Lidl loyalty card trial in Scotland

Options

Comments

• Gloria_Steeth
    Options
    A Lidl mailshot has just landed on my doormat. It has a laminated card & keyfob on it with an expiry date of Wed 28th Oct 2015.
    The blurb reads: "Knock pounds off your big shop, again... and again... and again. The smarter shopping card - the new way to save pounds on your weekly shop. With a fresh offer every week you can save as many times as you like."

The mailshot doesn't mention anything about signing up to register the card (though it does say to see in-store for full T&Cs so there may be more to it). They're referring to it as a "voucher card" - like a reusable coupon to cover the different offers. That would certainly keep the admin costs down if they're not going to keep a record of card holders' details.
  • bluelass
    bluelass Posts: 586 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    torbrex wrote: »
    I asked instore about the loyalty card this morning and none of the staff knew anything about it, in fact one went straight online to look at the same details as I has told them about :rotfl:
    I think this post is a micky take.
    Britain is great but Manchester is greater
  • mayjo
    mayjo Posts: 120 Forumite
    Options
    It's not a micky take - I just got mine delivered too. Wonder what it's all about:cool:...
  • Smidster
    Smidster Posts: 519 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This kind of move certainly doesn't endear me to Lidl.

The level of my shopping means that I don't benefit from any of these cards. It increases the average time at the checkout (which is already an issue in the discounters) and it it annoying to constantly say that you are not interested in another piece of plastic.

Just concentrate of keeping prices low and quality up and not go on these marketing gimmicks.
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Options
    Reminds me of the Coop card.

Gave you a dividend at the end of the year based on your total cost of the shopping you did with them that year.

Went t*ts up when the Coop found they had a bank that was worth nought.

So I don't bother with it now.

I have store points cards with all the supermarkets and to be honest the only one I now use the most is the Sainsburys one.

In the end they are all good at first until they change the conditions when they realize it's bleeding them dry.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    dlusman wrote: »
    good to see you are already being negative before you have seen how it will operate :)

Opinions and chit chat aren't negative.
    What's negative is people who see negativity in all they read.
    :)
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Opinions and chit chat aren't negative.
    What's negative is people who see negativity in all they read.
    :)

So "it'll be as useless to me as the other stores" & "it'll hardly be worth my while" isnt being negative/ having a negative opinion ?
  • jayok
    jayok Posts: 753 Forumite
    Options
    lidl.jpg
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Even Morrisons are wishing they never launched their card, they are even quietly not advertising it in store anymore.
  • redhammer
    Options
    Seems to be £5 off a £25 shop, working in store today
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills