The Ultimate Incentive muddles along

Options

Comments

• Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 11,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    edited 16 July 2017 at 9:45PM
    Options
    • Tidy bedroom
    • Complete assignment 3
    • Complete assignment 4
    • Complete assignment 5
    • Do any alterations from weekends coursework
    • Order NIM flyers
    • NIM uniform tax claim
      [STRIKE]
    • Put tickets up for sale[/STRIKE]
      [STRIKE]
    • Refund Monday morning customers[/STRIKE]
    • Reply to booking survey
    • Do list of all charges for L&G
    • 2016-2017 Tax Return
    • Tax credits renewal
    • Find somewhere for phone and computer repairs
    • Pay room hire for 2 studios for July
      [STRIKE]
    • Cancel current phone contract. Order new phone. [/STRIKE]
      [STRIKE]
    • Book London train tickets[/STRIKE]
    • Investigate Amazon fulfillment printing
      [STRIKE]
    • Recall amazon FBA that is stranded[/STRIKE]
      [STRIKE]
    • Do NIMs appeal [/STRIKE]
      [STRIKE]
    • Email L&G - K [/STRIKE]
      [STRIKE]
    • Write re-booking letter to students and send around [/STRIKE]
      [STRIKE]
    • Plan this week's lessons[/STRIKE]
      [STRIKE]
    • Email martial arts club[/STRIKE]
    • Pay NIMs fine
    • Check travel insurance
    You might see a lot of me the next couple of weeks... little man has come down with the dreaded chicken pox. We're due to go on holiday in 2 weeks too. This was the deal of the century holiday, 2 weeks for £500 so really hope he's recovered and little miss doesn't come down with it.

However, this means I can't do a lot of my work in the next two weeks, so money will be way down. Even worse I had a new class due to start tomorrow morning that will run twice a week... which I can't do if I have little man at home. That's not very professional though to have to cancel the first two classes with only 24 hours to go.
    Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81
    Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh no hope he recovers quick and doesn't suffer too much. That's annoying about the work, these kids illnesses are not ideal at all. Hopefully you can get some other stuff done while at home.
  • clearmydebts
    clearmydebts Posts: 6,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Evie got chicken pox exactly 13 days after Max. Her dose was way worse than his. Have you got travel insurance? Fingers crossed Grace doesn't get it
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€26,947
    DFD:Nov 22/June 22
    Mortgage: €199,712
    MFD: March 2042/July 2034
  • Cinny91
    Cinny91 Posts: 6,022 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    That is horrible timing :( good point on the insurance though, CMD! Hope Ben is better soon :)

Is this your holiday for the year? Rather envious as we have nothing planned for a long time - even the trip over Oscar's birthday has been shelved until his 4/5th birthday. We were looking at a couple nights at the coast but we equate everything to a percentage of our mortgage payment/loan payment now so even that felt extravagant :rofl:
  • clearmydebts
    Options
    Cinny91 wrote: »
    That is horrible timing :( good point on the insurance though, CMD! Hope Ben is better soon :)

Is this your holiday for the year? Rather envious as we have nothing planned for a long time - even the trip over Oscar's birthday has been shelved until his 4/5th birthday. We were looking at a couple nights at the coast but we equate everything to a percentage of our mortgage payment/loan payment now so even that felt extravagant :rofl:

We are shocking for taking holidays, it is a real weakness of ours. This year has been particularly bad, although next year is fat more civilised. Myself and OH were in Lisbon in March (my 40th present), we went to Disney Paris in April (my brother was home from Oz with his kids so it was a family thing), we are in Cork for the week now with the kids, Poland for 2 nights in Sept (friends wedding), Portugal for 3 nights in Sept (girlie weekend) and Spain for 5 nights in Oct (BIL's wedding). It sounds really bad on paper but just a really busy year this year.
  • Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 11,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    edited 17 July 2017 at 11:31AM
    Options
    • Tidy bedroom
    • Complete assignment 3
    • Complete assignment 4
    • Complete assignment 5
    • Do any alterations from weekends coursework
    • Order NIM flyers
    • NIM uniform tax claim
    • Reply to booking survey
    • Do list of all charges for L&G
    • 2016-2017 Tax Return
    • Tax credits renewal
    • Pay engineer
    • Find somewhere for phone and computer repairs
    • Pay room hire for 2 studios for July One done, need a cheque to clear or some of my rebooking money to come through (or the wages off the same studio!) to come through before I can pay this one
    • Investigate Amazon fulfillment printing
    • Pay NIMs fine
    • Check travel insurance
    • Plan this week's lessons
    Did a very long reply and got that annoying token expired message. Now can't remember what I wrote....
    Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81
    Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I could only afford my holiday this year due to getting some shares at work. Saving a bit each month to hopefully go to haven next summer with kids.

CMD your holidays sound fun, i think we all have our weaknesses with certain things. Mine seems to be going out at the moment!

List seems to be going down Dinah. How is the little one coping with the pox?
  • Cinny91
    Cinny91 Posts: 6,022 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hope Ben is feeling better!

Those are some holidays, CMD! I always find we're either extremely busy with places to go/people to see or we're literally doing nothing for months on end. There's no middle! Totally with you that we all have our vices, Wendz. We're trying to cut things to the bone but we have £20 each Friday night for a takeaway :A
  • clearmydebts
    Options
    wendz86 wrote: »
    I could only afford my holiday this year due to getting some shares at work. Saving a bit each month to hopefully go to haven next summer with kids.

CMD your holidays sound fun, i think we all have our weaknesses with certain things. Mine seems to be going out at the moment!

List seems to be going down Dinah. How is the little one coping with the pox?

Well you deserve every night out you go on Wendz!!! Hope you are having a good time :)
  • clearmydebts
    Options
    Cinny91 wrote: »
    Hope Ben is feeling better!

Those are some holidays, CMD! I always find we're either extremely busy with places to go/people to see or we're literally doing nothing for months on end. There's no middle! Totally with you that we all have our vices, Wendz. We're trying to cut things to the bone but we have £20 each Friday night for a takeaway :A

I think I am just going OTT because I turned 40 this year. Next year looks to be far more sedate. Agree that it is either a feast or a famine with going places!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills