Stolen Galaxy S3

Options

Comments

• united66
    united66 Posts: 257 Forumite
    Options
    http://s10.postimage.org/66kfdxknt/dive.jpg

This is where it shows the S3 now on my Dive account
    Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers - make sure your hands are clean. Bob Marley - Legend.

• Gordon_Hose
    Gordon_Hose Posts: 6,259 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Can't really make out where that is supposed to be.
  • united66
    united66 Posts: 257 Forumite
    Options
    It isn't specific to the world map, but it just shows the foreign phone number due to the sim change.
    Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers - make sure your hands are clean. Bob Marley - Legend.

• reehsetin
    reehsetin Posts: 4,916 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    doubtful the phone will come back now as others have said, it will only work outside of the country. If there are issues with criminal charges please do sue him the £500+ for the handset.

P.s. samsung dive is brilliant, almost hoping my phone does go missing so i get the chance to use it
    Yes Your Dukeiness :D
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    This thread is persuading me to go for a Galaxy S3 rather than a Nexus 4...
  • Gordon_Hose
    Gordon_Hose Posts: 6,259 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    reehsetin wrote: »
    doubtful the phone will come back now as others have said, it will only work outside of the country. If there are issues with criminal charges please do sue him the £500+ for the handset.

P.s. samsung dive is brilliant, almost hoping my phone does go missing so i get the chance to use it

The phone is the property of the insurance company because they've paid out, so it would be down to them to do any suing.

Although the OP will get nothing back from this, it's a great example of what can be done if you ever lose your phone.
  • Rusty!
    Rusty! Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This thread is persuading me to go for a Galaxy S3 rather than a Nexus 4...

There are many Android apps that can do the same thing, it is safe to get the Nexus 4 :)
  • sillygoose
    sillygoose Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    Options
    Just the self-destruct function is missing - some sort of power overload causing the battery to explode - say cheese everyone...boom!
    European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.
  • sillygoose
    sillygoose Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    Options
    Brilliant thread by the way... got me really worried now, my company are considering issuing S3's God knows how much they will spy and pry on us with this stuff, they would too, they track our vehicles as it is.
    European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't use my handset for social purposes like many of you do but I do have a simple question.

If our friend is gaily adding to your dropbox on line, if he is tipped off, by deleting the photos from the phone, will that delete the ones he has uploaded identifying him?

If so, then you would need to copy them out pdq while they are still there.

If I am talking garbage, apologies.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport