Plusnet broadband top pick, we want your feedback

Options

Comments

• teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ABTG wrote: »

Call wait times to Plusnet have never been less than 30 minutes. If I try to use online chat instead I'm number 23 in the queue. Assistants are less than helpful and give contradictory information. I'll be switching to someone else when our contract is up unless they seriously improve.

I went from Sky to Plusnet and though things have improved the service is not as good as with Sky (over 1mbps down; a lot when you are talking 5-6 anyway).

Two weeks ago, I had to wait 45 minutes, twice and a around Chritmas was 22nd in an online queue then was bumped off when down to 11 th.
  • editor1
    editor1 Posts: 287 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    I went from Sky to Plusnet and though things have improved the service is not as good as with Sky (over 1mbps down; a lot when you are talking 5-6 anyway).

Two weeks ago, I had to wait 45 minutes, twice and a around Chritmas was 22nd in an online queue then was bumped off when down to 11 th.

I was with PlusNet for two years and only changed this January because they would not offer a good retention deal - we had regular 5.5mb down which was okay for Xbox live and the most I DLed in a month was 1T, again Xbox games related. They seemed better than TalkTalk when I first joined them in February 2015, although telephone wait calls then were still about 15 mins. Must be that BT has installed its own business model within PN as complaints on these boards have increased exponentially over the past 12 months and Sky does now seem to have better customer service, which is saying something I suppose!
  • snowys
    snowys Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Plusnet is a company that has no thoughts or feelings for the unsuspecting public who choose their service and then wish with all their heart that they had not. They don't answer your emails, they don't return your money and they offer nothing to you when the contract ends so that you will stay. I noted the good feedback for their other service, JohnLewis Broadband and foolishly choose that to replace Plusnet, what a nightmare that has been, problems every single day since I joined on 1st February, they have wrongly charged me ten different invoices and taken the money from my bank account, after contacting them for about the hundredth time, I got a cheque for £50.00 for the heartache they had caused me and it was from Plusnet and signed by Plusnet !!!! Needless to say the problems are still going on (even today received a text saying "your phone line and broadband is going live today" nearly 5 weeks later, I'm losing the will to live, and would not recommend Plusnet or JLB to anybody. I'm lost and don't know where to turn now
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Just changed to John Lewis (aka plusnet but cheaper for bog standard ADSL); I've never had a major issue with plusnet;
    1. English call centres; a bit busy at the moment (BT exodus) but called them yesterday - on hold for 5mins ish;
    2. Good technical knowledge and the job gets done there and then rather than being passed around departments
    3. only quible - the contact/query system gets flooded with internal system messages, making threads very hard to read AND their operators appear to ignore it anyway; if you want something doing - ring them.
    4. don't support "caller protect" which is, in my opinion, BT's big selling point for people who get lots of spam calls.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • geofh
    geofh Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    So, I switched to PlusNet. Some home-spun emails. Everything arrived on time. Connected up without problems. Router connected to the Internet. But sadly the ONLY site that I could access was plus.net. And even those pages were rather strange as they clearly pull in material from other domains. This also meant that Chat was blocked. And although PlusNet claim to offer phone support, no one actually answers any calls.

So with NO thanks to PlusNet, I recorded their as-delivered router settings, and went back to first principles. During the 40+ minutes I was on hold to PlusNet customer support, I debugged THEIR delivered settings and fixed the problem. But if you are not confident in debugging router settings, be prepared to wait hours on the phone.
  • egyptiancotton
    Options
    rlnorton14 wrote: »
    I applied to switch to Plusnet and waited over a month during which time I had 3 or more messages saying that the broadband order had been rejected - this was an internal Plusnet order, presumable to BT, and nothing to do with me. However it held up the process and I was assured that the switch would take place on Nov 4th. It didn't. I waited almost an hour for an 'instant chat' and cancelled. Very very poor.:mad:

I recently signed up with Plusnet and chose my migration date as the 20th, only to then receive e-mails explaining there was a problem with the BT Openreach order and the new activation date was the 29th. Wasn't impressed. My deal with BT is only £20 more expensive for the year, so I rang Plusnet last night and cancelled within the 14-day cooling off period.
  • zaax
    zaax Posts: 1,910 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lloydyyy wrote: »
    I recently signed up with Plusnet and chose my migration date as the 20th, only to then receive e-mails explaining there was a problem with the BT Openreach order and the new activation date was the 29th. Wasn't impressed. My deal with BT is only £20 more expensive for the year, so I rang Plusnet last night and cancelled within the 14-day cooling off period.
    Thats BT for you they don't want to loose you as a customer so they put lots of hudles in the way.
    Do you want your money back, and a bit more, search for 'money claim online' - They don't like it up 'em Captain Mainwaring
  • kimbles81
    kimbles81 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Had been considering plus net... don't think I will bother after all
  • KILL_BILL
    KILL_BILL Posts: 2,183 Forumite
    Options
    If people thought that talk talk where bad plusnet are so much worse

i left sky to goto plusnet as i listened too much to all these awards that they had been winning for customer service etc.

Their customer services is non existence and it shows that they have problems when your on hold for over 30 mins for technical support.

They may be cheap but TRUST US YOU WILL REGRET IT IF YOU SIGN UP WITH THEM.
  • phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,595 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I switched early to BT from plusnet on the 1st june, because of the price rises. I had paid line rental up front and had broadband free for a year. Today they took a 3.50 DD for broadband from the 15th June to 14th July (broadband without a phone is 13.49, free broadband discount is 9.99) despite them no longer supplying broadband.

I spent 16 minutes on the phone to customer services (the majority of the time on hold) and they assure me they will resolve the issue immediately.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure