Mooloo's Joining up the dots in 2017

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sounding good :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    BF's comment was something along the lines of "I thought I'd walked into the wrong house!!" Cheeky so and so! But I did say it was beginning to look like an episode in horders. The downstairs looks a lot better. Although I know that all the cupboards and drawers also need attention.
    I saw the doctor and I have to go for X-ray on my hands and blood tests, to see if I have oesteoarthiritis or not. Blood test appointment 6th March. Can just go walk in anytime for the X-ray. I will go next Wednesday morning so I don't have to take anymore time away from the shop.
    I have been awake since 5.10am and tried to go back to sleep but it didn't happen and I gave up at 6.10.
    SAD lamp, cuppa and my diary then.
    I expect lots of work to have to do to play catchup and of course this week there is going to be damage to the budget with not being open for three days. Hopefully it will get back to normal next week.
    Currently I will have to use the last of the shops savings to pay the rent.
    So I have to do much better in March. Of course I will!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Today I thought the weather might stop customers but luckily not. 6 new jobs came in, and several visiting for habadashery and fabrics. I unfortunately was up and down serving so it meant I was constantly interrupted with the sewing.
    Takings were very low, I didn't cash up as I was dashing out for fuel and I had to collect some duvet covers from one of the villages. They are going to be usedto make Thermal cooking bags and shopping bags. I got them on a freebie site too. I also had a lady give me a black sack of remnants that she said had been her auntie's. Second bonus of the day. Mum will probably enjoy using some of them in her makes for Macular Society.
    I did miss out on some jobs as when I returned messages on the answer machine they had gone elsewhere. Not so good was also the lady booked in had cancelled too.
    I am not going to panic. I am going to trust the work will come in still.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    POsitive vibes for work for you :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I am starting the day with painful joints so tablets Doctor gave me Wednesday need to be taken with or after food. so I will be taking them soon.
    I am also going to be as optimistic about things as I can.
    I am on my own in the shop today as well, so I will be dealing with the easiest jobs first. I am going to have to vacuum the place before I start as there are threads everywhere and with blue carpets it shows.
    I couldn't put my swing sign out yesterday due to storm Doris, so I am hoping that I will be able to today.
    As it is Friday I will also need to clear up the Sewing Room upstairs ready for classes tomorrow.
    I am not sure if my friend will be wanting to go to the pub for a meal or not but BF has been warned and I think that he is going to go and see his daughter and granddaughter on his way home from work.
    I am beginning to get used to him coming over more, and us going there at weekends. However packing up DGDs and my things to take every Weekend is a pain. Dgd has to have something to play with and it's usually her Lego which is extensive and heavy to cart around, and for me it usually means taking the briefcase and laptop to do the accounts etc and this weekend I must sort out the information about the website and start to get that sorted out.
    Nearly time to launch myself into the world for the day.
    Hope everyone is well, happy and positive today.
    I also hope your not waking up to any storm damage!
    My shed was a bit battered and the window is out in the middle section. So Repairs required before I go to bf's tomorrow.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Busy day!
    Loads of fittings and lots to do over the next week.
    I didn't get to sew much though so I am going to be glad of staff returning to work on Monday.
    Popped into the pub for a drink and dgd had an ice cream but came home for dinner as I put a casserole in the Thermal bag just in case we didn't go to the pub with my friend. BF was supposed to be eating at his daughter's but he came over early too. So actually making the meal before work was lucky ( or good planning for a change).
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Hi from Oxford.
    After a busy day at work yesterday, trying to work my way through the older jobs and doing a rush job before children's lessons.
    We made luggage style tags for streaight stitch practice and machine control.
    I popped my head in to see How they were getting on at the new cafe. Staff said she's coming back to work Monday at 9.30. That's quite handy as I have a good few days worth of sewing to do. I really need to get it done as I need the cash flow. Especially as I ordered new stock for the shop.
    Dgd and I got here around 6pm in the end. BF did fish cakes, chips and peas for tea. I don't really like fish, but I can cope with them as more potato then fish.
    I tried to work on the laptop this morning but it is all quite slow and I got frustrated trying.
    This afternoon we have bf's granddaughter again so we went for a stroll around Crowley Centre and I bought Dgd and myself new swimming costumes which I will leave here so that we can go to the swimming pool next time.
    The football is now on the tv. So I think granddad is trying to make a football fan of the baby already.
    Dgd is playing with plasticine and has made some very detailed animals that has quite impressed me!
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Just about to do the school run. We got back from Oxford at 7.45am. So dgd has had breakfast and put her uniform on. It hadn't been dry when we left on Saturday afternoon.
    My brother is over from France and I am expecting him to come over with my Mum at Lunchtime.
    I am hoping that I can get a good start on my alterations this morning so that I don't get behind if anything else comes in.

I have ordered fabric to make myself a silk suit for my daughter's wedding so I am hoping that I will receive it soon.
    Time to go
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I had a visit from one of the local schools textiles teacher today, in response to my letter of introduction a few days ago. I am hoping that it will give me a better grip on the school curriculum and enable me to supply the things the school use. I felt quite positive about it, and managed to make a sale of pins and some fabric to her too!
    I took a little while to get sewing but with staff there to pass the work and process some of it in preparation for me to sew we powered through about £100 worth before she left just after 3pm and I continued to sew till 5.30 and fit in another fitting. Considering that I went to lunch with my Mum and Brother for about an hour and a half.
    I am just waiting for dgd who is at Brownies, and I am hoping to have an early night.
    I have a full day of work ahead of me tomorrow and I have to finish early so that I can attend parents evening at 4.50
    Wednesday I am going to hospital for X-rays for my hands.
    I have decided that I will put taking an apprentice on back a bit, and take on another seamstress parttime, and when staff retires I will do more of the shop and office work and to teach still.
    I think that my hands have made me have a rethink as I don't want to loose my business because I can't sew.
    Better get my monkey. X
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Although I embrace social media as a way for customers to find me etc, I am amazed at the times when people send me messages asking about work.
    Is it alright to message someone at 10.30 at night? Asking questions about alterations?
    I have managed to find an automatic response to the business page now, but that then means I don't always notice that I have been messaged!
    I wonder what people are thinking when messaging a stranger so late in the day. ( and I have had a lot later).
    Problem is that the response time appears on the page if I don't have a response immediately. (:
    Frustrating.
    I am afraid I replied at 7am!! Hoping that they are "interrupted" as I was. Now that is not my normal state of mind but it's rankled me somewhat that the sender doesn't think about what time it is when they start asking questions.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure