My debt free diary - getting my life on track

Options
Hello diary.

This is my first ever thread I've started here on mse, hopefully I've put it in the right place!

So it's Monday night and last week I had a lightbulb moment that finance wise things have got to change.

I browsed some mse forums and came across the pad thread which I am loving and I have felt really motivated all week to save up and pay off some debts.
It was suggested on the pad thread that i start a debt free diary so here I am. There's probably going to be a lot of rambling, and I'm not sure anyone will read, but I've had a nosy at some other diaries and they are really inspiring so I'm hoping this will help to keep me motivated!

I'm using my phone to post every day, so spelling and grammar will probably not be great!

Currently got £13000 debt and I am planning on buying my house in the next two years... Wish me luck diary!!!
Staring debt - June 2013 - £21,000
Current debt - February 2018 - £11,378.60

Emergency fund £500 / 100%

Debt free one day at a time

Comments

• rexelpink
    rexelpink Posts: 213 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    edited 13 June 2016 at 10:48PM
    Options
    Day 1

I have made a pad of £6 to my savings fund taking the total saved this week to £31.61 (not sure what I am going to do with this yet as got a few big bills coming up) and also I joined some free survey sites through top cash back so I've got £3.73 pending

• Huskyrunner
    Huskyrunner Posts: 542 Forumite
    Options
    which survey sites have you joined rexelpink

there are loads i use i can recommend a few or i think there maybe a section on the forum

top cashback is brill, anything you ever buy try top cash back first i have had around 450 cashback off it
    debts 16550
    Mortgage 69500
  • rexelpink
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Wow husky hi,

I honestly didn't think anyone would look at this, thanks for taking the time to reply x

I was a bit disorganised with the survey sites, I've definately joined you.gov and the tcb site was survey uk. If you have got a list I would love it!
    I've set up a separate email address for the surveys, think my job for tomorrow will be to sit down and make a list of the ones I've joined so if you've got any suggestions I would definately appreciate it thanks x

• Huskyrunner
    Options
    try

uktoluna
    isay.com
    onepoll.com
    panelopinionsuk
    globaltestmarket.com
    opinionoutpost.co.uk
    ukhiving

its worth doing as many as you can as some can take ages too build up but the extra cash will help

its not loads but i am waiting on 75 quid arriving into my paypal account from two survey companies and i have just dropped 2.50 from opinion outpost
    debts 16550
    Mortgage 69500
  • rexelpink
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Morning diary

Just popping on quickly this morning to say hello!

CB went in this morning, will have to keep an eye on that as I'm sure DH sees the balance as a target to spend...

Husky thanks so much for the list, I will be on that later! I've just noticed your tcb amount as well wow!

Back later after work, hopefully with a list of completed surveys.

• rexelpink
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Evening diary!

Phew what a day! Busy at work, crazy day.

At least 3 people asked me if I was ok this afternoon, wasn't sure why but then looked in the mirror and realised that I looked really drained.
    The only thing I can think is that I was running a bit late this morning and did a rush job with my make up. It must have worn off by lunchtime. Note to self don't rush it again. :rotfl:

I was right about the CB, over half gone in one day! :eek:
    Still got some petrol, food and dog food. DH 'thinks' he won't need to go back to asda before payday on Monday. I bet he will, I can predict another food budget conversation coming soon!

I've managed to signup for uk Toluna, and I've also redone our contents insurance through tcb. It's going to cost £6.64 a month and I've got £2 tcb pending. I've also got a free Brian robot which will be going straight on eBay when it comes.

Pad of £1.35 to my savings today, not much but it is the week before payday.

Right off to sign up to another survey site!

• rexelpink
    PPI Party Pooper
    edited 14 June 2016 at 11:02PM
    Options
    Day 2 14/06/2016

Toluna survey points - 1500
    One poll - £3.30 / payout at £40

• Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I found I was achieving little with Toluna now suddenly I'm building up loads, i wish you the best of luck with them and with this diary.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • rexelpink
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Thanks Florence It's good to hear from others, glad you are getting some payouts!

I do feel like I need a bit more of a plan, but it's early days and I will start looking at the budget soon in time for payday next week

• Huskyrunner
    Options
    with toluna make sure you download the ap if you have a smartphone

reason being on the ap theres plenty of surveys each day for 15 points upto a couple of hundred points

with toluna if you want too wait for 35 quid cash its 185000 points
    debts 16550
    Mortgage 69500
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills