Spent 4 years pretending it's all OK

Options

Comments

• Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning Noah...

What a beautiful garden you have.. puts mine right to shame... we grow daisys and dandelions...!!!

Hope you have a good working day and enjoy some pottering later...

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Brogden wrote: »
    It is the Garden of Eden NOAh :)

What a garden :j !!

B x
    Thank you B! I have often referred to it as my little bit of heaven but even I have never made that link to Eden :doh:!You are more spiritual than you care to admit - there's hope for you yet ;)
    Hope all well with you - will pop over later and catch up after doing the avoided not -so - edenish stuff from yesterday:(

I can never understand how you all manage to log in so early in the am, I crawl out of bed and have to face city traffic on school run each morning so never any time :( and in the evenings my DS now hovers over my shoulder and wants to know what I'm doing:eek::mad: - what do I tell him .....NoOne talks to me at home so I've made internet friends:eek: that's what I'm always warning him about!!!!!!
    Loving you and leaving you
    xx
    NOAh
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    I rarely come on in the mornings even though my school run is leaving my back gate and walking approximately 7 minutes to the school gate :rotfl:

Your garden is just what I dream of owning (with some chickens and a fruit/veg patch) one day.....!

Hope you have a lovely day :) x
    MAY 2024 GOALS MFW #17 EF Goal 2- £244.12/300 (EF total £1744.12)~ NSD 0/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £133.59 / £500 ~ MOP- 0/50
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~~~ MAY 1st £
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    Puzzcat wrote: »
    Good Morning Noah...

What a beautiful garden you have.. puts mine right to shame... we grow daisys and dandelions...!!!

Hope you have a good working day and enjoy some pottering later...

Love Puzz. x

Morning Puzz:)

It is lovely, but believe me I have plenty of daisies and dandelions (and nettles in abundance)- in fact the dandelions are in full bloom at the moment - but they really brighten up the area they are in, and they are flowers after all? and nettles are very pretty too when they flower. I really don't have a problem with weeds - encourages wildlife! I am all for the natural look;) - less work and more beautiful in my opinion:D
    We have lots of butterflies and no shortage of bees.

Paid DS £20 over the weekend as he has mowed the lawn three times in the last two weeks and got it looking neat (but not weed or moss free). If he keeps that up all summer I will be a very happy mummy. I'm giving it a couple of weeks more before he gets bored:rotfl:and we'll be back to the "Meadow" look.
    Have a lovely day
    love
    NOAh
    xx
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    I rarely come on in the mornings even though my school run is leaving my back gate and walking approximately 7 minutes to the school gate :rotfl:

Your garden is just what I dream of owning (with some chickens and a fruit/veg patch) one day.....!

Hope you have a lovely day :) x
    Morning DFW - how I envy you your school run! I have been doing mine twice a day for 8 years now. Sometimes I am on my way to somewhere in the car and suddenly I realise I am half way to school!:eek:! I could drive there with my eyes closed. Probably do, considering the number of people who say they saw me and were waving frantically - but I didn't see them:o

You can see my fruit/veg patch at the back ...full of nettles, but actually its not good to grow things any more as the trees have so many roots in there. Greenhouse also sadly empty at the moment as haven't had time to get anything in. Chickens - would love to have but we get foxes and rats from the fields so would need to build a very secure coup something a bit like Alcatraz. :rotfl: biggest problem for free range would be the neighbours cat who hunts in our garden - upsets DD no end as it gets lots of innocent baby bunnies:(

Need to make my next call now - I gets so easily distracted....
    Have a lovely day
    Love
    NOAh
    xx
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    Phew ....
    Have got an update I&E done with SC.
    Then called my bank to update as have been 6 months on token payments - they have extended no interest for another 2 months :mad: when SC actually say the best thing that can happen is the default, So have to wait a while longer.

Also in my experience generally I found that the male contingents in the debt advice industry seem to have more empathy and more understanding than the female ones ??!!! Somehow (without wishing to start a sexism debate!!) that has taken me by surprise today. :o

Unpleasant tasks done for the day :T
    now onto domestic things - cooking for the next three days,
    DD has invited me up to her uni to spend the day tomorrow as she is free :j feel very honoured:D so am going to cook a couple of her favourites and take a food parcel (meals on mums wheels) for her:p

No SE admin to do today as projects mostly just ticking over now - need some more new enquiries very soon or :eek:
    xx
    NOA
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    Feeling very virtuous as have cooked Thai green curry (2 meals worth plus 3 portions for DD, leek and potato soup (2 meals worth) and some daal (2-3 meals worth). All just need steamed veggies/salad and rice/bread/chapattis. Should see us through well into the weekend:) or some meals ready for next week if we slot in something else too eg pizza on Friday night. :)

30 mins spent in garden, not counting washing out/in time.
    Now need to go and shower and smell of cooking:o and have a volunteer work meeting tonight at 7.30.

Sorry haven't been posting much on other diaries - my laptop security protection playing up and DH can't find where he's put the security key for reloading, means I can't take laptop to bed:(

NOah
    xx
  • themarsbargirl
    themarsbargirl Posts: 600 Forumite
    edited 28 April 2015 at 9:28PM
    Options
    Hey NOAh,

I read you whole diary a few weeks ago when I was too shy to post, but have now refound you by stalking lilty.

Remember that not increasing debt in difficult circumstances in a huge achievement in itself :T:T:T

Question: How did you teach teens about the value of money? Sometimes I feel my son thinks we have a golden goose. Tried to explain to hm its called "work" "determination" "perseverance" "compromise" "sacrifice":(
    NOA
    xx

I Grew up (and I'm only 25 now) with about 1/5 of the pocket money of my peers. By the time I reached secondary school (2011) I got 70p pocket money a week. If I wanted more money I had to do chores for it. One day's worth of washing up (family of 7!) was worth £1, One bucket of weeds from the garden was 70p (and Dad always stamped on the bucket and told me it wasn't full yet :( so I had to do more), washing the car was £1.50 (but no hoses, just buckets of water and a watering can)....can't remember the other job prices....when I got to the age of 14 and had a cleaning job that paid me an hourly rate (introducing me to the concept of an hourly rate lol) I insisted on getting one and got paid at the rate of £2 an hour....although washing up was still £1 a night.

As I got older it went from instant money for the chores to Dad tallying it all up and paying me weekly on a saturday with my pocket money to teach me about working and having to wait for the money.

Had I not left home at 15 I don't know if that would have become fortnightly and then monthly or not.

Anyway, it gave me a good steed and work ethic. Obv the money management didn't go so well :o but it was up to me to spend it (which I always did on sweeties) or save up for bigger things that my parents refused to buy me.
    Credit card respend 2551.58 (15/02/17)
  • Brogden
    Brogden Posts: 1,173 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you B! I have often referred to it as my little bit of heaven but even I have never made that link to Eden :doh:!You are more spiritual than you care to admit - there's hope for you yet ;)

Of course I am spiritual NOAh.......what made you think I wouldn't be?

I takes one to know one :rotfl:!!

Brogden xx
  • liltdiddylilt
    liltdiddylilt Posts: 4,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Oh NOAh I LOVE the garden. Reminds me of mum and dads own slice of heaven. When I was growing up we had three sycamores, a cherry tree, an apple tree, a holly tree, a Christmas tree that grew higher than the house, two rowans and a twisted willow in the garden. My dad has merrily chopped all but the holly tree down now :eek: for light and firewood, but I am sad that the days of blossom and helicopters have gone. It is still a beautiful garden though.

Thanks for my birthday wishes and flowers. I got a lovely cascade orchid from work and a lovely bunch of flowers hand delivered by my friend today who I thought was in Dubai! I was in shock! But very nice indeed :)

Well done for eating your frogs. And by that I meant getting the two bad jobs out of the way :) We call it eating frogs on my challenge and it keeps me focused. If you didn't know the story, there was a man who ate a frog every morning when he got up, and when asked why he would do such a thing he always responded, nothing in my day can be worse than eating a frog! ;)

Big hugs xxx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback