PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Grrr, poor you PK, it's so annoying when that happens...
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 August 2017 at 11:11PM
    Options
    Everything's in trump-dysfunctional mode. Not long in. Dislike darkness falling ever sooner.
    #
    However -

1. Mending, fixing, finishing, sewing outdoors, with company of teen robin, so close, well within a foot of &'s toes!

2. Onto Wildlife Moment 1.
    This lively little survivor, still slightly speckly, is behaving>& like gosling>1st thing seen post-hatch. & chats with him, supplies munch, as for all wings. Moved Lullington Castle lavenders to drink pre-planting, which still hasn't happened, après tout. Drinking spot is outside no.2 shed and that's where robin was, scrabbling, panicking, squeaking, trapped inside between window and curtain.
    &: 'How on Earth have you found your way in there? Stop flapping, you'll hurt yourself'.' No.2 shed is locked, solid, with enzed friends' van roof cut-outs[solar e'thg now fitted, supplying all own leccie] and build-out bits and ply all wrapped and stacked tightly against it. Out front, & called for enzed F's assistance. In short, took about 45 mins to move, unlock, give space, before prisoner flew. Told him firmly not to be so silly again, please. Still no idea how he found his way in. Tmrw will be the test.

3. Was then too late for 2 appts, but secured LAST packet of emporium Lemon yum-yums for J, even at full-price [&, how could this be?] Enzed F joins enzed J tmrw, 1st nursing assignment over, but another already in place. F will be back in garden room for a few days while various coats of boat varnish are meticulously applied/dried. Incredible joinery, engineering solutions and space-saving cabinet-makery inside. All beautifully done/finished to immaculate standard.

4. Wildlife moment 2.
    In the dregs of half-light, saw v.small hedgehog foraging across back. Was v. glad he didn't skitter away as & unlocked tall gate going in. Thought 'You must be a newbie, little chap.' Moved along path, still, quiet and YES! From under no. 2 shed,came middle-sized mother[& assumption, as per last year], then, from raspberries on left, out came Big Boy......
    Have been cleaning out old small garden pots. Fresh space under the potting table now. In the end, went indoors, another key in yale lock to enter, kitchen light on. They just carried on, snuffling about, unphased. All that & reads of them and their mysterious little lives is countered by observed behaviour here. As with feathereds, frogs and toads, & always feels privileged.

5. Ratatouille, started yesterday, in ad hoc slow cooker, is divine. bop - regret another copycat by &. Had to head out for tom. pur!e, in disbelief at not having any. Store cupboard FAIL. rtc peppers, aubergine, toms, onion, umpty-garlics, end of special 5 litres of 2013 medaille d'or Var huile d'olive...other ingredients may have been available. Anyway, it's stonking Real Food. A Brownie point, please.
    #
    On lean and means and freezer use ups until departure. Hoping for decent Spits this week and next 2. Brexitry does not for happy euros make.
    #
    vjm>daughter - just a little guingette with this astonishing 'Breaking Bard', part-heard en route this arvo:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07k01bn

Not liking Will Grundy or Anesha much atm....some will know of wot&speaks. Slight improvement, since departure of the o'connor persflage, who/which should never have arrived. Still too much straining for fx.
    ~
    Nightynight from &, never in step yet:-)))
    ~~~
    Well, everything posted just now, but for p.s. relishing your holiday by reading, mrslw.

Think dd must have rummaged it into her post, for which & should therefore say Merci)))
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sounds amazing mrslurchwalker
    1) day 1 of annual leave (sadly have to go in Tuesday and Thursday but will claw back)
    2) as mrpiano is away for two weeks, with his permission we are using his room to help sort things - his bed is now under a ton of dd2's clothes and dd2's room is clean and fresh
    3) gbf came round and helped her thrown out loads of shoes Mari kondo style vjsmum you'd be proud
    4) 2 trips to the dump. Dd1 made yummy lentil soup with red Thai paste. Very warming!
    5) dinner at mum's then band practice for me and dd1. A very good day.
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    Options
    1. Sti!l relatively pain free.

2. Work was reasonable. Had appointed with occupational health about my back. She has suggested a couple of things to my manager. It may be listened too but not likely!!

3. Very little traffic on the drive to work and home which all helps.

4. Sat with DH in the garden with coffee - to keep warm!! It was relaxing and i love watching the bats.

5. Easy tea. DH has a ready meal ,I think the last one from his mum, I just had ratatouille and DS2 cooked his own.

6. DS1 had a good first day at work in his new office. He says it seems more relaxed and he also likes the people. Hopefully it will continue to go well.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,211 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just about to go a quick dog walk whilst tea is cooking then have bereavement counselling.

Work- blah, the longest 3 hours of my week on a Tuesday but I get paid to be bored.

Home . Very blustery day. Windy dog walk.

Sorting continues, trying to prepare garage for garage sale . Found $170 worth of cash in lira , Swiss francs and oz dollars from 2008-2010. In OHs expenses folder! Thank you

Had a bath. I was just sooo cold.

Made a savoury mince pie with RTC mince and a small rhubarb and apple crumble from fruit lurking in the freezer, our own rhubarb from goodness knows when!

Took a couple of plants down to neighbours.

Met my other neighbour this morning , whilst her huge bernese mountain dog was having a blow dry in the mobile dog wash van! Her husband is continuing to recover well after his surgery, isn't modern medicine amazing?

Hearing the blackbirds sing this morning as I was going to work. Our local blackbird family were decamped when next door got their hedge cut down a few months ago and I've not seen them since.

Have a good day :)
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Morning :)

MrsLW.......wow! What an amazing holiday!

Monday

1. Hair appt at new salon. Nice experience. Ended up with usual haircut, as can't really do much with my hair :rotfl: 1/2 price, as 1st visit, but I have booked again for half term. Will be expensive, but I don't go very often.:o

2. Mostly packed for hols. Hard work, as used the opportunity to continue clearing out stuff from the wardrobes and drawers. Now have a big bag of stuff to donate to CS. Big box for EBaying. And a few bits for the sewing pile. More room in the bedroom. :j

3. Coffee in Caffè Nero after hair appt. (Free on loyalty card). took a selfie to send to DD. (Did not do selfie face :D ). DD said hair looked nice. Caught up on texts with friends etc. Nice. :)

4. Using up fridge stuff continues. BBQ leftovers for lunch. RTC Chinese meal for 2 for tea plus the last bit of trifle.

5. Managed to sleep all night last night. Only woke briefly a few times. Owl heat pad definitely helping with back ache. Did get sucked into YouTube video hell of advice videos, but had a word with myself.

6. Sold a few things on EBay, so will post them today. Another bag of stuff gone! Relisted unsold stuff, lowered price, scheduled for when we are away, so can post anything straight away on return. ;)

Leaping up to get a few last minute things done. Have a lovely day. :)
  • Just thinking that Frith goes down south on hols and then cannot get out of her mind the effect BoP has on everyone! I cannot remember why now I changed from TILAMS or how I picked Perranporth, but thought it had a certain clang to it!

5 For those who know about these things and others magnets as well, I has just heard that down the road from the mill, the arrows of red will be doing a fly pass tomorrow, to celebrate the achievement of collaboration and ingenuity. The Concorde museum at Filton. It will be in the afternoon!
    4 Meanwhile at the mill cv is refreshed as negoitiations are struck. The millwright has done a runner, so no news at the moment. Usual rule of BoP applies. Pension day is closer than yesterday, and no Sparra, no bus pass the now.

3 Berry Berry again this week at work, proper foods and no foam here. Sent off with a lean rasher, with haricot beans in sauce of tom. Cheese has been tasted, proper cheese not that expensive string stuff that is pulped and extruded like toothpaste! Berries this week are blue and straw. Proper cakes of Jaffa, on offer the now at the 8wsr emporium. Mind you at the mill, someone last week bought in the sugar infused year old donuts, the ones in the tray you see on the motorway at extortionate prices. There are about six left., and I think they will make Christmas 2018! Avoid!

2 Just got the money through for the next batch of shows on Broadway. Looks good for the birthday of BoP this year, Time Square it is.BB Kings will be done as well, so I will get a new set of pastry brushed ready for the top hats and cymbals. More later!

And with that, get on with your day!
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    1 A nice workday is complete
    2 Managing to cobble together chicken and 3 veg pasta from very little and not caving to bad food.
    3 I have had great feedback on a role and have a phone interview later this week, it sounds fantastic, but I have advised them I’m not rushing and they seem happy so we will see.
    4 Dad isn’t so good, but I am grateful for some support from DB it has helped to talk things through, I’m back over tomorrow.
    5 I’ve booked some tickets for a little Christmas rock and roll show
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,955 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evenin' all

Pleasures for today

1. Had a nice lunch with another ex-colleague. Was able to help give her some focus for her PhD proposal
    2. Had good walks to and from stations
    3. finished my kindle book - it should have been brilliant as was a great idea but was a little..... lacking. Still it's finished now
    4. left over curry from the freezer for tea
    5 cleaned my filthy kitchen. hate being away when everyone else is home. No-one cleans anything...

Have a good rest of evening all..
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    Options
    1. Worked with friendly collegue. It was an ok day. Tried to get a printer reinstalled on my computer. I'm not sure whether it was successful as 3 hours later it was time to go home!!

2. DS2 cooked tea and a better son than I am wife as he cooked kidneys for DH. The smell of them makes me feel ill.

3. Planted some plants and have decided where to move other plants to.

4. Reading a book in the garden with a coffee.

5. Seeing frogs in the garden.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure