Ovo Energy Reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Not a good experience here.

I switched away from them in September. I'm still waiting for a final bill. My account is £170 in credit.

I'm having to chase them to finalise...they're blaming new supplier.

It's not the new supplier who is holding onto my money, now is it?
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    Options
    bylromarha wrote: »

I switched away from them in September. I'm still waiting for a final bill. My account is £170 in credit.

My guess is that it is the new supplier that has not passed your start reading with them back to Ovo yet, hence why they are unable to prepare a final bill, so do not know how much money is owed.
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

Amazing...

...after posting this message, I read around this energy sub forum for more info, then emailed a formal complaint to Ovo, and mentioned I'd be going to the Ombudsman in 56 days.

Whaddya know? 2 days later a final bill has been issued and a refund is being processed. ;)
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • Wywth
    Options
    Amazing...

...after posting this message, I read around this energy sub forum for more info, then emailed a formal complaint to Ovo, and mentioned I'd be going to the Ombudsman in 56 days.

Whaddya know? 2 days later a final bill has been issued and a refund is being processed. ;)

I'm so glad it's all been sorted out for you .. almost.

Hopefully the advice you were given explains it can take up to 10 working days to 'process' this refund. It certainly did when I got my money back ... it arrived on the 10th working day via Faster Payments. :cool:
  • ILikeFreebies
    ILikeFreebies Posts: 70 Forumite
    edited 28 March 2013 at 3:21PM
    Options
    I'm quite surprised by some of the negative feedback here. I'm days away from the end of a 12 month fix and I've just fixed for another 12 months.
    Some above have complained about being in credit too much because the direct debit is too high. I've been with EON, Atlantic (SSE) and Scottish power over the last 5 years and I've not been in debit with any of them for a single day. The benefit of Ovo is that even when you're in credit you get the equivalent of 3% interest on your credit amount deducted off your bill, it's almost worth upping your direct debit as savings accounts are so poor at the moment. I thought my direct debit was a little high, I looked at the "Direct debit" page on the website and clicked "review direct debit" and seconds later my direct debit was dropped from £100 to £80, I clicked it again and it decreased to £70. This was 3 months after OVO was increased from 70 to 100.

The account pages on the website are the best I've used and has loads of information about your consumption compared to the average for your type/size of house, apparently we're well below average.

On the comment about not being able to receive postal statements, this is incorrect. I've just checked and quarterly postal cost £20 extra.

I would strongly recommend OVO in preference to any of my previous 3 suppliers.
    Best Freebies:
    iPod Shuffle from Barclaycard
    Sony MP3 CD/Tape/Radio from Sonycard
    £40 for opening FirstDirect current accounts
    £50 of wine from Virgin Wines from Smile current account
    £20 John Lewis Vouchers X2 from HSBC Online Saver
    1000 clubcard points (£40 in deals!) from Tesco Saving account, twice
    £20 Mothercare vouchers for setting up a £10 DD to my son's CTF
    £15 Amazon voucher from amazoncard
    £25 Amazon voucher from new amazoncard 10 months later
    £15 Electric toothbrush heads from Tesco R&R
    £50 cashback X2 from Post Office insurance
  • dan3811991119
    Options
    Do they open 1 account or 2. Is it one direct debit. Do they credit check?

All asked on behalf of a friend.
  • Wywth
    Options
    Do they open 1 account or 2. Is it one direct debit. Do they credit check?

All asked on behalf of a friend.

1 account (although that obviously details gas & electricity consumption separately)
    1 monthly direct debit
    11.6 We may check your details with one or more credit-checking agencies. If we do this, we will ask your permission before we carry out a credit check
    http://www.ovoenergy.com/terms/
  • Labman20
    Labman20 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    I've been with Ovo for just over 3 years now. Original switch was a bit messy, but that was down to E.On refusing to accept that their estimated meter readings were out by so much it gave me £450 in credit. I had to send photos of the meter to them in the end. Ovo were helpful all the way and tried as much as they could to assist.

I like the online and paperless billing which you get every month to monitor usage. As with every energy supplier they over estimate my use but they encourage you to put your own readings in regularly to correct it. Currently got about £250 credit in my 3% savings account. Planning to move my ISA and savings over to them as they pay better rates than the banks do ;)

Where does Martin get his figures from. According to the CEC it says I can save £170 on my £1932 yearly bill!!! I paid in total £861.31 last year.

No plans to switch just yet. Service is great and the savings are not big enough.
  • Wywth
    Options
    Labman20 wrote: »
    Where does Martin get his figures from. According to the CEC it says I can save £170 on my £1932 yearly bill!!! I paid in total £861.31 last year.

No plans to switch just yet. Service is great and the savings are not big enough.

The CEC uses the data from MoneySuperMarket.com for the purposes of comparison.

What annual consumption figures in kWh did you put into the CEC? (and what is the first part of your postcode)

You can't go by what you paid last year as prices have increased since then ;)
    (although, I agree, not by the amount you indicate)
  • mkalil
    mkalil Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Absolutely brilliant company. Switch was easy-thanks to Ovo. They were so helpful & really knew their stuff They have been brilliant ever since. Couldnt get a better company. I have no intention of switching from such a marvellous company, Couldnt recommend them more highly:j.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback