From 4 to 5....and now from 5 to 6 cats..

gettingready
gettingready Posts: 11,330 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post
edited 20 October 2011 at 12:19PM in Pets & pet care
Got an email from an ex today telling me that he wants to rehome Chloe and asking if I want her... sigh.....

Chloe is around 5 years old, spayed tabby (semi long haired, tiney little thing) that I wanted when we split up (he would not let me have her then), wanted still when we had to put Tiger to sleep (kidney cancer) last year (again would not let me take Chloe). Now when I struggle with the 4 I got (plus a dog), NOW he asks me if I want Chloe......

Of course I want Chloe.. will manage - somehow.....

Told him to get her vaccinated, flea treated (she goes out a lot) and wormed plus change her chip details to mine....and will take her mid May as got some visitors for Easter

Just hope she won't be misearable in the flat here - she was in a house for the past 4 years or so.....going out as she pleased. And that she gets used to Zara again - they lived together till they were both around a year old but it has been long time ago so no doubt will have some issues with Chloe being scared of Zara to start with. I do not worry about Zara, she loves HER cats and will love another one but I know Chloe may be scared at the beginning...

Keep your fingers crossed for me and please do think of me when I end up in a mental institution.......but can not possibly let him to just hand Chloe to anyone, she is such a sweetie...

Comments

• SnowyOwl_2
    SnowyOwl_2 Posts: 5,257 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Damn men!! I will keep my fingers and toes and ankles and everything else crossed for you. You'll only end up in a mental institution if you let your kitties go to another place to live... I hope you get some work soon. I know how hard it is (trust me, I really really really do know!) but this famine in work availability can't last forever.
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    SnowyOwl - thanks....

He has another cat, Teddy - asked him what on earth is he doing with Teddy if I take Chloe...

I suspect he will keep Teddy as Teddy was his favourite one always, all silver (no stripes just silver) with white socks and chest, georgeous and very big cat too, used to wait for him on the bin on the front of the house every day after work, maybe he will keep him or I will end up with 6....

Yeah - mennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Signed: Madwoman
  • chris_n_tj
    chris_n_tj Posts: 2,659 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    SnowyOwl - thanks....

He has another cat, Teddy - asked him what on earth is he doing with Teddy if I take Chloe...

I suspect he will keep Teddy as Teddy was his favourite one always, all silver (no stripes just silver) with white socks and chest, georgeous and very big cat too, used to wait for him on the bin on the front of the house every day after work, maybe he will keep him or I will end up with 6....

Yeah - mennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Signed: Madwoman

Well he knew you wouldnt say no didnt he.

As for Chloe, she gets the better deal I think. She will soon settle because she knows you love her.

Lol as for madhouse, sounds more like funhouse to me.

anyways good luck, not that you will need it xxxxxxx
    RIP TJ. You my be gone, but never forgotten. Always in our hearts xxx
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader.
    He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
  • EHL123
    EHL123 Posts: 53 Forumite
    Definitely take her, one more won't make that much difference! That's what I always tell my husband, anyway... :p

When I split up with my ex he kept our two dogs - one was 'mine' and one was 'his' but they doted on each other, so I didn't want to separate them even though it was awful leaving her. A couple of weeks later I couldn't bear it any more and called him to say I was coming to get her, but he told me he'd taken her to the RSPCA a few days after I left because she was pining for me and had started barking all the time and chewing things, so he didn't want her anymore (real reason: to get back at me for leaving). It broke my heart to think of my poor girl confused and all alone in that horrible place so I got straight on the phone to tell them I was coming to get her, but they said she'd already been rehomed and there was nothing they could do to get her back - they wouldn't even pass my number on to the people that had taken her. I put a notice in the paper asking for her new owners to contact me and let me know she was OK, but nobody ever replied. That was six years ago, so she'd be 10 now, and I still think about her every day, wondering if she's being looked after properly and if she's happy. I end up in tears over it quite often, I really wish I could go back and take her with me :(
  • paddypaws101
    paddypaws101 Posts: 2,093 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Oh Blimey! Well tell him he has to pay you a nice wedge to help feed her for the next 12 months !
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I have 6 mogsters.. I have 3 rescued.. one had been given illegal drugs including acid and before she had been found tied up in a carrier bag in a bin having been mistreated and dumped.. :( She has only one eye now after being shot in the face with an air rifle. the other 2 were born out the back of a local restaurant and we tried rehoming them but noone wans female cats.. their brother was rehomed... I wish we had kept him now though.. but we know he is more than well looked after.

1 of my others was going to be dumped at RSPCA so in a way she too was rescued.

It is manic.. my 2 old boys play fight constantly and the others are all just loopy!

1 more won't make much difference to feed.. hopefully she won't need much by way of vets and she'll soon settle.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks everyone, he says he is still keeping Ted but will "let me know first if he ever decides to rehome him" - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

So, Chloe will be coming here in May.

Just wish I had a house not a small flat and a job and not the mere JSA to sorvive but will manage - somehow hmmmmm

Paddypaws - sent him links to cat litter and cat food of course grrrrr
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Well, Chloe will be joining my mad house tomorrow, found some photos of her, old ones - she is around 5 yars old now and looks MUCH better than on any photos.. she has a bushy tail, is semi long haired and got long fur on her cheeks... she is lovely - hope all cats do get on when she arrives...

20110430_1523.jpg

Ex gave her worming tablet (drontal) today - took him half a day and nearly ended up needing stitches LOL, also put Frontline on her and checked her vaccinations - those are not due till October.

Can not wait for Chloe to be here :)

George got chased out of our own communal garden by some strange cat few days ago - perhaps Chloe can teach hm a thing or two, she is very erm... streetwise :)
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Chloe is home now, ex brought her over around 8pm.

She is in my bedroom, hid under the duvet for a bit, came out when I went to visit her - purring like mad and demanding cuddles... so much for an "outdoor cat" as he was always saying about her, she is a little purring machine and loves her cuddles... Cuddled up with me on the bed while the other 4 were coming in to have a sniff "what to hell is THAT?" kind of way. No hissing, no fights, just curious - all 5 of them.

Put a liter tray for Chloe under my dressing table, food/water on the bedside table - she ate a bit but has not been for a pee/poo yet.

Zara came in as well but Chloe started hissing at her so Zara just lied down on the floor next to the bed and they were watching one another with Zara wagging her tail, ears down and the look of "Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, be my friend hloe".... for the moment Chloe does not want to be Zara's frined but I know it is just a matter of time.

Got to brush her as she is very...... matted. Especially around her bum where her fur is much longer and her bushy tails. But not today, want her to settle in a bit...
  • SnowyOwl_2
    SnowyOwl_2 Posts: 5,257 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I hope your ex left some extra food for Chloe!! It sounds like you are pretty damn happy to have her living with you again. She'll be lots more comfortable after you get her coat sorted out, and she'll come round to Zara once she sees her new extended kitty family interacting with her. Can we have a pretty picture of Chloe now? The other one was a little fuzzy. Ta!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure