PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Options

Comments

• smallholdingsister
    Options
    Thank you Phoebe.
  • tim9966
    tim9966 Posts: 494 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mine is on the market and has been for 3 weeks.
    I'm part exchanging it for a new build, so the builders have arranged all the estate agents.

Had 2 viewings the first week, and one last week, but there were 2 others planned who cancelled.
  • iantojones40
    Options
    Don't do that Stephie. It isn't all of us!!

Well we have AGAIN run the gauntlet of tidying and cleaning for photos and estate agent #4 going live on boxing day.

Why weren't the previous 3 agents able to sell your house?
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Its a busy time of year, Tim. People overestimate what they can get done.
  • danielley
    Options
    Hi there!

Can I join in? We have been on the market 6 weeks and have our first viewing tomorrow. We were warned its a stale time of year, so I had given up hope of getting a viewing this side of Christmas but out of the blue we had 2 requests last week.

We turned one down as they weren't yet on the market themselves and also didn't have a mortgage in place; we have a young son and they wanted an evening appointment the week before Christmas, so as keen as we are to get things going, we decided to only take the viewing from the potential buyer who is proceed-able.

Tonight's planned activity is a big tidy up session! God knows where I am going to hid the unwrapped Christmas presents
  • iantojones40
    Options

Well we have AGAIN run the gauntlet of tidying and cleaning for photos and estate agent #4 going live on boxing day.

Why weren't the 3 previous agents able to sell your house?
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Ha ha Daniel I went with under the bed and back of the wardrobe!

Good luck with the viewings.
  • iantojones40
    Options

Why weren't the previous 3 agents able to sell your house?
  • StephieWillcox
    Options
    Well, this thread has gone a bit wayward... let's reclaim :)

We have now been on the market for a week, with 5 viewings which I don't think is too bad for the week before Christmas. Sadly no one taking it further at the moment, althought waiting on feedback from our last 2 viewings.

Tim - We had a no show too, very annoying. I don't understand why people wouldn't call to say they can no longer make it. I hope your viewings pick up.

Dannielley - We have a nearly 2 year old so I feel your pain on the tidying! Hope the viewing went well, my cupboards and garage are full of all the stuff I have stowed away!!

smallholdingsister - hope the photos went well
    February Grocery Challenge: £0 / £500
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport