PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• JoJo1978
    Options
    Chrissie83 have both sides agreed fixtures and fittings to be left? - that forms part of the contract so worth making sure all on the same page now!

(Speaks from bitter experience lol!!!)
  • chrissie83
    Options
    JoJo1978 wrote: »
    Chrissie83 have both sides agreed fixtures and fittings to be left? - that forms part of the contract so worth making sure all on the same page now!

(Speaks from bitter experience lol!!!)

Yes we’ve done that :o I hope they isn’t that much to do now but who knows lol
  • Firsttimebuyers
    Options
    Stamp Duty abolished for FTB with purchases up to £300k!! Hope it's effective immediately
  • JoJo1978
    JoJo1978 Posts: 375 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    First-time buyers :beer: !!!
  • Gawatate
    Options
    :beer::beer:

The bite of paying rent and first mortgage will sting less for us
  • Ougat
    Ougat Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh Cheery Daff .. I do wish you will be able to leave this thread at some stage.. I am now coming back just to check your progress and keep up to date with your Spread sheet of blame and shame..

To all the new users in this thread welcome and good luck, lots of patience and speedy dealings with local council searches, sellers, estate agents and everyone else involved in this whole process..

We are suppose to complete on Friday but by sheer luck and a fantastic seller we actually have the keys for our house already. The lovely woman did not want to drive all the way to the estate agent only for us to go and fetch the keys from them again the next day.. So now we are home packing boxes and go all giddy every now and then that we have an actual house that is ours (and the bank's) .. We will wait till Friday to get the call from the solicitors and on Saturday we are taking very important easily breakables to the house.. Unload and admire the house, and then come back to our rental to do the rest of the packing on Sunday ready for the move on Monday.

We still have our rental place till end of Dec so we are totally relaxed about everything mostly.. Thank goodness we budgeted for it .. and still have the place will be good as I will use it while working in Dec.. Enough time to do a proper clean and paint job.. our landlady is a friend so I really want this place to be spotless as she is putting it on the market..

Oh and good news for the first time buyers and stamp duty.. Luckily we bought a place that did not require stamp duty..
  • Alchopops
    Options
    Alchopops wrote: »
    Well...looks like we’ll be exchanging and completing on Friday! Building controls due to be signed off this week so sols have requested the mortgage funds in time for Friday, the day our mortgage offer expires. Can’t exchange before just in case there are any further hold ups that mean we can’t complete on Friday so fingers crossed everything is done in time. It’s been a long 6 months.

Still can't believe it happened..but it did! Exchanged and completed the Friday before last, the day our mortgage offer expired, and we're now in and unpacked :D

Got the call at 3.30pm after we'd convinced ourselves it would be Monday instead because the NHBC certificate only got to the solictors at 1.30pm. And the house is perfect, only 2 snagging issues we have found so far considering its a new build, sooo worth the long wait.

Really sorry to hear of other woes though, fingers crossed for everyone.
  • Pumpkim
    Pumpkim Posts: 214 Forumite
    Options
    RXT156 wrote: »
    Also, anyone every had a really stingy seller that is taking toilet roll holders? :rotfl: just me ?! 😂😂😂

Are they diamond encrusted? I really could not be bothered to be so tight :rotfl:
  • Flutterbat17
    Options
    Our seller is the opposite and is trying to leave most of his stuff lol!

Our contaminated land issue from our searches has been resolved. Enough that we feel confident that the land isn’t toxic and it’s just the search company covering there !!!! in relation to a local mot testing centre near the house that has a permit for spray paint etc. No historical land contamination.

So we’re back on, contracts to sign and deposits to sort then we can exchange with estimate date of the 11th Dec.

Didn’t help then signed mortgage deed got lost in the post ��
  • amateur_house
    Options
    I've not been on this thread for a while, good to see lots of people either completing or making progress. Here's my latest update:

23rd Aug - Offer on house accepted
    2nd October - Quote from solicitor received
    5th October - purchase questionnaire posted back to solicitor
    6th October - Mortgage offer received
    12th October - survey paid for
    20th October - signed survey agreement emailed to surveyor
    25th October - survey carried out
    30th October - paid solicitor and searches ordered
    1st November - valuation received - £0 in present condition
    Damp report and quotation for essential repairs needed before they can advise on a retention. My mortgage expires on 3rd December as I transferred it from another property. That had a distorted wall, but was valued at what I'd offered.
    18th November: Application for new mortgage made as previous mortgage about to expire, at a higher interest rate due to the increase in rates
    22nd November: Damp & timber survey finds wet rot and wood boring beetle infestation. Reports sent to lender for assessment.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback