Plusnet broadband top pick, we want your feedback

Options

Comments

• doveman
    doveman Posts: 188 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So I'm trying to sign up for the free 17Mb broadband deal via the MSE link but after I enter my address it says I already have fibre (I do, with BT) and only offers me a choice of Fibre or Fibre Unlimited, neither of which I want.

Any way to sort this out so that I can sign up for the deal? I imagine if I phone them they'll say the deal is only available via the link and can't be given over the phone and I'd rather do it online so that I have a record of what I ordered anyway.
  • Scrounger
    Scrounger Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    doveman wrote: »
    So I'm trying to sign up for the free 17Mb broadband deal via the MSE link but after I enter my address it says I already have fibre (I do, with BT) and only offers me a choice of Fibre or Fibre Unlimited, neither of which I want.

Any way to sort this out so that I can sign up for the deal? I imagine if I phone them they'll say the deal is only available via the link and can't be given over the phone and I'd rather do it online so that I have a record of what I ordered anyway.
    I am experiencing the same problem (currently on BT Infinity 52Mb).

Plusnet (via the special mse link) won't allow me to select ADSL broadband (the only options available are both fibre and these are more expensive and 18-month contracts). :eek:

Scrounger
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    swabaxter wrote: »
    I'm afraid your problems may not be over yet. I signed up in May 2015 with the offer of £100 cash back. It was supposed to arrive after 60 days but it never did. Contacting the Chief Executive of Plusnet has just resulted a whole series of excuses. I have just emailed the Chief Executive of the parent company who are BT.

Did you get a confirmation email ? I had mine 3 working days after going live.
  • teddysmum
    edited 29 October 2016 at 7:04PM
    Options
    I'm beginning to wonder if I did the right thing by moving to PlusNet, having always, via O2 on a BT line and Sky, had between 5.4 and 6.4 (Nearly always over 6 with Sky).

I know I'm still in the testing time (Day 8), but don't remember any such bad performance with the other providers. I started out, last week at about 4.8, expecting it to be improved upon,but this evening I was down to 1.2 according to PlusNet's recommended test (Oopla which I use anyway), so got into the phone queue, but found it rose to 4.83 (still nowhere near as good as before), so rang off . Now it's down to 3.8.

PS I've just got into 'closed' chat by using the sales chat and been told the house feed is 5.7, but I said that is lower than I got over wi fi before. She said it will settle faster and to raise a 'fault' if it isn't over 6 in the next few days....so we'll see how things go.
  • Red29
    Red29 Posts: 98 Forumite
    Options
    Apologies I've set up a separate thread re my problems with Plusnet. Missed this thread as working off small phone and mobile data as no broadband due to switching problems.

Plusnet call waiting time 45 mins plus - be aware in case of issues.

Does anyone know if you can cancel your contract in a certain time if switching issues? Or is it a case of Plusnets contracts says by agreeing to our t and cs you the customer are accepting that we can provide you with any old rubbish service! !!!! :rotfl:
  • rlnorton14
    Options
    I applied to switch to Plusnet and waited over a month during which time I had 3 or more messages saying that the broadband order had been rejected - this was an internal Plusnet order, presumable to BT, and nothing to do with me. However it held up the process and I was assured that the switch would take place on Nov 4th. It didn't. I waited almost an hour for an 'instant chat' and cancelled. Very very poor.:mad:
  • teddysmum
    edited 9 November 2016 at 7:44PM
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    I'm beginning to wonder if I did the right thing by moving to PlusNet, having always, via O2 on a BT line and Sky, had between 5.4 and 6.4 (Nearly always over 6 with Sky).

I know I'm still in the testing time (Day 8), but don't remember any such bad performance with the other providers. I started out, last week at about 4.8, expecting it to be improved upon,but this evening I was down to 1.2 according to PlusNet's recommended test (Oopla which I use anyway), so got into the phone queue, but found it rose to 4.83 (still nowhere near as good as before), so rang off . Now it's down to 3.8.

PS I've just got into 'closed' chat by using the sales chat and been told the house feed is 5.7, but I said that is lower than I got over wi fi before. She said it will settle faster and to raise a 'fault' if it isn't over 6 in the next few days....so we'll see how things go.

How did it go ? I got an email, while away for the weekend, telling me I'd be getting 5.3 now it's settled in, so less inwards than I've over had over wifi.

Since this post the internet starting dropping every few minutes and a change of filter seemed to have sorted it, but next day there was no connection at all over wifi, so I'm getting a new router, as the call centre person said she could see that we had drops and that the poor upload rate indicated a modem problem.

Oddly after two days off, it's back, but quite slow (under3 ).
  • SaxButterfly
    Options
    Just been offered
    £4.99 unlimited broadband + £17.99 line rental + free anytime (daytime / evening/ weekend calls) incl. 2000 land line to mobile mins, for 18 month contract.
    They wouldn't budge any lower than this even using my MSE tactics :)
  • teddysmum
    Options
    Just been offered
    £4.99 unlimited broadband + £17.99 line rental + free anytime (daytime / evening/ weekend calls) incl. 2000 land line to mobile mins, for 18 month contract.
    They wouldn't budge any lower than this even using my MSE tactics :)
    That's not very different from what I got as a new customer paying line upfront, with £75 cashback (line £15.49, calls £8, caller display99p : £24.48// £75/12=£6.25, so £18.23). Yours would be £20.48 with paying up front and there has been a recent price rise.
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Left a couple of months ago, as did family member. In both cases did not go smoothly. They seem to stop the phone line but then continue to charge for broadband. The other problem is they block access to your account so there is no way to check your final bill.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure