PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 17th July 2017

Options

Comments

• boddy
    boddy Posts: 3,326 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening everyone.

Voluntary job yesterday then out last night so not much done.

So been busy today and DD came for lunch.

Dailies
    Hoovered and washed floors.
    Load of towels washed.
    Bathroom and kitchen S&Sed

Then went to a friends for a catch-up.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Evening all.

Guess who decided the hang their washing out this morning as it didn't look like rain?! So it sort of mizzled on and off all day, and when I got back from work, it was nearly as wet as when it started. Duh! :doh:

Anyway, around going to paid stuff, I did manage to do our bedroom and clean the bathroom and downstairs loo. Dashed to Mr M as it was the nearest place for the list that I had. Shelf filling there left a bit to be desired, so a few things missing which was annoying. DW now on, and I'm hanging around waiting to go and collect DD later.
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening everyone and hope you're all staying dry

Sending gws vibes to the poorlies

Dailies done
    Spanish lesson completed
    s&s bathroom
    Rang butchers with order for Saturday collection
    Kitchen WUDUPA, bunkers wiped down and floor washed again

Today I defrosted the chest freezer, wiped all out and dried, and refilled tidily. Had a bit of mopping up to do as well.

Hugs all round, sticks and spoons as needed
    Hope you all have a super Thursday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,778 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done Iona hope the pooch is settling in.

Well done YL Ds

Happy Belated Bithday Mrs MP

Happy Birthday Froddy

apologies to anyone I'bve missed - mega hectic as the year ends. In today (INSET) and it's mega flying...

someone's attempting to guilt trip me into something - while I will probably do it as was planning to anyway I shall jolly well have it acknowledged that I am NOT obliged to and I am going above and beyond. *stamps foot*

Have also sent letter to chair explaining exactly why the idea was unworkable and why I made an alternative suggestion and have had it acknowledged that jobs cannot be impose don a person in a paid role who is not obliged to and is very, very overworked anyway. So that's good.

Anyway I get to wear jeans today. We'll gloss over the fact that they are actually roo big - wooty wooty woot woot.

Oh and I got a 'you're looking fantastic' yesterday so wooty wooty woot woot with bells & whistles

have a fabby fabby day all!
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,778 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pollybear wrote: »
    This is where we went today and it was awesome :)

https://whitehallgardencentre.co.uk/fairy-and-dragon-grotto-summer-2017

DGD2 who is 3 1/2 was absolutely gobsmacked when a real fairy was waiting at the entrance to sprinkle fairy dust on her and give her (invisible) wings. Her face was a picture:) The baby who is 7 months didn't know where to look first between the waterfalls and the lights.

So, not flying I know but I promised to post and that's what I've done today!

Fairy dust+invisible wings = flying:rotfl:
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all. Lovely slow start today. I'm just eating homemade yogurt and will then take the dogs for a walk. Then it will be clean fridge,wudupa and get my hair done.

Won't be going far today as more rain is forecast.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Morning All

It's chucking it down here, but we really needed the rain for the garden so mustn't complain!

Just spent 20 minutes doing some work for DH business, kiddies are ready and watching ten minutes of TV before we go. Just an hours' paid stuff this morning, then must get on with some chores. Spag bol out to defrost for tea.

Will report back later xxx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    So, so pleased your DS was successful YL! Yay!
    Lovely to see you back Mrs MP. You have been missed.
    Little mistakes are often just nerves with new adoptees, Ionafan. Even Kelpie still has the occasional pi$$ing contest with Devil Cat.

Really struggling with energy levels at the moment, and for the first time in my life I'm finding myself nodding off in the afternoons. I'm getting a bit concerned about it because it's not as if I drink or stay up late. I've have understood this 10 years ago, but not now. I had a age-related healthcheck about two months ago and they didn't find anything to worry about so it's not anything obvious.

As a result I've not been achieving very much on the flying front and feel very guilty about not posting every day. The house looks okayish and I'm tackling longterm muddles so I'm making progress but not feeling perky means that everything is a bit of an effort.
    Better is good enough.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,426 Forumite
    Options
    :bdaycake:
    Happy Birthday Froddington!

Enjoy wearing your too-loose jeans, Valli! Mine are unfortunately the opposite, and baggy trousers are more comfortable.

Somebody left the LR door open last night, and Rosie appears to have spent at least part of the night in there, though no evidence of hair on sofas and no other "presents" :) She has been out in the garden for all of 10 secs this morning - felt the rain and ran back into the house. DGDs' Sports Day will almost certainly be cancelled so I can take her out later when the rain eases off.

I dealt with the cane toad yesterday but there is still a froglet that got away.

Plan for today:
    - shower and breakfast
    - WMx1 and TD :(
    - walk the dog
    - clean all through downstairs and tidy study bedroom
    - quick shopping trip to get a photocopy
    - sort dog guard for my car
    - emails
    - second-cousin-once-removed and his wife (never met them before!) are coming for tea, so sort out relevant family photos etc
    - prep and cook meal
    - relax with visitors
    - take dog out for another walk

That should keep me busy - need to get a move on now after a slow start.
  • Pollybear
    Pollybear Posts: 3,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Morning all. Rained hard all night here but the sun has just come out. I've got two loads of washing out on the line.

Generally cleaned the kitchen etc and also cleaned the bathroom/toilet. Stripped a bed and that's washed and I've remade the bed. Later on (when DH gets up) I'll dust and vacuum upstairs.

Have to babysit for an hour this morning so I'll carry on with more stuff later.

Hope you're enjoying your dog Ionafan, I still miss mine after almost 7 years. Just the geriatric cat now.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure