PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Where has Biotex gone

Options

Comments

• hi!

I use Biotex regularly and buy it in Waitrose. Bought my recent box about two weeks ago.

Cheers
    Casper
    xx
    LBM Feb 09[STRIKE] £64 427.32[/STRIKE] £13 700.59! Sub £15 000!
    DFD July 2018
    GC 01Dec ~ 30Dec £40.00 SSF £00.00
    NSD 00/20 WSC (08~14) £13.59 SSF £00.00 DFW Nerd 319 Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts!
    "Captain Jack Harkness! When will you learn that you can't solve every problem by shagging it?!"
  • Hedgehog99
    Hedgehog99 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Options
    maryb wrote: »
    Thanks for the information, I was trying to get some Biotex with no luck and I was going to post a question to ask if anything else works to get out bloodstains. Anyone know if just presoaking in bio washing powder would work?

Try soaking the item in cold salty water before washing/using any detergent. I have had success with this, even on dried blood.

If you don't notice the stain until after washing, and if you've given up on the item if it's stained & will try anything, soda crystals (the bags available from household aisle in supermarkets, not the nasty artificial citrus-scented tubs some shops sell) or hydrogen peroxide (available as a solution from pharmacies - ask at the counter) are worth a try, but might damage the item.
  • Missi
    Missi Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Sainsburys sell it, it's on their website.
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    I emailed Biotex and got this reply:

Many thanks for your message regarding the availability of Bio-tex in your area.

Bio-tex is listed with Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s and Waitrose however it is the supermarket that decide which stores stock our products.

If you are unable to find Bio-tex or Bio-tex Spray in your local store, we would suggest contacting them on the below:

Tesco Customer Care - 0800 50 5555
    Asda Customer Care - 0800 952 6060
    Sainsbury’s Customer Care - 0800 636 262
    Waitrose Customer Care - 0800 188 884

You can also buy Bio-tex directly from us online at:
    http://www.brandrefill.co.uk/brands/Bio%252dTex.html

Please note – Ocado Online shopping also stocks Bio-tex stain removing powder:
    http://www.ocado.com/webshop/getSearchProducts.do?entry=Bio-tex

We’re glad that you enjoy using Bio-tex and appreciate your loyalty and custom.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards
    [FONT=&quot]Lily[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Lily Hartin | Buyer[/FONT]
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • The_Necromancer
    Options
    The biotex brand is now owned by Unilever and they are (for now at least) marketing products under the Biotex brand-name in Belgium, Denmark and the Netherlands.

I have today, in St. Helens, Merseyside, bought a bottle of Biotex White Super Concentrate (super koncentreret) liquid which has been launched as a new product in Denmark and found it's way to the local liquidated and short date stock resellers in St. Helens called "Just The Job". It costs £1.99 for a 24 wash bottle. The only downside is that the instructions are in Danish and the pictorals don't really help. Still, there's always Google Translate :T
  • YorksLass
    YorksLass Posts: 1,720 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Not sure if I can get Bio Tex in my local Sainsbobs store but I can with an online order - £2 for a 500g box of powder.
    Be kind to others and to yourself too.
  • MrsStepford
    MrsStepford Posts: 1,619 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Bio Tex is back at Waitrose and Ocado only £2 for 520g. Also available via Amazon.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Bio Tex is back at Waitrose and Ocado only £2 for 520g. Also available via Amazon.
    Is it the same as before, or has it been through a reformulation?
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have the remains of a ancient packet that I guard with my life. When I couldn't get any for ages I found that Nappisan was an acceptable substitute.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Difficult to get Napisan
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories