Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!

Options

Comments

• Teeniepops
    Options
    Hi, everyone.

I got a BFP on 14th September, but because I couldn't quite believe it, have tested since to be sure. Definitely positive! Our journey has not been easy or quick and I was told last year I may not have children, so this is the best gift we could ever get.

I've not had chance to see my local GP yet, but have a 7 week scan booked with my fertility doctor who wants to see me then. Based on an app I have and my last period etc. it said the foetal age is 1 week 6 days. Been having bad headaches, dizziness and some bad cramping but apparently this is normal so just riding it out and enjoying this feeling of elation.

Any advice for things to ensure I do this early? Or any book recommendations? Thanks in advance and congratulations to all - so happy to be here with you! X
  • HJ279
    Options
    Congratulations Teeniepops on your positive
    And glad your scan was ok Sweetilemon :)

I think my screen name last time I was on this forum was Hippihaz, possibly with a number after it, but I couldnt remember it with pregnancy brain, so created a new one lol.

It is weird not knowing my dates properly, I'm just comparing symptoms to last time and making a best guess...Midwife is going to phone me back next week to book me in for booking visit, so hopefully know more then.
  • sweetilemon
    Options
    Teeniepops wrote: »
    Hi, everyone.

I got a BFP on 14th September, but because I couldn't quite believe it, have tested since to be sure. Definitely positive! Our journey has not been easy or quick and I was told last year I may not have children, so this is the best gift we could ever get.

I've not had chance to see my local GP yet, but have a 7 week scan booked with my fertility doctor who wants to see me then. Based on an app I have and my last period etc. it said the foetal age is 1 week 6 days. Been having bad headaches, dizziness and some bad cramping but apparently this is normal so just riding it out and enjoying this feeling of elation.

Any advice for things to ensure I do this early? Or any book recommendations? Thanks in advance and congratulations to all - so happy to be here with you! X

Have you been getting enough fluid? That might help the headaches and eating little and often might help the dizziness? I had period like cramps in the first trimester with both my pregnancies, only worry if they become painful, probably just implantation.
  • sweetilemon
    Options
    HJ279 wrote: »
    Congratulations Teeniepops on your positive
    And glad your scan was ok Sweetilemon :)

I think my screen name last time I was on this forum was Hippihaz, possibly with a number after it, but I couldnt remember it with pregnancy brain, so created a new one lol.

It is weird not knowing my dates properly, I'm just comparing symptoms to last time and making a best guess...Midwife is going to phone me back next week to book me in for booking visit, so hopefully know more then.

Have you tried a clear blue dating pee stick? Gives an idea but not sure how many weeks it goes up to.
  • sweetilemon
    Options
    OK girls I'm going to brave the 2nd trimester thread, see you on the other side!!
  • HJ279
    Options
    I did think about the clear blue one Sweetilemon, but they only say 1, 2 or 3+ wks, and as I've been getting morning sickness for the past 3 weeks now I thought it probably wouldnt be much help. Good luck moving to the next thread :)
  • sweetilemon
    Options
    HJ279 wrote: »
    I did think about the clear blue one Sweetilemon, but they only say 1, 2 or 3+ wks, and as I've been getting morning sickness for the past 3 weeks now I thought it probably wouldnt be much help. Good luck moving to the next thread :)

Ugh that's annoying. Oh well you'll find out soon I guess 😊 I thought I was further along so it's been a long wait for the 12week mark lol. As long as baby is born healthy and lives ...and so do I...I'll be happy!
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    I'm 12+1 today but don't want to move up to the next thread until my 12 week scan which is over a week away, hope no one minds me lingering!!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Teeniepops
    Options
    kirtsypoos wrote: »
    I'm 12+1 today but don't want to move up to the next thread until my 12 week scan which is over a week away, hope no one minds me lingering!!

That's flown in! Bet you can't wait!

Been testing each morning and the lines are as dark as the test line so now convinced I am definitely pregnant. Getting lower back pain and already feeling nauseous on and off, although not been sick and I'm only 4 weeks - d'oh!

Hope you're all well xx
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    It still doesn't feel real Teenie! Hope the nausea doesn't linger or cause too much sickness for you! xx
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure