PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Artytarty … 0/14
    Carmen … 6.16/22 :):):):):):)
    CathA … 0/3
    CloughiesBrewerArmy … 2/6 :):)
    Doveling … +1/9 :(
    Florence J … 3/10 :):):)
    FurryBeastOz … 4.8/13 :):):):);):A
    GDB2222 … 6.54/28.6 :):):):):):);)
    Gresleyrover … 4.8/4 :):):):D;):A
    Karcher … 2/7 :):)
    Knit Witch … 4.5/10 :):):):);)
    Lynnejk … 3/8 :):):)
    MallyGirl … 0/6
    Monnagran … 4/7 :):):):)
    Pinknsparkly … 0/5
    RicardaRacoon … 0.25/9 :A
    SezzaF … +2/7 :(:(
    Short_bird … 6.5/10 :):):):):):);)
    SIRENS … 2/8 :):)
    Tea Lady … 4/14 :):):):)
    Tessie bear … 0/11
    TiredTrophy … 0/13
    Weewdy … 10/10 :):):):):):):):):):D
    Zafiro1984 … 1/14 :)

4 st 5.55 lb :j:j:j:j :):):):):);)
    Must use my stash up!
  • CathA
    CathA Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm gonna finish this challenge on a constant refrain of STS! Still at least I'm not gaining.
    Happy Friday everyone x
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Lost 1 lb

Very slightly cooler just now at 28 C but promises to be 34 later....

Look at it this way, the heat encourages more water drinking, sweating and in an ideal world that should equal weight loss...yes I know it doesn't always work like that but worth a try :D

PS: TT I would love to know where you are residing but feel free to ignore my nosiness :o
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • gresleyrover
    Options
    Morning. I thought that I'd had a good week and stuck to the plan but when I got on the scales this morning I'd gained 0.6lbs.
  • Doveling
    Doveling Posts: 704 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    STS this week for me.

Could have been worse. Much, much worse :o
    Not dim ;) .....just living in soft focus :p
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there. Been AWOL this week. Just TOO busy. Although my temping is only 25hrs, I put in 35 this week. It MAY have paid off. There are mutterings of a contract of some sort.

However, I have been going to the gym religiously. Meal prepping like mad, and DH hasn't been here. It's been a good week. I have discovered the wonder that is Zoodles/Courgetti. They really help keep the carbs down.

I've been being adventurous with sauces and flavours as well, so I'm not getting bored. I don't think I've had chicken, broccoli and brown rice once.

B - Porridge. (I need the carbs as I'm off to the gym shortly and I've been flagging)
    L - Tuna steak and Broccoli with Soy.
    D - Chilli Beef Stir Fry with Brown rice and salad

S - Sugar Free Jelly ( a god send), Soya Protein Custard, Fruit)

Have a great Saturday all. CBA sounds like your plan is excellent. As your PT said - 11 stone of muscle is great. 10 stone of fat is not. I'm hoping to come out of this in a similar state. Not so worried about the absolute figure on the scales.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • Carmen
    Carmen Posts: 1,732 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    monnagran wrote: »
    Carmen, what do you mean, your in-laws "used" to live here? How did they escape? Did they dig a tunnel? Disguise themselves as grockles? Were the border guards oiling their machine guns

😆

They retired there and had many happy years there before they passed away :(
    There was always something to do on the island, even when it rained.
    I have not returned there for about 30 years so I'm sure things have changed?
    My DH always groaned it was the dearest stretch of uk water to cross:eek:
  • Carmen
    Carmen Posts: 1,732 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    FBO, I love sprilising my veg👍
  • RicardaRacoon
    Options
    Another very hot day here, so went swimming in the morning, it was lovely as there was almost noone around... Weather is due to change tomorrow, hope I can get another swim in before the weather turns... Did some household stuff and will now spend the afternoon knitting on the balcony before it is time to go over to my parents for dinner.

I have a loss of 1.75lb which is rather nice, given the fact that I have invested ever single one of my weeklies into chocolate... I needed sweets to calm my nerves yesterday as it was such a rubbish day at work.

Plan today:
    B bread with margarine and marmelade
    L spinach scrambled egg (my latest obsession, I'm very much into spinach at the moment...)
    D my Mum is making "Dampfnudeln" which is a German speciality. It is basically sweet buns steamed in milk and butter... Served with custard... Very nice but very naughty :-)
    S Melon
    E 1 hour swimming

Have a nice day everyone!
    Fashion on the Ration 2022: 5/66 coupons used: yarn for summer top 5 /
    Note to self, don't buy yarn!
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    MallyGirl wrote: »
    50 min dog walk
    30 min riding assessment later

MallyGirl:- How did the riding assessment go??. That's what I want to do again. I'd much rather have my exercise sitting down than walking about..:D

Weigh-in tomorrow, reasonably hopeful

L: white egg omelette, fruit
    D: probably piece of meat and vegetables followed by sugarfree jelly, as I seem to need something sweet at the end of a meal.

Lovely day here today so it would be a shame to stay indoors, I've got the chickens to do first and then I'm going on the veg plot this pm - the blackberries are starting to colour up, so may start to pick some and freeze them. I'll try anything to stop me thinking about food.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure