Fischer Storage Heaters

Options

Comments

• lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I contacted Fisher explaining our budget and they suggested I have a free survey which i agreed.
    The enthusiastic salesman proceeded with what turned into a hard sell, claiming his heaters would save me thousands long term, the sale of my property would increase as he would provide a certificate proving his products savings.
    I am a landlord but also a heating engineer of 30 years, my specific knowledge is heat loss, btu requirements , room changes etc and all the claims made by the salesman contradict the law of physics with the explanation of heat dissipation.
    Regarding the running cost saving compared to the alternate brand heater I cannot comment, but the claims and costs were remarkable.
    The engineer made continous examples of prior satisfied customers none of which could be confirmed untill finally we were reluctantly told the cost.

Please sit down at this stage!

bedroom 1.......... 1.16 kw heater.............£1841
    bedroom 2............1.12 kw heater............£1841
    hallway..................1.12kw heater............£1841
    Lounge..................2.0kw heater..............£2365
    for the installtion and labour a room stat in a one bedroom flat,..this company wanted £7888.00 + vat

We opted for Dimplex heaters and saved £7600.00

It is my opinion that the company uses saleman to baffle you in to making a commitment and clearly 1 in ten or more might commit, with respect, possibly of an older generation.
    It worked years ago with double glazing and its working now with these miracle heaters, trading standards should be chasing this company and asking them to confirm there statistics and money saving claims.
    It has taken me 5 minutes to join MSE and put this comment on, when i tried to do the same on trust pilot which is what this company use for referals i couldn't!
    MSE comments completly contradict the referals being made daily on trust pilot used by Fisher, claiming these heaters are what they say.

Beware please.
    Thank you for taking the time to contribute to this thread. There have been lots of "edits" to this thread over the years, so it is good to keep it topped up with fresh information that will hopefully benefit others.
  • Richie-from-the-Boro
    Options
    I contacted Fisher explaining our budget and they suggested I have a free survey which i agreed.
    The enthusiastic salesman proceeded with what turned into a hard sell, claiming his heaters would save me thousands long term, the sale of my property would increase as he would provide a certificate proving his products savings.
    I am a landlord but also a heating engineer of 30 years, my specific knowledge is heat loss, btu requirements , room changes etc and all the claims made by the salesman contradict the law of physics with the explanation of heat dissipation.
    Regarding the running cost saving compared to the alternate brand heater I cannot comment, but the claims and costs were remarkable.
    The engineer made continous examples of prior satisfied customers none of which could be confirmed untill finally we were reluctantly told the cost.

Please sit down at this stage!

bedroom 1.......... 1.16 kw heater.............£1841
    bedroom 2............1.12 kw heater............£1841
    hallway..................1.12kw heater............£1841
    Lounge..................2.0kw heater..............£2365
    for the installtion and labour a room stat in a one bedroom flat,..this company wanted £7888.00 + vat

We opted for Dimplex heaters and saved £7600.00

It is my opinion that the company uses saleman to baffle you in to making a commitment and clearly 1 in ten or more might commit, with respect, possibly of an older generation.
    It worked years ago with double glazing and its working now with these miracle heaters, trading standards should be chasing this company and asking them to confirm there statistics and money saving claims.
    It has taken me 5 minutes to join MSE and put this comment on, when i tried to do the same on trust pilot which is what this company use for referals i couldn't!
    MSE comments completly contradict the referals being made daily on trust pilot used by Fisher, claiming these heaters are what they say.

Beware please.

ASA already know about Fischer-Future Heat UKURL="https://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudications/2013/4/Fischer_Future-Heat-UK/SHP_ADJ_216000.aspx"]A12-216000[/URL & URL="https://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudications/2015/3/Fischer-Future-Heat-UK-Ltd/SHP_ADJ_288734.aspx"]A14-288734[/URL & [A14-268600 ]

Thanks Lee Stewart for your input !
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Options

And there was me thinking 'one of the advantages' claimed of those heaters was no installation costs, just plug them in. :rotfl:
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • Hi guys, unfortunately I can admit to actually buying these on finance. I am now regretting my decision, as I thought I was buying uber efficient electric radiators with ultra flexible controls. Cost £3,250 for 3 heaters. They've been installed end of August. So now I've researched (yes I should have done it this way round & saved £'s) I have spoken to CAB & plan to write a letter around mis selling. So any advice to help leverage this would be much appreciated, unless I'm completely stuck. ��
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Welcome to the forum.

Can you recall the exact words the salesman said on his visit?
  • CashStrapped
    CashStrapped Posts: 1,294 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 September 2016 at 2:49PM
    Options
    @finster10

Half the cost of a made up rip off price.... may unfortunatly.... still be a rip of price.

Any company selling electric heaters as being more efficient than any other electric heater and charging a premium for it is ripping you off.

It also seems like you are advertising for another rip off company.
  • tberry6686
    tberry6686 Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 19 September 2016 at 12:20PM
    Options
    So you bought oil filled radiators at half the price of the rip off Fischer heaters. Going by the prices seen on here for Fischer heaters you will have paid ~£2-3K for radiators that you can buy the equivalent of in Argos for ~£30 each.

Either you are very gullible or advertising your own employer or company. I'm pretty sure which one it is.
  • Cardew
    edited 16 September 2016 at 11:15PM
    Options
    I had this in an Email, and can 100% guarantee that I have no connection with this well known firm other than I bought a carpet cleaner for my son.

http://www.vax.co.uk/oil-radiators?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20160909_SeptemberNewsletter_Subscribers&utm_source=Vax&utm_content=Radiator+text

These are oil filled radiators with thermostat, timer and come with a 2 year warranty.

The 1.5kW model costs £49.99, the 2.0kW model costs £69.99 and the 2.5kW model costs £99.99.

The point of posting this is to state unequivocally that any of these models give out EXACTLY the same amount of heat, for the same running cost, as any of the heaters mentioned in this thread.

In fact although the models in the link below can hardly be described as 'future heat' they also will give EXACTLY the same amount of heat, for the same running cost, as any other electric heater.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=3+bar+electric+fire&qpvt=3+bar+electric+fire&qpvt=3+bar+electric+fire&qpvt=3+bar+electric+fire&FORM=IQFRML
  • r2015
    r2015 Posts: 1,136 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Anyone seen Rip Off Britain about infra red heaters?
    over 73 but not over the hill.
  • Cardew
    Options
    r2015 wrote: »
    Anyone seen Rip Off Britain about infra red heaters?

Yes, these heaters were not only a complete rip-off but dangerous.

This is the link and the article starts at about 13 minutes 30 seconds

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07w5qkq/rip-off-britain-series-8-episode-4

Although this is an extreme case(and nothing to do with the title of this thread) similar rip-off electrical heating systems have been on sale in UK for years.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback