What small DFW things will you do w/c12th March?

Options

Comments

• carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 13 March 2018 at 5:09PM
    Options
    Grrrr car problem akin to Ally's boot clasp. £300 quid for eff all :(

The silver lining, is that 5 years ago, this would have gone onto a cc, with general curses of "where the hell are we going to find that money?" whereas now it's "grrrr what a blimming nuisance"
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    FatVonD wrote: »
    Rushed back excitedly to pick up the next batch of cards only to find they'd printed them on the wrong card. They are reprinting tomorrow and it looks like I get the keep the others too but I wouldn't sell them as the card is a bit thin and cheap looking, I have no idea what to with them!

Can you frame them and sell at your craft fairs etc?
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• carrielovesfanta
    Options
    ziggy2407 wrote: »

Or sell cheaply as "seconds"?
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good Afternoon All

LiveLifeFull - Welcome to the thread

Hi to all of the regulars and a BIG welcome to all the newbies, this is a really FAB thread with so many lovely, caring, considerate and supportive people.

Today we have/will:

Checked Bank and made PAD
    Gym (rehab/physio) - another great session, feeling so much brighter
    Hubby has deep cleaned car
    Finished Ironing
    Purge a few emails
    Enter a few comps
    Swagbucks
    Surveys
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer
    Checked: Tombola Stars, Lucky Bob, Luckyphone, FPL

Have a great day all.

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• onedaysomeday
    Options
    I have stocked up on sandwich stuff and bread at work for the week so I can stop using "I woke up late" as an excuse for forgetting to take a packed lunch to work instead of going out and buying something :doh:
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,118 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all,
    Busy day. Money saving bits as follows:
    *Free fitness walking to post office. Made good inroads into my daily step target (7000), as I've done more than 10,000 today & have burned 500 calories more than I've eaten (which is my aim).
    *Cleared small garden border & rescued lots of self-sown plants (hence free ones!).
    *Blitzed general dumping ground behind greenhouse & found some useful stuff I'd forgotten about, as well as lot of stuff for our hungry compost bins.
    *Laundry dried outside on the line. Washer set on timer for another cheap overnight wash.
    *Made wraps for tonight's meal using some of the refried beans I batch cooked last month & home made fajhita spice.
    *Straightened out a slightly inaccurate Savings Piggy.
    *Did a survey.
    *Checked ebay listings. Seems like a lot of effort after getting used to Ziffit though may have to chase Z if I don't hear from them this week that they've received my parcel.
    *Watered seedlings.
    *Did a bit of maintenance on bathroom basin as it was running slowly. Much improved.
    *mr f seems to have sorted out a scary-looking problem with our living flames gas fire without calling gasman out. If problem reoccurs, will defo phone it in though as you need to be safe where gas is concerned.
    *Did some mending.
    *Continue knitting project.
    Mr f on a half day tomorrow. I am apparently being taken out for coffee....which will be much more exciting than my own planned purchase.......a new mop-head! My life just gets more glamorous every day, doesn't it?
    Just going to shift cat to check that fire again, then knitting needle time.
    Bye,
    F xx
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    LiveLifeFull Hello and Welcome :wave:

Ally Glad to hear you survived operation kitchen. Tick that frog off your list whilst wearing a big smile.
    Or sell cheaply as "seconds"?
    I like your thinking Ziggy & CLF.

I'm getting jealous of peoples talk about drying laundry outside, even on the days it has not snowed or rained the flags have still been wet, so no point as the won't dry out there. children

Children had training in a neighbouring city which takes at least 3 hours out of the middle of the day, which is somewhat frustrating.

Today's list:
    Chase refund #1 item returned in January Refund done manually, the item has been lost by Royal Mail
    Chase refund #2 item returned in February Refund done manually, my refund "got lost" between their systems and was missed when they updated one part of the system
    I will keep an eye on that the money does actually come back to us
    Haggle our broadband package reneogiated, the same package but saving £220+ for the year
    HE children Done
    BLD from stores Done
    Stick to meal plan Done
    Turn off lights and appliances not in use Done
    Renew library books Done
    RM survey Done, the new system is interesting
    PAD Done
    Transfer money between accounts Done
    Use some of the tea mountain Done today it was decaf teabag & loose leaf earl grey
    Use free milk pods with my tea Done, used with my regular red bush cuppa, coffee & earl grey I had black, I served friends milk in a jug

A friend popped round for an hour, tea/coffee/biscuits from stores and catching up all free :money:

I'm not able to get the coloured text to work :(

Best go, ds is singing David Bowie at the top of his voice, not exactly in bed sleeping.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Morning :D Back to work today - ouch it seems harsh the week after my weekend to only have 1 day off before going back for 2...

Today:

*[STRIKE] hang up washing before leaving. Put another load on and set timer[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]* cook pasta (for oh's lunch) and broccoli for mine[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]* gather together the rest of my lunch[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]* wash hair [/STRIKE](nearly always leave to dry anyway)
    *[STRIKE] work hard[/STRIKE] - have set myself a couple of goals for this week
    *[STRIKE] check onepoll[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]* check banking[/STRIKE]
    * print off a couple of mocs (from the freebies board) registered but didn't print
    * go through fridge to make sure nothing gets wasted 1/2 done :D

Ok that's all I'll get done. Happy Tuesday guys x

It's been ages since I've completed my list! Also:

* tidied up kitchen & lounge because it was a bomb!
    * oh announced madam has asked for packed lunch tomorrow so made a batch of wheatabix brownies :money: trying not to eat them now!
    * used some chicken in the freezer and a little pesto for oh's lunch
    * hung up washing & did another load as realised madam didn't have a clean one! Will dry on the airer overnight
    * ironed my clothes for tomorrow
    * listened to my audio book while working in the kitchen :D
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

I could definitely do that with the Christening one, I might take a trip to the pound shop to look at frames!

CLF, if they definitely don't ask for them back then 60 slightly sub standard Shayla cards might be winging their way to you :rotfl:

It was like a spring day here this morning for about half an hour!

I've spent more time sorting and tidying in the house and finally got around to putting down a rug to suppress some weeds at the back of my house where I'm going to put some tyres down to grow some fruit/veggies this summer.

I posted my grant application so fingers crossed!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Morning :D a few minutes before I jump in the shower and get ready for work. Am tired but luckily I have a day off tomorrow...

Small things:

* lunches made for everyone - madam is wanting packed lunches at the moment
    * checked banking & cc
    * quick shower
    * print off moc at work
    * hang up washing
    * pick up milk - hopefully can use moc ;)
    * check onepoll
    * text cm and see if madam can go to her's 2 days in the Easter hols
    * make a list for things needed to make my bff's birthday cake - am making individual salted caramel cheese cakes :)

Ok that's all I can think of right now so better go jump in the shower :D
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business