Laser Eye Surgery Cost Cutting Tips

Options

Comments

• BlackpoolRox
    Options
    Hi All,

I'm new to this forum but have been reading it for a while. I have just booked a consultation at Optimax Manchester so I would be interested in hearing from people who have been. Thanks to Sarah, I have just been looking on other forums and the general consensus is not good! Can anyone who has had surgery there (or anywhere in Manchester) give me any advice?

I had a consultation at Optical Express in the Trafford Centre 2 weeks ago and thought the consultation itself was very thorough but the service was a shambles, people were having to be rescheduled after waiting up to an hour, it didn't exactly instil me with confidence. Plus, I have found them to be extremely pushy, I've had several phone calls from them before and since the consultation, the latest one this morning despite me telling the guy who called last week that I'd made the decision not to have it done with them. I'm glad you had a good experience with them though Sarah, I can't wait until I've had my eyes done!

Thanks in advance!
  • ste_coxy
    ste_coxy Posts: 426 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All,

I'm new to this forum but have been reading it for a while. I have just booked a consultation at Optimax Manchester so I would be interested in hearing from people who have been. Thanks to Sarah, I have just been looking on other forums and the general consensus is not good! Can anyone who has had surgery there (or anywhere in Manchester) give me any advice?

I had a consultation at Optical Express in the Trafford Centre 2 weeks ago and thought the consultation itself was very thorough but the service was a shambles, people were having to be rescheduled after waiting up to an hour, it didn't exactly instil me with confidence. Plus, I have found them to be extremely pushy, I've had several phone calls from them before and since the consultation, the latest one this morning despite me telling the guy who called last week that I'd made the decision not to have it done with them. I'm glad you had a good experience with them though Sarah, I can't wait until I've had my eyes done!

Thanks in advance!

I have had a consultation from Optimax and Optical Express both in Manchester, I did not experience any of the horror stories I had read about at Optimax at all - very friendly, really professional and thorough so much so I decided to book in for the top spec Lasik with Wavefront. Managed to get it for £1995 2 years interest free - the surgery is booked in for the bank holiday weekend in August. The offer is somewhere on this thread i am sure coz i remember posting it! Let me know how you get on!

I found Optical Express rather pushy and phone call after phone call even though I had already booked in for a consultation. They didn't offer as good finance options and so thats why I have opted for Optimax.
  • BlackpoolRox
    Options
    Thanks Ste_coxy, I guess I will have to make my own mind up when I go. Yeah I spotted that offer and have printed the page off. Did you mention it before your consultation or did you just present the page once you were there?

My consultation is booked for 13th August (I wear RPG lenses so have to wait 3 weeks) and will def let you know how I find it. Will you let me know how you get on with the surgery? Cheers!
  • ste_coxy
    Options
    Thanks Ste_coxy, I guess I will have to make my own mind up when I go. Yeah I spotted that offer and have printed the page off. Did you mention it before your consultation or did you just present the page once you were there?

My consultation is booked for 13th August (I wear RPG lenses so have to wait 3 weeks) and will def let you know how I find it. Will you let me know how you get on with the surgery? Cheers!

Yeah it will be fine to just show them the form when you arrive at the consultation - they will do some tests with you first, they take about 30 mins or so, they will put drops in your eyes that make them a bit sensitive to light so might be worth bringing sun glasses with you! They will then let you speak to someone who gives you the details on the prices - thats when to show the offer you have printed off. Mine was quoted at about £3500 so to get it down to £1995 was ace :)

Yeah I will keep you posted - hasn't hit me that i'm getting it done yet - bit nervous but excited too - no more walking around half blind!
  • trynsave
    trynsave Posts: 812 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have just been sent an email offering both eyes for £1785

HalfPriceAugust_Heading.jpg [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+3]1/2 Price Laser Eye Treatment
    + 12 months Interest Free Credit
    [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+2]for everybody*[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+2]Our most advanced treatment
    £3,570 is now £1,785 to both eyes[SIZE=+1]†[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE][/FONT]
    HP0809Image.jpg
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dear *****[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Our half price offer is so successful with many people taking advantage to save money & reduce the hassle of glasses and contact lenses. However, many of you told us that treatment was not convenient at that time, so we are continuing with our Half Price offer until August 2009!

Our most advanced treatment IntraLase® LASIK Wavefront is the safest and most effective procedure to date offering the best results and rapid recovery, in fact you could be back at work the next day

[/FONT]BlueCheckMark.gif[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 1/2 PRICE, call before end of August 2009
    BlueCheckMark.gif Every one is offered 12 months interest free credit = £148.75 per month
    BlueCheckMark.gif[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] FREE Consultation[/FONT]
    BlueCheckMark.gif[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Lifetime Aftercare Guarantee[/FONT]

A recent survey shows that patients:

BlueCheckMark.gif Gain confidence and freedom
    BlueCheckMark.gif Wake up and see
    BlueCheckMark.gif Have improved performance in sports
    BlueCheckMark.gif Look and feel more attractive
    BlueCheckMark.gif Save money in the long term
    [/FONT]
    Bookconsultationbluebutton.jpg
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Book your consultation onlineor Call 0845 688 9270 and quote EHP 08 09 to find out if you are suitable[/FONT]
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All,

Thanks in advance!

I had my eyes done at Optimax in Manchester. Their service was very good, but I would not recomend them. Apparently 99% of patients have a successful treatment, but you need to think carefully about the risks involved.

Before surgery I needed glasses for distance. After surgery I need glasses for distance AND reading :mad:
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • BlackpoolRox
    Options
    Sorry to bump, but thought ste_coxy might like to know that I emailed my cousin who had laser eye surgery done last year in Mcr. He had it done at Optimax and was very happy with the service and the results. Its reassured me as I was starting to get a bit nervous about all the negativity towards the place but my cousin would have chosen the best possible place regardless of price. (Whereas I'm trying to get the best possible treatment for the best possible price!)

Missile, sorry to hear it didn't go as planned for you, have you had an explanation as to why or have they offered to re-do the procedure for you?
  • Ivrytwr3
    Ivrytwr3 Posts: 6,282 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm very interested in the half price offer, but the offer says "wavefront lasik" Is this not just for irregular shaped eyes?
  • Ivrytwr3
    Ivrytwr3 Posts: 6,282 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    and any preference on which is the better branch? Peterborough or Nottingham?
  • ste_coxy
    Options
    Ivrytwr3 wrote: »
    I'm very interested in the half price offer, but the offer says "wavefront lasik" Is this not just for irregular shaped eyes?

http://www.optimax.co.uk/Default.aspx?page=6874

Have a read up on there - it's not just for irregular shaped eyes. It accurately maps a person eye shape, which gives better results than ordinary laser methods
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure