Plusnet broadband top pick, we want your feedback

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    mr_mf wrote: »
    The biggest downside IMHO is the telephone wait time, although as someone has said you can use live chat to get through quickly.

I had to wait an hour to get through to someone on chat yesterday so it's not always quick.

My experience is that Plusnet customer service is good but it takes ages to get through whichever channel you use. I'd use them ahead of BT and TalkTalk every time though.
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    anactuary wrote: »
    I had to wait an hour to get through to someone on chat yesterday so it's not always quick.

My experience is that Plusnet customer service is good but it takes ages to get through whichever channel you use. I'd use them ahead of BT and TalkTalk every time though.
    They seem to be reasonably well staffed but their problem management system results in so many emails/messages being bounced all over the place its amazing anything gets fixed. (perhaps not helped by the fact that customers see all internal messages too)
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    well I bit the bullet and went for their 12 month contract option of 'up to 76Mbs' option for £29.99 a month and no connection fee and £95 topcashback on top. Cheaper than BT who could only give me £30.99 a month for the same speeds but for a two year contract!
    Next year I'll be back with BT if they have good quidco/TCB and prepaid mastercard :)
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    grumpycrab wrote: »
    They seem to be reasonably well staffed but their problem management system results in so many emails/messages being bounced all over the place its amazing anything gets fixed. (perhaps not helped by the fact that customers see all internal messages too)
    I like the fact that they post your outage stats in the ticket where you can see it.
  • Lady_Bee
    Lady_Bee Posts: 84 Forumite
    Options
    I can be positive about Plusnet! I've been with them for around 4 years and am very happy with them and have just signed up for another 12 months yesterday. I paid line rental upfront and then it's £2.99 a month. I got through within about 10 minutes on live chat and got it sorted pretty quickly. I had some teething problems when I first started and was pleased with how they resolved it and I've not had any problems since. I also find that they're happy to offer you some kind of deal every year without much rigmarole, I have enough bother quibbling with Sky that I don't want to be doing it with Plusnet as well!!

I think it's always a case of you always hear more negatives than positives as there's not much to say if you're not having any problems. My parents are also with them and haven't had any problems at all and it's handy to have the free calls between us.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,474 Forumite
    Options
    You are lucky with the contact, as I have never been able to get through by phone, within 30 minutes and online chat sometimes closes the problems section. I also found them very slow about resolving problems (with the exception of a case of charging for inclusive calls,but even then tried to find an excuse)

I think all providers offer something, though BT once, pointlessly, offered me far less than the company I was going to, even though they knew what I would be paying.
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lady_Bee wrote: »
    I can be positive about Plusnet! I've been with them for around 4 years and am very happy with them and have just signed up for another 12 months yesterday. I paid line rental upfront and then it's £2.99 a month. I got through within about 10 minutes on live chat and got it sorted pretty quickly. I had some teething problems when I first started and was pleased with how they resolved it and I've not had any problems since. I also find that they're happy to offer you some kind of deal every year without much rigmarole, I have enough bother quibbling with Sky that I don't want to be doing it with Plusnet as well!!

I think it's always a case of you always hear more negatives than positives as there's not much to say if you're not having any problems. My parents are also with them and haven't had any problems at all and it's handy to have the free calls between us.
    Their sales line answers quickly, their support line certainly doesn't.
  • shaggy
    Options
    buglawton wrote: »
    Their sales line answers quickly, their support line certainly doesn't.

I agree with that. Ive already had to wait an hour on chat online when asking them a question a couple of days ago. To be honest I have had no issues with BT and they even waived the £130 new line install charge and didnt force me to sign a new contract when I moved home midway through contract. But, their retentions are not offering a good deal at all, and price is considerably higher than what Im paying them even now! Plusnet works out a lot cheaper so I'm willing to give them a chance. I can always move back to BT with their new customer pre loaded Mastercard and quidco offers this time next year :)
  • jeremypayne
    Options
    Found Plusnet to be disappointing.

They changed the install date by bringing it forward 2 weeks - but then didnt send out a router so no internet for 3 days

Had to spend 45 mins on hold waiting to talk to them - they are always experiencing high call volumes

Then the billing was wrong paid line up front and shoudl have been £6 per month plusnte billed £9.99 - another 40 mins on hold

Used topcashback and they declined the rebate

all in all pretty underwhelming
  • shaggy
    Options
    I finally got BT to give me a great retentions deal after countless times trying, so I'm waiting now on online chat with Plusnet to cancel my migration over to them! A pain really as you really do have to wait an hour or so. I dont ever recall waiting this long with BT!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure