Flight Delay Compensation, Lufthansa Only

Options

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    this board is for flight delays
    Is your luggage still delayed or have you got it back?
    Normally, if it is delayed on your outbound flight they will reimburse essential spending with receipts
    If it was on your return flight home airlines tend not to offer anything
    Have you contacted your travel insurance?
  • niki100
    Options
    Hi does anyone know the correct process and contact details (email/post address) to send my letter to for compo for a 5 hour delay?
    Their website isn't particularly helpful and the 'feedback form' doesn't seem to have am option for compensation claims?

Thanks
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Please use correct thread and not open new ones for same airline >

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4395437
  • Caz3121
    Options
    you were given the link to the correct forum over 2 hours before you started this new thread....the address is in there, you just need to read or type "address" into the "search this thread" on that thread
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bumped to the top for those incapable of reading/taking notice of sticky or desperate to start ANOTHER new thread.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Caz3121
    Options
    bumping above the incorrectly opened new threads
  • saayinla
    saayinla Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    No not much help, but they may be able to establish if the delay was caused by ATC or not?
    FYI BA allow 45 minutes transfer within terminal 5.....
    saayinla wrote: »
    So am best to initially contact the CAA to determine if they did infact caused the delay in question?
    saayinla wrote: »
    I ll put in a claim with CAA then, on another note I did a check for same flight as mine for past 30 days prior to my flight and 16 out of 30 flight arrived at least 2 minutes behind schedule at frankfurt, a few 30 minutes and above late. So lufthansa does infact know from that stats that at least 16 flight would have been delayed and in effect be unable to catch a connecting flight based on their MCT ( minimum connection time) required at franskfurt being 60 minutes.

Hi All,

Going by the above, I complained to the CAA last year and they contacted Lufthansa who came back yet again that the delay was unforseen and there was nothing they could have done to prevent it even though I highligthed the fact that the time between flights was just an hour and also showed statistics from the last 30 flights before mine showing that 16 out of 30 Flights were delayed, which basically means over 50% of flights were delayed and could have resulted to a missed flight but yet the continued to take the chances and yet fob me off when missed flight occur. See their response below, I intend to take them to small claims court now, any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    [FONT=&quot]Our records show that your flight LH925 from Heathrow to Frankfurt was delayed for a total of 44 minutes on 06 July 2012 due to problems with airport facilities and third party loading of the aircraft.
    However this error does not change the decision and since the delay of your flight was caused by unusual circumstances which could not have been avoided even if all possible measures had been taken. We appreciate your understanding that, as a result of this, we are unfortunately unable to fulfil your request for compensation on this occasion. We are conforming to the stipulations of Article 5 Paragraph 3 of EC Regulation 261/2004 in this matter.
    We apologise again for the incorrect information in our last email and although we were unable to revise our decision in this instance, we hope that you will grant us the opportunity to regain your complete faith in the future.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/ Yours sincerely,

[/FONT]
  • JPears
    Options
    bumped again

• saayinla
    saayinla Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all,

I have complained to CAA but my claim was closed as soon as it was passed over to Lufthansa to review, and for the 3rd time I have been fobbed off. Part of what they claimed was:

"While we certainly appreciate your dissatisfaction with the disruption to your flight schedule, we must respectfully reiterate that flight LH925 was delayed on 6 July 2012 as a result of insufficient airport facilities at London Heathrow.

Kindly allow us to explain that London Heathrow Airport is not owned nor operated by Lufthansa, and as an airline, we have an extremely limited influence on their operations. We appreciate your understanding that, as Lufthansa is not liable for the delay therefore we are unable to provide compensation.
    "

Would have a leg to stand on should I take this to court?

Thanks in advance.
  • JPears
    Options
    bumped for noobs

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories