    they'd have to wait until you complete. Or if they are really inconveincing you you should ask for some compensation for your lost KOI.

Will you be getting a pond at your new place. While i understand their predicament i understand yours... until they've bought the house it isnt theirs... its still yours. You could empty your pond out and your koi could die off.... and they could pull out of the deal leaving you without the koi carp and maybe with a dead dog in your garden oO
  • Milliewilly
    Milliewilly Posts: 1,081 Forumite
    Why don't they have it cremated and bring the ashes with them?
  • henpecked1
    I would try gumtree but I would have half of nigeria wanting me to send them via Western Union.

The new place doesnt have a pond nor did i want another one as they are a bu g g er to maintain.

I will put an ad on freecycle for the Koi and see if anyone bites. Problem is, the buyer cant keep a great dane in the boot of his Ka all week whilst I get rid of them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure