Lidl loyalty card trial in Scotland

Options
Starting next week ( Thursday 20th ) Lidl appear to be starting a trial of a form of loyalty card in Scotland. Dont know much about it - but looks as if it will offer discounts off specific items and "X pounds off when you spend over Y" type of promotions

Comments

• Kernow666
    Kernow666 Posts: 3,480 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    great idea , over the last year my big4/Lidl-Aldi shop has gone from 70/30 to 30/70 now is the time to reward the people who have switched with an offer to keep them long term
    "If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane"
  • torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Spend £25 and get £5 off

Not much use to me as I seldom spend more than £15 at any single time.
  • torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I asked instore about the loyalty card this morning and none of the staff knew anything about it, in fact one went straight online to look at the same details as I has told them about :rotfl:
  • Gloria_Steeth
    Gloria_Steeth Posts: 736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 14 August 2015 at 3:56PM
    Options
    I eagerly await Morrisons' riposte to Lidl launching a loyalty card! Remember this Lidl advert mocking Morrisons when they launched theirs? :rotfl: ;)
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It'll be as useless to me as the other stores. Lidl is my shop of choice, my closest, the one I spend most money at .... but it'll hardly be worth my while using a loyalty card probably. I probably spend £5-6/week there on food, £2/month on coffee and £2/month on loo rolls and kitchen roll.
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    It'll be as useless to me as the other stores. Lidl is my shop of choice, my closest, the one I spend most money at .... but it'll hardly be worth my while using a loyalty card probably. I probably spend £5-6/week there on food, £2/month on coffee and £2/month on loo rolls and kitchen roll.

good to see you are already being negative before you have seen how it will operate :)
  • pennypincher3562
    pennypincher3562 Posts: 2,229 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 15 August 2015 at 1:10AM
    Options
    I agree with PasturesNew - only go in for a few specific items, the coffee, apple turnovers, Wild Rocket, and a few other bits and bobs. It's a good shop though. I basically walk between all the supermarkets now, to find the lowest prices.

Cheers
    PennyPincher3562
  • Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Beginning of the end for Lidl. Copying the big supermarkets aint the way to go.
  • Mr_Singleton
    Mr_Singleton Posts: 1,891 Forumite
    Options
    dlusman wrote: »
    good to see you are already being negative before you have seen how it will operate :)
    Loyalty cards are hugely expensive to run why not just give discounts? Then again according to Radio 4's The Bottom Line Lidl has the largest profit margin of any UK supermarket (listen to the "Supermarkets" episode)
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Loyalty cards are hugely expensive to run why not just give discounts? Then again according to Radio 4's The Bottom Line Lidl has the largest profit margin of any UK supermarket (listen to the "Supermarkets" episode)

I agree with that.

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure