Approved Foods thread

Hi guys, I have started a new thread to discuss Approved Food.

Please keep it friendly and discuss any offers and bargains you find.

What do you like, what disasters have you had?

Please discuss good and bad, but keep it in context.

Previous thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1807837&page=56

Did it Help You 6 votes

It Helped
50% 3 votes
I did not help
50% 3 votes

Comments

• COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    i have been fighting it ALL afternoon, but in the end i just had to order a few boxes of crisps:D

the cheeseburger and the beef and yorkshire puddings ones sound soooooooooooooooo lovely...

apart from the 4 packs of toilet rolls the rest is pure treats.... crisps, chocolates, sweets.....

sorry i did order a big outter box of cornflakes too:rotfl:
    Work to live= not live to work
  • Barneysmom
    Barneysmom Posts: 10,123
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi, is the loo roll any good please? I did order some but gave it to my daughter so haven't tried it?
  • Approved_Food
    Approved_Food Posts: 215 Organisation Representative
    Well everyone at AF uses it and it's one of our very best selling lines.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Approved Food. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Barneysmom wrote: »
    Hi, is the loo roll any good please? I did order some but gave it to my daughter so haven't tried it?

i find it ok, and its great value, ok its not triple velvet soft etc.. but at the end of the day.. you only use it once:rotfl:
  • hmc
    hmc Posts: 2,483
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    i wonder if they are still using the same delivery people?
    i want to order but cant waste 2 days waiting in again
  • EstherH
    EstherH Posts: 1,150 Forumite
    I love the Los Toros beef and bean soup. We got it at Aldi and it was obviously on special because it was in the centre not with the other soup. Don't have an Aldi near us, so couldn't pop back for extra. Then on my first visit to AF site after reading about it on here, found that they had it. Bought loads and have just ordered another 30odd cans. Building up a stock for winter.
    Second purse £101/100
    Third purse. £500 Saving for Christmas 2014
    ALREADY BANKED:
    £237 Christmas Savings 2013
    Stock Still not done a stock check.
    Started 9/5/2013.
  • i love approved food and have never had any problems with delivery before today.they seem to be using the courier "HOME" now.last time i ordered it was still 1hour delivery slots (which was fab!) but this was 3 hours, between 12 and 3pm apparantly.

it wasn't even very convenient but i waited in all afternoon and nothing turned up :(.i had to leave at 4pm and arrived home to the dreaded missed delivery card.now i have to reschedule delivery but as i'm going away tomorrow (admittedly this was unexpected when i placed my order over the weekend) i'm not quite sure how it's going to work.

it's such a shame because it's a cracking site and i've got many a bargain but lately so many people seem to be having delivery issues.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    maybe because of the time of the year, the delivery people have people off on holidays etc, so are short staffed i know it isnt an excuse, but its strange how its happening more, now its the summer holidays
  • Mothership
    Mothership Posts: 823 Forumite
    I bought a lot of stuff from them earlier in the year, 3 separate orders , on one of the orders, the delivery man told me that one of the boxes that had orange juice in it burst and it had been sent back, he moaned to me about the mess it had made of his van. I contacted them several times, was promised a refund from ANDREA several times, that never came. Seemingly the box was never returned to them, so what happened to it? there was a lot more than orange juice in it, things I had paid full price for, that couldn't have been damaged. A nice lucky for the delivery man or firm? Maybe, but I certainly didn't get it.
    I also paid extra for delivery, it wasn't a huge amount I lost £25-£30.

I would not recommend them.
    1st Purse £114.19 Monthly GB
    2nd Purse ££100
    :rotfl::j:wave::j:rotfl:
    Fridge Freezer £300 3rd Purse /£290.94
  • Mothership
    Mothership Posts: 823 Forumite
    Just saw the post about the loo roll, that was one of the things I did get. Farmfoods sell the exact same one 9 rolls for £2, its not that good. Bog standard LOL.
    Their kitchen towels are small and not worth the money. Farmfoods however have really good ones for £1 for two.
    1st Purse £114.19 Monthly GB
    2nd Purse ££100
    :rotfl::j:wave::j:rotfl:
    Fridge Freezer £300 3rd Purse /£290.94
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills