PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 12th March 2018

Options

Comments

• Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all. My day has been spent in bed -with a migraine. Have had to get up now as I'm going to a wedding dress fitting with DD soon.

My DH does just about all of our food shopping, usually gets extras, doesn't always bring home a receipt but at least I don't have to go often. Today's extra was BBQ Pr1ngles for me, so I'm not complaining today.

See you all tomorrow.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,000 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Jazee wrote: »
    My DH does just about all of our food shopping, usually gets extras, doesn't always bring home a receipt but at least I don't have to go often. Today's extra was BBQ Pr1ngles for me, so I'm not complaining today.

See you all tomorrow.

See this is why I don't like sending OH.. battenberg.. wotsits.. mini eggs... what part of 'slinky' do they not understand??? I appreciate he wants to get me nice things but really.. stop!!

He is supposed to pay the food shop.. but he buys rubbish at the start of the month and I end up paying for the other half on top of paying everything else.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • pigpen
    Options
    Fabulous.. DS2 is vomiting AGAIN!!! 5 days now!! This is really not good.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,427 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    GWS vibes to pigpen's DS2 and Jazee.

2 hours of zzz decluttered, Rosie has been walked for an hour, and I have cooked tea. Now back to the translation.
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Jojo_the_Tightfisted Posts: 27,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 14 March 2018 at 8:40PM
    Options
    Himself actually made a start on some washing up about 5 minutes before I crawled in through the door tonight - 52 minutes later than I usually come home (was at work until 8.30pm yesterday and it's going to be about 10pm for the next two nights). Which was nice, especially as the kitchen was littered with leftover food festering uncovered all over the place from Sunday onwards.

Has just started cooking now. I suggested sweet potato wedges and a beanburger. Sounds like the beanburger (if that's what he's bought - there's no guarantee with him) is going to be fried, rather than baked at the same time as the wedges. And he hasn't started cutting the things up yet.

Dammit. Just found a Missed Delivery notice. That means I won't get my replacement Sharps bin this week (the company that delivered my injections and collected the old bin didn't bother to hand over the replacement I order when I did the stock check. And Himself blithely handed the full one over, claiming I didn't say I should be getting a replacement. Like it's normal to shove cytotoxic sharps into a carrier bag hung on the cupboard door? What in blazes do you think I'm going to do if you hand over the legally required receptacle and TELL YOU FIVE TIMES that the delivery should include a Sharps Bin? I've had to miss my injection this week as a result :mad:.)

Got a pointed message to say I'd given somebody an old tenner amongst other cash and it wasn't legal tender. They received an equally pointedly worded (ie, factual, with nothing indicating my internal narrative) that it was given to them in February when it was still legal tender and [the bank they hold accounts with] still accepts them and will do until June. I didn't query why it's taken them three and a half weeks to get around to doing the banking and are having a go at me about it. After yesterday, which for various reasons I won't go into but resulted in my spending the day nursing a cold pack on my hand, it wasn't the sort of message I took kindly to when run off my feet all day and I had a whole 4 and a half minutes to sit down and check my emails.

:mad: :mad: :mad:
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,843 Forumite
    Options
    Jazee hope you feel better soon.

Piggers hopes the bug goes away soon.

Dinner done
    Sorting of another heap done
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • pigpen
    Options
    Jojo.. if you contact the GP surgery they should do you a small sharps bin as a temporary thing.. you shouldn't miss your injection.. we have stored used needles in a takeaway tub while we got a replacement.. you don't have silly little people likely to play in them so as long as the mogs are protected it is likely to be fine for a day or 2.. we have been using them for years. Our hospital is happy to hand them out but I have known the staff a long time and just say we have had issues getting a replacement and they tut about the poor service and hand one over.

Tesc0 list written... baby ready for bed.. so out into the darkness we go!
  • pigpen
    Options
    silly question... spray in hair colour?... I promised Dot bright pink for summer... which is best? She has fairly dark brown hair so it needs to be good! Obviously, she is 6 I am not going to bleach it then dye her pink.. but I am encouraging her uniqueness because we all need a bit of crazy in our life right?
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    silly question... spray in hair colour?... I promised Dot bright pink for summer... which is best? She has fairly dark brown hair so it needs to be good! Obviously, she is 6 I am not going to bleach it then dye her pink.. but I am encouraging her uniqueness because we all need a bit of crazy in our life right?

Something like the L'Oreal Colorista ones should show up.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family