IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Dublin M50 Toll Penalty Enforceable?

Options

Comments

• nemgreen
    Options
    99% of the time the penalties are wavied for UK motorists. The problem is that the terminals in shops in Ireland cannot handle UK VRMs. If you offer to pay the tolls they will accept.

I rang up 4 days after using the toll road and was just charged €3.10 - the standard unregistered user fee
  • tom_tumb
    tom_tumb Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 19 May 2014 at 10:50PM
    Options
    hi to all, my story is that since the barrier free toll on the m50 began iv bought my toll passes b4 my journeys, never had a problem, till now, I have a solicitors letter demending I pay for two unpaid toll passes "return trips" amounting to 601:60, yes that's correct, over six hundred euros, my problem is that "besides the obvious" I know iv paid it as I am very anel about doing so b4 my journeys, they've treathened me with court where ill b cought for expences also and I just cant afford to fight it, speaking to a girl in "pierse Fitzgibbon solicitors" where the demand and treat came from, she said that theyd let me away with 200 euro, but again I know iv paid my toll b4 my trips and the only conclusion I can come to is that the wrong reg plate was put on the receipt in the garage where I paid it,
    please can anyone advise me on this as it just seams very unfair and being told by the girl in the solicitors representing the m50 that if I don't pay ill b brought to court and if I loose that a sherrif will b appointed to sieze goods of mine to the value of the fine plus expences,
    please dont tell me to just ignore these demands by the solicitors as I cant afford for this to go to court
    thanks very much
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Are you in the Irish Republic as in living? Is this a British car in this place?
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    please dont tell me to just ignore these demands by the solicitors as I cant afford for this to go to court

Can't really understand all your text speak, sorry, but you should respond in writing not phone them! Set out your position that you did pay.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • tom_tumb
    Options
    Yes I'm a resident in Ireland all my life and have being using the toll free barrier on the m50 since it started and never had a problem, iv contacted etoll customer service and all they tell me is that they can't comment, what a cop out,
    At this stage iv more respect for muggers than I have for the toll crowd,
    I have no one to argue this case with, would there b any point in calling personally to the etoll offices?
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    What might help is to explain your case more lucidly. The first step in that process is to drop the txt spk and type properly!
  • CountryGirl7676
    Options
    Has anyone who didn't pay the penalty had any repercussions?
    I passed through a month or so ago and didn't realise we had to pay until talking to a friend. Haven't got a letter yet, so just a bit worried the penalty will be quite high! :(
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    No-one came back and said anything happened. If you Google the name of the Collection company you should find all the latest posts from people ignoring them.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • TinkerbelleW
    Options
    I've found this thread after searching for advice on the validity of the letter I received. I spent a few days in Eire and no doubt did make the journeys on the M50 to which the letter refers. However, I'm a disabled driver, and my car is a disabled class vehicle, therefore exempt from vehicle excise duty and tolls. But reading the rules about this toll, the website says that vehicles that have adaptions for disabled persons are exempt. I don't need adaptations to a vehicle, just have to drive an automatic.

I have submitted an appeal, but haven't heard anything more, 10 days later.

Any advice please?
  • Iceweasel
    Iceweasel Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    However, I'm a disabled driver, and my car is a disabled class vehicle, therefore exempt from vehicle excise duty and tolls.

Where did you read or hear that you were exempt from tolls in foreign countries?

But be that as it may - I would just ignore it - like everyone else in the UK and NI does.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure