PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Carmen, what do you mean, your in-laws "used" to live here? How did they escape? Did they dig a tunnel? Disguise themselves as grockles? Were the border guards oiling their machine guns?

Food today is

Breakfast: scrambled egg on toast.

Lunch: salmon & salad
    nectarine and 1 Apple.

Also a crispbread and peanut butter that suddenly appeared from nowhere in my hand. Well, half a crispbread appeared in my hand, heaven only knows where the other half went.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    cba im no expert but as i understand it to mesure body fat is a right carry on in a lab so no way can a set of scales do the necessary would it be worth asking the doc for a referral to a dietician to discuss different diets to see if you could find summat that suits ? hope it goes well at the gym

i have discovered a love of cous cous havent had it fir ages and now twice in 2 days yum yum

tessa
    onwards and upwards
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I don't drink enough water :o

CBA I really wouldn't pay much attention to the fat measurement from the weighing machine.

Tessie I hate cous cous...so all the more for you :p
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just sitting down and taking a break after being busy most of the day sorting through old paperwork. The shredder has been working overtime and probably got heatstroke. I'd forgotten about food until just now and now I'm feeling quite peckish - not long to teatime.

L:- a few blueberries, an apple and a pear
    D:- small piece of venison (bashed flat so it looks bigger) vegetables, probably berries and yogurt to follow.
    If I'm still hungry afterwards maybe a small piece of cheese and 3 nuts or two squares of chocolate. I don't want to mess up today by eating too much.

I've just discovered coconut yogurt, very yummy.
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sounds as tho that gym is good CBA....enjoy!

Can ypu put that coconut yog on an ice cream maker?....

It's so hot here that I have electrolytes in every 4th glass of water..it's like a fizzy tablet that stops you diluting yourself!! I having been sitting in the cellar after lunch with my knitting as it's much cooler there.

Coming from the UK , I am struggling....particularly having spent almost a month back in the UK...it was a shock to be back here...but then, the cold in the winter is just as bad.

Not eating too much today but I've made salmon pasties for picnic with a local neighbour ie not expat. tomorrow...we're going to visit a castle in the forest...they are not very big...the pasties , that is, the forest is huge.

Not really looking forward to the weighing tomorrow.
  • CloughiesBrewerArmy
    Options
    cba im no expert but as i understand it to mesure body fat is a right carry on in a lab so no way can a set of scales do the necessary would it be worth asking the doc for a referral to a dietician to discuss different diets to see if you could find summat that suits ? hope it goes well at the gym

i have discovered a love of cous cous havent had it fir ages and now twice in 2 days yum yum

tessa

The personal trainer said pretty much the same.

He also said they would weigh me each week for free, so it saves me 70p a week. Maybe goodbye to the Boots machine after 10+ months.

They also deal with nutrition comprehensively, so I think i'm going to enjoy this.

I'm not sure what route I am going to take. As he said, 11 stone of muscle is better than 10 stone of fat.

But i'm still on a lean, mean, fit machine journey and will keep popping in :)

Good luck with the Cous Cous. I'm in the 'no thanks' ranks on that one :o
    karcher wrote: »
    I don't drink enough water :o

CBA I really wouldn't pay much attention to the fat measurement from the weighing machine.

Tessie I hate cous cous...so all the more for you :p

Come on, sip that water up ;)

I've been reassured that I should ignore the fat reading. He didn't physically inspect me, but just looking at me he said he didn't think I had any excess fat on me - I have some around my waist, belly that was under my shirt, but the improvement over 10 months is remarkable, even if I say so myself.
    Sounds as tho that gym is good CBA....enjoy!

Can ypu put that coconut yog on an ice cream maker?....

It's so hot here that I have electrolytes in every 4th glass of water..it's like a fizzy tablet that stops you diluting yourself!! I having been sitting in the cellar after lunch with my knitting as it's much cooler there.

Coming from the UK , I am struggling....particularly having spent almost a month back in the UK...it was a shock to be back here...but then, the cold in the winter is just as bad.

Not eating too much today but I've made salmon pasties for picnic with a local neighbour ie not expat. tomorrow...we're going to visit a castle in the forest...they are not very big...the pasties , that is, the forest is huge.

Not really looking forward to the weighing tomorrow.

I'm going to enjoy, thanks.

I know they have separate machines that make yoghurt and ice cream, but I imagine if you don't mind frozen yoghurt, it will do the same job?
    Weight Loss - Start (21st September 2016) 13st 10lbs, Current 10st 10lb (20th August 2017) :cool: :j

Target 11st 3lbs - Completed :D

New target - lose remainder of fat and gain muscle :cool:
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening all

I think the gym sounds fabulous CBA. Thoroughly agree that a machine in B**ts is probably not the best way to measure fat.

I'm not a nutritionist but I think the current ideas are that :

sugars (cut them out) and carbs (cut them down) are stored as fat,

protein (eg your eggs) are good for muscle building and

dairy fats aren't bad for you (so stop eating all the low fat stuff promoted by the sms !) and go back to full fat/high protein

I drink about 2 litres of water a day, but don't forget there's water in everything you drink, fruit and vegetables.

WI tomorrow - good luck everyone :D
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Lost 1 lb

Very slightly cooler just now at 28 C but promises to be 34 later....
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Poor you TiredTrophy. Too much heat is much worse than too much cold. It's relatively easy to warm yourself up. Cooling yourself down is a much trickier process.

I have just stood on my scales and am thrilled to bits. A 1 lb loss please KnitWitch.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options

Very slightly cooler just now at 28 C but promises to be 34 later....
    Had to laugh at that - we haven't had it above half of 34 for over a month here - and that was only for three days :rotfl:

Must admit I'm the other end of the scale - love the hot and sunny weather and really suffer when it's cold. Wouldn't do if we were all the same eh ;)

Managed to lose another 1lb this week :j

Good luck all those yet to weigh in and hope you're all having a great Friday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing