Slimming World - Extra Easy weight loss!!

Options

Comments

• miamoo
    miamoo Posts: 1,694 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone, payday tommorow thanks goodness:D green day

Brekkie- weetabix and milk (hea +b)
    Dinner- cottage cheese jacket potato
    Tea- I have a chicken breast, and either cous cous or pasta sauce not very healthy today, and abit boring but still on plan just.

Snacks 1 activia fat free. small pot baked beans lol!

Goodluck today everyone!:D
    £100 - £10,000
  • shopaholic232
    Options
    Hi everyone thanks for the replys. i do see what you mean about needing to go to a class first i was thinking i would take a look online for the books but i dunno if that will be enough?
  • bright_side
    bright_side Posts: 1,799 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You'll probably find it cheaper to just go to one class to get your books - they're generally very pricey online!
    Some people see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty - the enlightened are simply grateful to have a glass :)
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Well done to the "losers" :T

My EE meals for today go:-
    1. 250ml semi milk (A)
    2. brekkie -apple
    3. Lunch -carrots, onions, parsnips, red pepper roasted in 1/2tsp xtra virgin olive oil (1 syn) and leftover roast chicken
    4. Dinner -Huge salad, ham and steamed potatoes
    "inbetweenies" -apples/oranges and I might splash out 8 syns on a yoghurt

Its a lovely day here -hope it lasts as tomorrow we are going to start taking an evening walk around the nearby lake on a daily basis -weather permitting...
    Hopefully my booklets will arrive soon so I can settle down and have a good read and pick out some new meal ideas ...I ordered 4 of the "100 recipe" books too :p
    Have a good day evryone
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    whoopidoo wrote: »
    Sounds yum nic2075 :D How do you make the bubble & squeak patties ? Is it normal mash and cabbage? How do you syn the mash? I loves bubble and squeak but haven't had it because of the milk and marg that goes in the mash.

Hi, I just used left over cooked cabbage mixed with mash with no butter or marg. I added salt & pepper, course grain mustard (1syn) and our health extras of cheese, bound it all together with an egg, make into burger shapes, chill for an hour then pan fry in fry lite. You only need to syn the mustard and count your cheese,

The spicy beans are, spring onion, red chilli and curry powder cooked a little in fry lite then add a tin of beans and some coriander. Serve with a poached egg. its divine.

The recipe was in a spring mag last year, im afraid I cant find it to tell you which one. Its also in a little booklet that came with a mag before xmas to celebrate Slimming worlds 40th birthday ( I cant find that booklet either)
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • nic2075
    Options
    Hi everyone thanks for the replys. i do see what you mean about needing to go to a class first i was thinking i would take a look online for the books but i dunno if that will be enough?

As Karen said the books online go for a fortune. Just going to one class is great as you get your full pack and it all explained properly to you. You might really enjoy it and want to go back each week. Ive tried it both ways and I feel I really need to go to a group as it gives me the motivation to lose knowing im going to be weighed. Ive done it at home for a bit but I was never as strict.

Feel free to ask us any questions and we will help, but if you dont get the full explanation of the plans you may think you are doing everything right but one small thing each day could scupper the whole thing.

As you may have read on here and previous threads, the plans do work and its a healthy way to lose weight as you start to eat a more balanced diet. Ive also done weight watchers and Scottish slimmers and I was hungry, cranky and used my points in unhealthy options.I still lost weight at the same rate as Ive lost on Slimming world.
  • miamoo
    miamoo Posts: 1,694 Forumite
    Options
    Well my DD has eaten my cottage cheese and put the empty pot back in the fridge, so its Jacket and beans for dinner!
    kids dont you just love 'em!
    £100 - £10,000
  • nic2075
    Options
    miamoo wrote: »
    Well my DD has eaten my cottage cheese and put the empty pot back in the fridge, so its Jacket and beans for dinner!
    kids dont you just love 'em!

its usually my oh who does that. Hope you werent looking forward to it too much.
  • recovering_spendaholic
    Options
    Hi everyone - well I got through yesterday Ok:

Breakfast - 42g all bran (heb) with banana and ss milk (hea) and 28g sultanas (4 syns)

Lunch - cold boiled pasta, peppers, onions, cucumber, tomatoes, carrots, tuna in brine and dressing made with extra light salad cream and hellmanns extra light mayo (3syns)

Dinner - hm chilli made with extra lean mince, tomatoes, onions, peppers, tomato puree (0.5 syns) and baked beans, 100g rooster oven chips (2 syns)

I was wondering how big my portions should be. I can eat ALOT of food (which may have something to do with my size;)) and feel that I ate alot of food yesterday. For instance the chilli was made with 700g mince and one and a half large tins of beans. I had a portion last night, have just had another one for my lunch today and there is about portions left in the fridge. The pasta salad was one tin of tuna, half a pepper, half an onion and a out 4oz of (dry weight) pasta. I am a bit scared that eating those quantities will mean that I won't lose weight - I know they used to say you could eat as much as you want on SW but the last time I went to class the consultant said that you had to make sure that you didn't overdo it with free food and this has worried me. You may be able to tell that I have some "issues" with food:o
    Jane

ENDIS. Employed, no disposable income or savings!
  • Bluefire
    Bluefire Posts: 476 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Urgh, rubbish day today! I decided to make the much talked about chocolate cake, and halfway through after whipping the egg white & yolk realised I'd got nowhere near enough sweetner. Nipped to the local shop & decided it was far too expensive (more than double the price of Morrisons) so drove there instead... and caught the corner of a car when leaving the car park :mad: The owner has just rung me, luckily he's been nice enough to shop around to have it fixed & it's only going to cost me £60... but it's turned out to be rather an expensive chocolate cake!

The good news is that at least is that the cake turned out lovely, and is rather moreish indeed! I used 3/4 of a cup of sweetner rather than half as I'd read it could be quite bitter - does anyone have any idea how/if that affects the syns?

Just to make all your mouths water...

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb268/Socialchemistry/cake.jpg?t=1271941190
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]08/13 £28,896.49[/STRIKE] 01/18 £0
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport