Options

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Options
    I have received my WHD payment.

Thanks for your efficiency, E.on. :A

British Gas have now opened their WHD scheme, too :-

https://www.britishgas.co.uk/energy/energy-saving/warm-home-discount.html

That's great fredandwilma. Glad you've received the payment. :)

We recently started making payments to customers eligible under the 2017/18 scheme and aim to have them all done by 31 March 18 at the latest. As here, though, many will be done before this time.

Thanks for letting me know fredandwilma. :T

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Options
    Just checked my account and mine's been paid in too. Much earlier than last year. Thanks Eon. :)

Pleased you, too, have received your Warm Home Discount payment for 2017/18 poppasmurf and thanks for letting me know. :T

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • SpotlandRules
    Options
    EON. Your service is brilliant. My WHD has been paid into my account. You rock.
    Options
    EON. Your service is brilliant. My WHD has been paid into my account. You rock.

Great stuff SpotlandRules. Glad you've received the payment and thanks for letting me know. :T

Malc
  • fredandwilma
    Options
    That's great fredandwilma. Glad you've received the payment. :)

We recently started making payments to customers eligible under the 2017/18 scheme and aim to have them all done by 31 March 18 at the latest. As here, though, many will be done before this time.

Thanks for letting me know fredandwilma. :T

Malc

Hi Malc :j :hello:

I must say, I'm reluctant to switch from E.on if only for the ease of obtaining the WHD.

However, the payment is so early, I'm concerned it will be refunded as my annual statement is due and I'd rather leave it in my account for the reason it is intended.

Will E.on leave the payment in my account as it's the WHD or will they refund the whole of my balance? I've usually received it after my annual statement.

Thanks

f&w
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Malc :j :hello:

I must say, I'm reluctant to switch from E.on if only for the ease of obtaining the WHD.

However, the payment is so early, I'm concerned it will be refunded as my annual statement is due and I'd rather leave it in my account for the reason it is intended.

Will E.on leave the payment in my account as it's the WHD or will they refund the whole of my balance? I've usually received it after my annual statement.

Thanks

f&w

Hi f&w :wave: and that's a very good point. The answer is yes. If the Warm Home Discount payment forms part of a credit balance at the annual review, it will be refunded.

Annual payment reviews take into consideration the total balance at the time. They don't look at where this balance has come from. These refunds are built into our system and are done automatically without advisor input so won't be stopped.

Totally appreciate where you're coming from. The intention of these payments is to help with winter bills and refunding early defeats this objective somewhat. The best advice I can give is to send it back to us once it's been refunded. There are several ways of doing this including with a one off Direct Debit or credit/debit card payment. You'll need to contact us to arrange a one off Direct Debit but can make card payments online through our website (all you need is your account number, post code and email address).

As our Monthly Direct Debits run for 12 months from the time they were first set up, annual reviews are spread throughout the year. I suspect, whenever Warm Home Discount payments are made, there'll be a number which coincide with annual reviews and lead to the sort of situation you find yourself in.

Sorry this is a bit messy f&w but hope it gives you an option. You know where Helena and I are if you need us. Let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Malc
  • fredandwilma
    Options
    Hi f&w :wave: and that's a very good point. The answer is yes. If the Warm Home Discount payment forms part of a credit balance at the annual review, it will be refunded.

Annual payment reviews take into consideration the total balance at the time. They don't look at where this balance has come from. These refunds are built into our system and are done automatically without advisor input so won't be stopped.

Totally appreciate where you're coming from. The intention of these payments is to help with winter bills and refunding early defeats this objective somewhat. The best advice I can give is to send it back to us once it's been refunded. There are several ways of doing this including with a one off Direct Debit or credit/debit card payment. You'll need to contact us to arrange a one off Direct Debit but can make card payments online through our website (all you need is your account number, post code and email address).

As our Monthly Direct Debits run for 12 months from the time they were first set up, annual reviews are spread throughout the year. I suspect, whenever Warm Home Discount payments are made, there'll be a number which coincide with annual reviews and lead to the sort of situation you find yourself in.

Sorry this is a bit messy f&w but hope it gives you an option. You know where Helena and I are if you need us. Let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Malc

In that case, I shall have to make a complaint.......:rotfl::rotfl:

Seriously though, my payments have been reduced to next to nothing, and i'll have a zero credit balance.

A good time to switch suppliers for most people?

My tariff is too good to switch so it just means, err, hassle on my part. My payments need to be adjusted, in any case, (hopefully, automatically then)?

It's just unfortunate timing. :D

Barbados, here i come.................................:rotfl:
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    In that case, I shall have to make a complaint.......:rotfl::rotfl:

Seriously though, my payments have been reduced to next to nothing, and i'll have a zero credit balance.

A good time to switch suppliers for most people?

My tariff is too good to switch so it just means, err, hassle on my part. My payments need to be adjusted, in any case, (hopefully, automatically then)?

It's just unfortunate timing. :D

Barbados, here i come.................................:rotfl:

Morning fredandwilma and hope I've caught you before you jet off to Barbados. :cool:

You're right, at the annual review, as well as refunding any credit balance over a fiver we also check the payments are covering usage. This is based on the meter readings we have for the previous 12 months and current prices. Any adjustments are done automatically and we'll let you know two weeks before any change is due.

I'm sure you already know this but don't forget about the Direct Debit Manager on our website. Using this, you can change the monthly payments by up to 20 per cent up or down provided the account is billed up to the latest meter readings. By up to 5 per cent up or down without readings. Comes in handy should circumstances change. Although, as your review is about to happen, you won't be able to use this tool until it's done.

Sorry for trying to teach you how to suck eggs fredandwilma.

Malc
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,005 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What website - would that be the one that was completely down yesterday and is still inaccessible for log in this morning?
    I think....
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    What website - would that be the one that was completely down yesterday and is still inaccessible for log in this morning?

Yes, that's the one michaels. We had issues yesterday afternoon and first thing this morning but these have been sorted and it's okay to log in now if you wish.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Malc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure