Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,295 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks Lucky - he's ok at the moment a bit shaken and disappointed with himself but ok nonetheless. Just shows he can't go out alone and that's a backwards step.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Sun_Addict
    edited 15 February 2015 at 3:04PM
    Options
    Hello all

Mr SA has a swollen knee on one leg and swollen ankle on the other from yesterday's falls :( Today he's resting while I get on with the housework.

I've paid off my credit card balance, as is my plan every Sunday to keep it at zero. Today is also NSD 5/8.

Checking the bank today and just under £500 has gone into the account from someone Mr SA worked for about 3 years ago. I reckon they've somehow paid him someone else's money by mistake, they did it once before several years ago. He's going to ring them tomorrow to tell them. You would think that they would've deleted his bank details after he left them. They know about his illness. Of course best case scenario is that they owe it him for some reason, but you know that's not going to happen. Would be nice though - no I'm not even going to think about it!
  • aandrea
    aandrea Posts: 102 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Great surprise from work for you. Sorry to hear about Mr SA falls. Hopefully with the rest it would do him good.
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Mr SA's old workplace rang him to tell him of their error - my theory was right. They'll write telling him how to pay it back. He's not too bad today considering - still a bit sore but he's perked up.

AFD 6/12 today. Aiming for 4 this week. Iron has packed up so tomorrow won't be the NSD I hoped for - unless I don't do any ironing tomorrow :) I've made a big batch of pancake mixture ready for tomorrow, I don't like pancakes but Mr SA and DD love them. One year when DS was living at home the three of them were eating them faster than I could make them!
  • aandrea
    aandrea Posts: 102 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fingers crossed for tomorrow,as I have an interview. The pay isn't very good , but if it gets some debts paid. I'll take it.
    Not even going add up amount we owe.
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So pleased to hear about new job and the lovely thank you.

Thinking of you with concerns about Mr SA - falls really not nice - has he ever been referred to the "falls team" at the hospital

Take care.....
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Good luck for tomorrow Aandrea.

BM - yes Mr SA has been referred to the falls team in the past. He needs to build up his strength so he can get himself up. I'm hoping the gym might help.

Mr SA grumpy and awkward today. It was agreed he wouldn't go swimming this week as the pool will be full of kids on half term. So he asked his carer to take him to leisure centre to sign up for gym membership but he didn't want to take him as he thought it would be too busy. Mr SA not happy, he doesn't need a carer, no one can tell him what to do, he wants to join the gym and he wants to do it now not wait until next week. I tried to make him see reason and do it next week but no joy. So he's been sulking ever since and even turned his nose up at the pancakes :( Sometimes I could cheerfully throttle him.

He got a shirty letter today from the company who mistakenly paid that money into the bank. No apology for their mistake, just send the money back now, don't touch it as it's theft. Charming! Anyway I've sent it straight back.

Today wasn't a NSD. Bought an iron and some clothes from Sainsburys - 25% off Tu. Got some jeans, top, socks for me, undies for Mr SA and some lovely things for GD.

However, today is AFD 7/12.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Mr Lucky has been similar today :mad:. Smile and wave SA, smile and wave!!!! Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sending hugs

So much of me understands the fight for independence Mr SA is having and the other part of me the understanding for carer and you ..... Such a difficult path to tread x
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Thank you both - I know you understand. I'm gritting my teeth Lucky!
    Thankfully he's in a better mood today. I just wish he wouldn't be so unreasonable when he goes off on one. Overheard him on his phone tonight telling DS we would treat them to lunch out this weekend as it's DS OH birthday.

Today hasn't been the AFD I planned as I'm sitting watching TV with a glass of wine in front of me, just really fancied one tonight. Enjoying it too :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport