PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    VJsmum ... unknown 7 year old sons / nephews :eek:

Some recent pleasures

1. little robin singing his heart out on the roof of work building
    2. lighter mornings
    3. puppy walking again now that my ankle is recovered - but she did twist knuckle of middle finger when I tried to grab her collar to put lead back on and she threw herself on the floor and twisted onto her back ouch ... knuckle now black and swollen... need danger money with this lab puppy !!
    4. ordered new clothes and am now in size 12 jeans after losing almost a stone
    5. ordered clothes from George delivered free to store and don't even have to go inside to collect, just drive-thru and they bring it to your car :D
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • BoP is active on Broadway 46th street. TGi Friday’s. wobbleades are being consumed. Hi Mila. I got let inn again!
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    BoP so excited for you both. Hope NYC is looking festive.

Saturday

1. Got the Christmas mugs out. :j Sadly, one has chipped. Did not notice this when I got them from JL last year. :mad: Drinking Chai from one of them now. :)

2. Got lots of things ticked off the 'to do' list. Posted bike we sold on eBay. Friend came to fix kitchen light. He also brought logs for the log burner. Got DS2 belt for his cadets uniform etc. Etc.

3. Voucher fest......£3 off box of Krispy creme donuts. (Coupon found in the street). Local theatre runs a scheme to offer tickets to some shows at greatly reduced prices if you live in our postcode. Got tickets for 2 shows. Lady at box office was v. Impressed. Presumably people do not take up the offer very often! Then to posh cafe with free coffee voucher.......went mad and shared cake with DH. :rotfl:

4. Fireworks at park in next town. Best it has been for ages.

5. Chilli at friends house afterwards with Krispy Creme donuts for desert.

Have a great Sunday :)
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    For the last couple of days as slept in yesterday morning till 7 but awake at 5 this morning.

For Friday
    1. Had a tree cut down on the garden. A old Christmas tree which must have been 30 years old. Cost was reasonable and left very tidy.
    May use some of the wood as stepping stones. Garden is much lighter.

2. Spent time in the garden. The chickens enjoyed being out.

3. Emptied hall cupboard and removed coat hooks and shelves. Painted the shelves which were looking tatty and look much better now.

4. Managed to throw out more rubbish.

5. Friend called round and her back is improving which is good.

For Saturday

1. Slept in. Made morning a bit of a rush but still did physio exercises.

2. Met a friend in local town which was lovely seeing her. It has been a few months since we had seen each other.

2. Paid money including change and cheques into the bank. It saved a separate trip. My bank balance is slightly healthier.

3. Caught train to a station near DH work and then went to watch DS2play rugby. DH drove.

4. Nice club and both my sister's and families came to watch him. Good catching up with them. DS2 team lost fairly badly and he came off injured he hurt his back.I

5. Home and had a bonfire and watched fireworks in the distance some closer than others.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,211 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning from land of frost! Beautiful sky this morning with a full moon and clear.

My Saturday went by okay.

After my rough night and Haggis' even rougher night! Was still a bit subdued yesterday but we've both had a full nights sleep and he seems brighter today. Had to wait for his rice and chicken this morning.

My mum came round ( difficult relationship) and it was okay.

Parboiled and froze some RTC sprouts in anticipation of Christmas!
    Have already started on my parsnips!

Started painting son's room , just doing white but having to paint over badly painted walls . I'm just heading up to do its second coat.

Took the car out as far as tesco. Much more powerful than my wee Autsralian car!

Met DD1's best friend from here and DD2's bestie from when we lived here...funnily enough they are all grown up too! Nice to see them.

Bought chicken for my dog boy. He seems to have tolerated it.

Caught up on iplayer whilst painting.

The joys of being a single parent dog owner...we both got soaked last night as the rain lashed down! I'm trying to train him to stand at front porch and shake there rather than in my hallway!

Then got to watch Casualty in real time! It was my Sunday morning treat before!

I've had a lovely long chat with DD1 this morning.

I'm off up to start painting again!

Have a lovely Sunday :)
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Pleasures for sunday

1. let puppy out at 5.30am between showers. Fed and played with her then back to bed till 9am

2. walked puppy in the rain. Field was empty so let her off lead to play with ball

3. thankfully she hasn't learned to shake yet Mhags :rotfl: she let me dry her off with an old bit of recycled bath towel without going mental and trying to eat it

4. both of us had a snooze on the sofa :o

5. bought some boneless ribs, corn cobs & potato wedges and ice cream for dinner with DS, used a £1 off voucher and got 4 pints of milk, saved at least £10 on cost of a takeaway for us both. Paid for out of food budget.
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Wobbleades consumed. We is inn town five minutes and drunk them out of Bud Light!

More later!
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    I just needed to reboot the computer and lost a rather long post, hey ho rather abbreviated

1 Enjoying the Blue planet 2 series.

2 Acquired some small wine bottles perfect for the hm blackberry brandies they are being sterilised before being included in a dish wash, considering glittering them..

3 Seriously gave thought to Christmas lights as it’s so dull, but settled on a couple of candles instead.

4 Bad planning - I ran out of bread for work sarnies so had to pop out for it, wow what a mistake Mr T on a Sunday what an eye opener, went in for bread, came out 3 mins later with bread. Phew.

5 Washing loads hanging about to dry, dehydrator still on the go, I need to do some RTC drive byes to see if we can pick up some fresh things reduced.

6 Thankfully our furry friends couldn’t care less about the bangs and noises going on around.

7 Really enjoying being back to basics at the moment, the kitchen smells amazing DH has created jars with dried tomatoes, olive oil and rosemary in, and I’m making most things from scratch to help with the weight loss, of course not including the smarties cookies with yellow labels that seemed to have made their way over lol….
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,211 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    For Sunday

Second coat of paint gone on but the slime green needs another coat to hide it!

Was standing on a stool painting and saw a friend go by so after a knock on the window she came in for a cuppa.

Long soaky bath.

A few short walks , hopefully back to normal walking tomorrow , I haven't wanted to tire him out too much after being a wee soul.

Went for afternoon tea with niece and her to be MIL and great niece. Nice enough food and setting was lovely ( but have had nicer afternoon teas though)

Then friend was heading up to big shopping centre so picked me up. I may have bought a pair of boots. Red ankle boots from Fly.

Saw lots of fireworks from the motorway on way home.

Heading to bed soon. It's cold tonight. Gritter lorry sprayed Haggis and I on our walk earlier.

One more day without stuff and then I will be wondering where to put everything!

Lots of blooming fireworks going off but thankfully dog boy isn't too bothered. Our local display was canceled this year so looks like lots of people have been buying them ...which is illegal in Victoria. So it seems odd to see it here again.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Back from my retreat. It was so lovely
    1) got to know couple new to church as they were my lift to cumbrae
    2) excellent leader at retreat. Just enough and not too much leading, lots of silence
    3) and lots of food and even a bit of drink and lots of laughter when we weren’t doing silent bits
    4) home in time for fireworks
    5) then long soak in the bath with lush bath bomb, present from dd1
    Hope haggis getting better mhags
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills