Countdown to Freedom

Options

Comments

• Vala-Mal-Doran
    Options
    I wonder how long that many loo rolls actual does last? DS gets through so many, I'm surprised we haven't blocked the drains

Have you thought about squeezing the loo roll so that it doesnt 'roll' so easily - some kids like the 'certain puppy' effect and this does make a difference apparently. (Tip stolen from the OS board - my other love! :D )

V
    Simplify and then Simplify some more!
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    OMG ms Tilly that is some journey you have been on... And I have missed a few parties I see :)

I have never read a diary this size before and I am so glad I did ... I have learned so so much from you all and am grateful

I think the thing I have learned the most ( and I truly have you to thank for this Tilly) is its not all plain sailing, wobbles come along and sometimes it seems really bleak... Then the focus comes back and with it the fight to have a better life and future for your family ... I can't tell you how important that is for me ... Thank you for sharing your downs as well as your ups they truly help

I'm going to lie down and recover my eyes now ( have read the full diary on an iPhone ) but will be back ... All the best to your and all your followers for 2013 ... May it be the year for health , wealth, and happiness ... May all your challenges be accomplished and your sorrows be short and few

Thank you

Elxx
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Morning, happy new year to you all. Just back from a fab evening in London. No hassle getting in, amazing meal, given about 6 months supply of Nivea lip balm stuff due to a promotion, then off to get a good view of the fireworks. No problems with the journey home either and it was 9.5 degrees :)

This evenings night out has used up all the December entertainment pot, but thankfully January is here.

As I'm not going near a supermarket until last Saturday in January, loo rolls delivered FOC so saves my time and fuel and look mighty fine in the garage. I quite like Lula's idea of insulating the garage with them though :rotfl:

Elantan, thanks for your kind words. The journey has had challenges where past behaviours have wanted to creep in, but they are banished now. Mr T and I were chatting this evening with the kids and they are both doing so well with their saving. They may have had it metaphorically beaten into them this year, but boy have they stepped up.

Hi Vala, I have to admit I do squeeze the rolls in DS's bathroom :rotfl:

We're on a mission - just 36 months from now we will be MF :T:T:T

Need to get to bed now, night.

Tilly x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Goodness, the fireworks were so amazing, I keep talking to Mr T about them. I think he'd probably like me to go to sleep now :rotfl:
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 1 January 2013 at 2:12PM
    Options
    Ach ye can sleep when yer deed :)
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Morning, how marvellous to wake up on New Year's Day to blue sky :T. Hounds are going for a walk in about an hour.

A/c tidy up OP of 40p.
    We took additional cash out from the bank yesterday - not touched so Mr T will pay it back in tomorrow
    Dinner today is veg risotto to use up bits and bobs

I have re-established the gym area in our bedroom with weights, trampette, stepper. TV is moving in with DVD so shred can be done in the warm, not the garage. Saying that though, 5 mins with shred you're boiling, but I don't want any excuses not to start.

Xmas cake finished off yesterday - so no temptation

That's all for now.

Best wishes Tilly
  • littlefred169
    Options
    Hi Tilly

I use soap nuts as well and I've had no problems :)
    Original MF Date = July 2034
    Current MF Date = July 2025
    Target = April 2025
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Morning - had a giggle when buying loo roll yesterday (4 pack, £1.38 with £1 off coupon :D). Stood in the shop trying to work out how big your stash was :rotfl:.

Happy New Year by the way _party_
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Morning GG, 2013 will need to be coupon year, so feel free to give me some lessons :rotfl:

Hi LittleFred, just checking soap nuts out on google to figure out how to use them.

Tilly x
  • littlefred169
    Options
    You just need to put them in a small mesh bag in with your washing.
    Original MF Date = July 2034
    Current MF Date = July 2025
    Target = April 2025
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family